• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween/botany Idea

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I thought of an idea for Halloween

I was collecting seeds and resources today and my daughter asked if I was growing pumpkins because she seen all the orange plants.
Well I got to thinking it would be cool if we could grow pumpkins. Just like other plants have them give seeds (Maybe resources) and have a chance for mutant plants (black white etc)
Maybe add in a chance to get a special seed instead of a seed of renewal that will grow jack o lanterns which come in new colors and a very rare chance a rotten pumpkin or something like a few topiaries.
The seeds could come from trick or treat begging a new drop during Halloween.

This would add something new to botany, it’s been awhile.

Please add your suggestions

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They should fix the tribarrel cactus seeds first. Not sure why players asked them to keep RNG in a system that was so peaceful and predictable. Or, if they can't fix it, if they're making new seeds... just add a new tribarrel and keep that RNG one.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Why can't we grow alchemy/inscription regs? It would be so nice to have a Hogwarts style magical garden...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is art in the game for ginseng, nightshade and mandrake plants. Garlic could reuse the onion plant graphic. Only bloodmoss would need a new plant graphic, or a repurposed/rehued graphic.

Then they should allow nox crystal to be made via alchemy, say by distilling nightshade 2or3:1.

Then pig iron could be a random drop when smelting iron ore, batwing from vampire bats and mongbats, grave dust from digging in cemeteries, black pearl from fishing (this one might already be a thing), etc.

There could be a lot more little touches like this.