• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hail storm now costs 50 mana and does 0 damage

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail storm now costs 50 mana and does 0 damage. unless the target is stood on even ground. What did you do?? you can't use this spell anywhere in the lost lands or anywhere other than flat areas.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we do the rat spawn in Humility a lot, and I've always used corpse skin and then meteor swarm - since the last patch, if he is centered on the altar every spell but meteor swarm can hit him (all that I've tried, anyway) - is your hailstorm actually hitting the target? just wondering if the two are related - anywhere but dead center on the altar and it hits just fine

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes in the video i am using last target so should be a direct hit every time. That is just a pvm demo, obviousely if it happened even 1% of the time in pvp it would make the spell useless.

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes in the video i am using last target so should be a direct hit every time. That is just a pvm demo, obviousely if it happened even 1% of the time in pvp it would make the spell useless.
Meteor swarm and chain lightning have had targeting issues like that for as long as I can remember on uneven ground. I use both spells frequently at spawns and if the target is on uneven ground the spell will not do damage. You don't even see the effects of it going off. I haven't tried hailstorm in those areas. Maybe since the damage was changed to be similar to chain lightning, it caused the targeting to behave like it also.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But till the last patch/publish you could hit the boss while he was standing on the altar with them.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just out of curiosity, are you guys using UOAssist for "Last Target", if so, that might be the problem. I haven't tested it in this particular event, but I know in mutli-leveled areas sometimes you'll get "target cannot be seen" when using last target and/or target self, with area spells. -I haven't used last target through UOA or targetself in ... forever.

it might not be related though, as it seems like someone would have complained about it much sooner than since this last patch.

Edit: Nm, just saw the OP's video.... definitely not the same problem.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue will be resolved. This spell has always had line of sight restrictions when it comes to targeting locations. This bug allowed casters to bypass those restrictions when targeting mobs directly.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue will be resolved. This spell has always had line of sight restrictions when it comes to targeting locations. This bug allowed casters to bypass those restrictions when targeting mobs directly.
Its not just a line of sight issue for Hailstorm. Directley targeting just one walking succubus on flat ground (inside the Dojo) is doing zero damage holding a Demon slayer book.

Just an fyi, knew there was new issues with hailstorm, but wanted to make sure you knew this too.