• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Hall of Champions - Now Open

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello fellow Chessy players, and visiting Sosarians. Today I'd like to announce the grand opening of the Hall Of Champions.

What is the Hall Of Champions?

That is a great question. Well, as I been on and off playing since 1998, I've seen many houses dedicated to their guilds, and guilds that once were. So I thought, why not do the same for one of my favorite guilds I was a part of, one that had a HUGE impact on Chessy: CHAMPS !C!. And with that thought, the Hall Of Champions was born. I've spent the last few months gathering statue deeds, digging through old photos, and constructing statues of legends that are long gone, but not forgotten.

At the time of opening there are 29 statue, idolizing some of the biggest names to grace the PvP scene in fel here on Chessy, and some on many other shards. There are a few people whose statue was added in the hall of champions, that were not a champion( !C! ), but were essential to the growing and domination of the guild. Most notably: Angelica.

I'll be updating the house and posts more as time goes by, but at this point I think it's good enough to open the doors and allow people to see and remember how fel once was on this shard that we call home.

Break down of what you will see:

You will enter through the doors on the South sde, and be hit with a wave of lag you have probably not felt in Ultima Online. This is because this 4 story castle is packed full of statues, memorabilia, deco, and of course, roses.

As you open the second set of doors, there is a walkway in which you will pass by two of the fiercest, crazy Canadians, great members of the Champions Guild. Roar and Diekruz.

Once past those two, you'll open the 3rd set of doors. This allows you access to the main hall. The main hall showcases probably the three most recognizable PvPers in fel during the great wars of AOS. Serik (Mikey, GM of Champs !C!), Madcat (Co-lead, rare collector), and Cotton Eye Joe (need I explain myself?).

As you look around the entire first floor, you will see the 4 sub rooms. Starting with the N and working our way around clockwise:

North Room:

Transfer Station: This is another thing that made champs so successful, still to this day. We were able to farm chessy, keep everyone here supplied with scrolls for cheaper, while also transferring scrolls to other shards to keep up with demand on those servers as well.

East Room:

Scroll Room: Still a fully functional scroll database. This is the reason the doors are sealed shut so outsiders (you) can't get to them. It houses all of the scrolls. power, alacrity, and transcendence.

South Room:

The Vault: The vault, over looked by yours truly, is where we stored the mass riches in hopes of inflation working in our favor. Sadly, this did not pan out. But it's still a very nice treasure room. Also behind locked doors so your sticky fingers can't get in there.

West Room:

The Mind Knows All: This is the Mind Knows All room. Odd name, probably will change that. It features cakes and statues collected over the years, but most importantly, it has the globes that allow us to see into the dungeons and see if someone is doing a spawn without the permission of the Champions. (no you cannot actually use the globes to see spawns)

2nd floor:

You will then follow the staircase to the Hall Of Champions personal spawn. A fully constructed spawn has been setup on the second floor. Its lvl 4 Riktor, with some left over spawn. Dead bodies and bones are thrown about the floor because of the fight that had occurred. The spawn is being guarded by none other than Warkraft, Apple Jacks, and Tao.

All around on Floor 2 Walkways, our champions who were well known, great fighters, and great people. This is where their memory can last a life-time. A nice walk around will surely spark some memories of seeing, playing with, or dying to these players.

Floor 2 West Corner:

Rune Library: This was actually a rune library once used by the Champions, that I reconstructed here for people to use, or remember how barbaric things were w/o the house transfer tiles, and crystal balls.

Floor 2 East/South Corner: Bedrooms (will change in future)

Floor 2: North: Staircase, not much you can do in there...

Floor 3 & 4: is currently off limits to visitors of the Hall of Champions. These floors will be opened up once I'm finished with deco and organizing. For now, the photos below will have to do.

Current Champions whose statues have been constructed and displayed:

1. Ajantis
2. Aldruck
3. Algernon
4. Alpha II Omega
5. Amitlu
6. Apple Jacks
7. Arthur
8. Astaroth
9. Braunstein Frese
10. Caztor Xain III
11. Cinfo
12. Claire
13. Cool Disco Dan
14. Cotton Eye Joe
15. Diekruz
16. Dwarf Pain Maker
17. Ed McManus
18. enthropy
19. Frey
20. Heil Twink
21. Jughead
22. Kylen
23. Lacrimo
24. Lady Angelica
25. MadCat
26. Maverick
27. MazzMos
28. Mean Green
29. Neo
30. Nivak
31. One Man Army
32. Orion
33. Papa Chain
34. Raistlin
35. Ripper
36. RoadRunner
37. Roar
38. Sadist
39. Serik
40. Serium Telvani
41. Serj
42. Tao
43. Valmar
44. W.Payton
45. Warkraft
46. Zan

This thread will be getting updated as deco and statues get constructed.

Floor 1:
q6hwJMh.jpg
Floor 2:
j8W18Yk.jpg
Floor 3:
NopxopR.jpg
Floor 4:
JXxKFqW.jpg

Map Location:
HallOfChampionsMap.jpg

Last edited:

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
interesting that I've fought against most everyone on that list (as I remember) but only been friends with a few.

might want to spell check serium's name....

wasn't sadist in champs?

that "one man army" guy is a straight a-hole

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
hey, to those beware. the lag running into that castle is something legends are made of. seriously, i'm surprised chessy doesn't crash more (like it doesn't enough already) with cotton and his shenanigans.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great job! one of the better custom tile castles ive seen.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have to give credit where credit is due. 3rd and 4th floor was done by Murc / G. He does some amazing work. The downside, which isn't his fault at all, is the lag that come with it. When its empty, its not to bad. When you fill it like I have, the lag is pretty real.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can say I remember CHAMPS zerging over on Legends. I never PvPed, but I remember the smack talk on the forums.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I have the largest collection of Whispering Roses in UO. Almost 5,000.
Hmm... wonder if you have a quartet named "Spring", "Summer", "Autumn", and "Winter". When they first introduced them you could make a new character with the name you wanted, store the rose, then delete that character and make another, etc. until you had all the named roses you wanted. No waiting! I did that for all four seasons. :) Of course I eventually lost them. *sigh*

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can say I remember CHAMPS zerging over on Legends. I never PvPed, but I remember the smack talk on the forums.
Hrmm, I don't remember ever going to Legends. That might have been after the Taka take over. Not sure. I know we went to LS, GL, ATL, LA, and a few hit Sonoma.

Were you the one who looted my 2500+ roses when I quit the first time cotton? Lolol
I got half, and demon Slayer got the other half. Then when he quit I got all of his and Sundinas. So a short answer yes lol

Great job Cotton, love the theme. It's always exciting to see creative people at work!
You sir are more creative than I, but I appreciate the kind words sir.

Poggrog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than your name the only one that jumped out at me was Ed. He always made me laugh hanging around just across the bridge outside of Vesper.
Kyannkat.

Cuno

Adventurer
Wonderful design and great deco! I like the statues in the fields of campions. And it's subtle, but I like the candles on top of your bookshelves. Nice job!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Wow, that is pretty awesome. Yes, I am the W.Payton listed. Good to see you cotton. Didn't think anyone remembered the good ol'days. A couple friends of mine still play and told me about this thread. Just wanted to come in and say hello.
The W himself. Yea, I'm trying to get the !C! stone, so it can be placed in the house. A lot of us have made a return: Claire, Amit, Army, Apple Jacks, Ajantis. Before you know it, the old !C! crew will be back.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The W himself. Yea, I'm trying to get the !C! stone, so it can be placed in the house. A lot of us have made a return: Claire, Amit, Army, Apple Jacks, Ajantis. Before you know it, the old !C! crew will be back.
does taka still have the C stone?

I miss Navi. that guy was epic.

You prob should have one of Sadist in there.

W.Payton

Visitor
That's pretty cool. I contemplated making a comeback a while back but I just couldn't get into the changes. Not to mention my tower falling was heart breaking. Nothing in there was irreplaceable in a monetary sense but the sentimental value of it made it such. What can I say I'm a big vajayjay

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's pretty cool. I contemplated making a comeback a while back but I just couldn't get into the changes. Not to mention my tower falling was heart breaking. Nothing in there was irreplaceable in a monetary sense but the sentimental value of it made it such. What can I say I'm a big vajayjay
I'm not sure when you left... but the changes have gotten a lot better from when i left in 2012ish. Things are different from once upon a time, of course. But the changes to factions (VvV now) and institution of the new drop system makes for a pretty damn decent game now days.

When I left I really didn't mean to, but I just let everything drop. Restarting is a pain but, at the same time, I'm getting more enjoyment from the game now than I have in a long time.

Cotton's little (er, big) shrine is friggin cool. I wasn't Champs... got killed by y'all, but it's cool!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
does taka still have the C stone?

I miss Navi. that guy was epic.

You prob should have one of Sadist in there.
Not sure why I don't have it in the list, but hes def in the house. on the second floor. I need to go back through and update the list, cause I've added a lot more. Got 6 my statues to place.
We had a falling out, but we had a lot of fun over the years. No way I wouldn't have him honored in t.

The PvP is just so fun. And there is time wasting "trammy" stuff to do, that is hugely beneficial.

W.Payton

Visitor
Pvp is good again? What template is good right now? Last I remember it was tamer mages. Yeah, it's been a while lol.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Pvp is good again? What template is good right now? Last I remember it was tamer mages. Yeah, it's been a while lol.
They've done a good job balancing pvp & templates... Tamers are still around and even with the dread mare they're not way OP. There's all the mage templates (scribe, nox, myst, necro) that all have their pros and cons. Then deathstrikers (realistically the only melee template that can pvp) and archers/throwers. The parry mage is quite in style right now due to the lethality of dexxer combos. But in a team of 3+, a balanced set of templates is more important than any single one.

All this, of course, is just my own opinion, but that's what i've seen.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Payton, I miss you and your tacos. You run a parry mage and mess up dexxers, an archer with fencing and ninja, or a deathstriker stealther. If you come back, Claire, Cotton and I will set you up, homie. You can easily get back into PvP with all the loot changes.

Poggrog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a trip up to see the place. Nicely done sir. But I think my computer had a heart attack when I stepped onto the threshold of the castle though :)
Sister Ageless

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You will enter through the doors on the South sde, and be hit with a wave of lag you have probably not felt in Ultima Online. This is because this 4 story castle is packed full of statues, memorabilia, deco, and of course, roses.
I took a trip up to see the place. Nicely done sir. But I think my computer had a heart attack when I stepped onto the threshold of the castle though :)
Sister Ageless
Yea, reason I put it at the top of the post. heh. The lag is insane. It was manageable until I placed the statues and raised garden beds. Its a real shame its so sluggish, makes it hard to use it. Thanks for the compliment and taking the time to stop by. I got more statues to place down, and I need to place the !C! guild stone that I acquired yesterday.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Promathis had the stone on his vendor.

Taka still holds the physical guild itself. I'd love to find a damn contact for him.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm disappointed in no lacrimo in there sir
Lol. But if guess u were trying to do all the -oldest- champs.
I have 5 more statues to be placed. Just have to make them.
Issue is free character spaces.

1) Ajantis
2) Lacrimo
3) Big Banana

Other 2, idk yet. weeks away.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cancer
Navi
Lucretius
Jughead
Roadrunner
Miss America
Magi/Obelisk
Morrigan/Oynx
Mazzmos
Chris
Vinny
Bobby top
Chuckie
Spyder one
Bald Pete
Caztor Xain III
Noximos
Cinfo Rammi
Arthur

Wirez next to lacrimo-LOL

Me and Amit vote for removal of Serium, Hell twink, Papa Chain and 3 of your statues of yourself
:heart:

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Somone let me use a 6th yr acct that is empty. Make my life a lot easier lol.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cancer
Navi
Lucretius
Jughead
Roadrunner
Miss America
Magi/Obelisk
Morrigan/Oynx
Mazzmos
Chris
Vinny
Bobby top
Chuckie
Spyder one
Bald Pete
Caztor Xain III
Noximos
Cinfo Rammi
Arthur

Wirez next to lacrimo-LOL

Me and Amit vote for removal of Serium, Hell twink, Papa Chain and 3 of your statues of yourself
:heart:
Great list other than Noxi. He was not a "great" member of champs. He was a terrible player who questionably got "good" overnight and was in the guild for a short time before it fell apart. Thank you for remembering Miss America btw. He got me into the guild and was a genius at building templates.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yea Noxi won't ever be in there.
The bigger issue is lack of character creation space along w/ lack of statue makers and photos to recreate people.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different people were good in different eras. Broli and I literally joined right when champs was dying down, and when Maverick quit bc he hated us for some reason. Nate or Lac would add us and Mav would boot us lol.

We fought with&against many of you before, during, and after champs. So like people like warkraft (a great pvpers and good buddy) was very good but played during the no cap artifact days and he had max sdi and like 4/7 casting lol. He was def good but you compare that to the end of the era where things were capped and they still had spellweaving WoD archers... Etc. You see the point.

You could always do some by era? Or always put some of you better duelers together. Then you had guys with just sick gear (Bobbytop, Wildfire, Booyaka) who you will never know if they were good without it. And I don't mean to throw bobby into that -catergory- bc he was good regardless, but you get the point.

Which reminds me, why isn't Nate on there? He was another one I felt was really good, but I guess he was later on too.

Last edited:

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea Noxi won't ever be in there.
The bigger issue is lack of character creation space along w/ lack of statue makers and photos to recreate people.
If you need help with what someone wore for armor and weapons ask me. I have a weird memory for things like that

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
11 more statues placed, and names idolized have been updated.
Few additions were added that weren't champs, but were instrumental to the formation and growth. Might do a few more 'key community' members as well.

I've went through all 10,000 photos I have and made just about every person who is worth mentioning that I could find a pic of.

Jughead - Newly Added
Roadrunner - Newly Added
Mazzmos - Newly Added
Chris - Represented together in Nivak
Vinny - Represented Together in Nivak

Help w/ these peoples:
Cancer - What did he look like & where?
Lucretius - Not sure I forgot about Luc -- what did he wear and look like?
Miss America - What did he wear and look like?
Magi/Obelisk- What did he wear and look like?
Morrigan/Oynx- What did she wear and look like?
Bobby top - - What did he wear and look like?
Chuckie- What did he wear and look like?
Spyder one- What did he wear and look like?
Bald Pete- What did he wear and look like?
Caztor Xain III- What did he wear and look like?
Cinfo Rammi- What did he wear and look like?
Arthur- What did he wear and look like?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At this time more names do not help. I need photos so I can recreate their image. And more important then that, I need more statue makers.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once past those two, you'll open the 3rd set of doors. This allows you access to the main hall. The main hall showcases probably the three most recognizable PvPers in fel during the great wars of AOS. Serik (Mikey, GM of Champs !C!), Madcat (Co-lead, rare collector), and Cotton Eye Joe (need I explain myself?).
Check this guy out. Ego much.

Love ya cotton

-Lucan

(Now i hope this is the same cotton from darkfall or i just made a fool of myself)

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Check this guy out. Ego much.
Love ya cotton
-Lucan
(Now i hope this is the same cotton from darkfall or i just made a fool of myself)
Of course thats me. And don't you step on my excellent excitement post.

Off topic - how is the Lord Lucan protector of Black Sheep doing?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You lived in DF w/ 250 ping... you can live in a shard/game where your character automatically shoots lol.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Today's Additions:
Arthur
Ajantis
Cinfo
enthropy
Caztor Xain III
Ripper