• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hag House Request and Ant Houses

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know A LOT of people use that house for running the quest given the number of house visits. Soooo I am going to put all of the ZEEP Maps back in the house. I am I believe missing a few of the maps. I appreciate any help in helping me fill the map gaps :)

If you get a map that I don't have could you please drop it in a box with a rune to it. I will try and get the maps and the box in the house today. Will also find one of my hag quest rune books that go to all the places to get the hags ingredient list and get it locked down there. What I did not find were the runes to my Zeep maps so if you could mark runes for the maps I have when you get one and drop it in the box that would be really helpful :) It is a PITA to mark them when not on the quest.

I am going to make some changes to the ant houses tele tiles. I will keep the Vesper Ant House linked to the Brit Hub for easy access. But will pull the tiles from the A Hole house to the HUB. There is a tile from the Ant House to the A Hole House for easy access and it frees up a tele tile set. Will also pull the tiles from the Zento House to the Hub but will keep the tile from the Zento House to the Magincia House to free up another tile set. There are many other hub to Zento tiles in much better Zento locations than Mongbats house :)

The tiles will remain as they are until I can get with the Brit Hub owner and pull those tiles there. Don't want to pull them on my end and leave dead tiles at the hub :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boxes are locked down at the Hag House now and set to anyone :)

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still on holidays will be back on Friday. Latest next Monday evening CET timezone. So we can arrange the tiles on the Britain hub for your pleasure

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still on holidays will be back on Friday. Latest next Monday evening CET timezone. So we can arrange the tiles on the Britain hub for your pleasure
No rush :) just doesn't make sense to me to have 3 tiles basically serving the same purpose.

Delores D

Journeyman
The box is locked and set to anyone, but you need to set the maps inside to anyone also. I can not see which ones you have. Thanks.

I was going to put a map of the hedge maze for imps and a rune in one of the boxes but cannot put it in.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The box is locked and set to anyone, but you need to set the maps inside to anyone also. I can not see which ones you have. Thanks.

I was going to put a map of the hedge maze for imps and a rune in one of the boxes but cannot put it in.
Sorry I was playing with marking the runes last night. The maps on the floor should be set to anyone. Will LOck the boxes back down in a few set to anyone and double check the floor maps .

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am guessing you were there before I changed the house to this layout :) And I just got up and am working on my first cup of coffee so forgive my crayon spelling of DUPLICATE :) I put the maps in the order that they are shown on the UO.com wiki. I did note that WIKI does not have all of the maps listed Like the New Magincia one by the clean up officer location. Looks like they used the old THOB Zeef Page to make the Wiki. ANyway those two boxes are locked down and set to anyone . The chest is just where I am tossing the regs and cauldrons when I run the quest.

The free stuff box is there for anyone to toss stuff they don't want or take whatever is in it if they do want it. It is just secured and set to anyone.

And couldn't do the pic without getting a shirtless Herbert in it :)
hag house 1.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta remember to make some rune books and mark the ingredient locations and get it locked down there. when I have vet picks will add a public davies, crystal portals and commod box there. have 7 or 8 ten+ year old accts that are a month away from turning 12 months LOL. Figure I will keep them active until then and get all the 1st year vet picks from them.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like it needs to wait for some more days. - Being in a hotel this week with a very lousy connection. (Pinging 2500 ms and above to any internet adress.....)
Sorry...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like it needs to wait for some more days. - Being in a hotel this week with a very lousy connection. (Pinging 2500 ms and above to any internet adress.....)
Sorry...
Already got it all sorted out on my end just need to change the description on where two of the tiles on your end go to :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tyrath the brit hub tile on your end is not set to anyone use (or whichever setting you need to use it). People can get to your keep that way but not back to the hub. Not sure if intended or accidental.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tyrath the brit hub tile on your end is not set to anyone use (or whichever setting you need to use it). People can get to your keep that way but not back to the hub. Not sure if intended or accidental.
It is a bit of both :) I only want people I have given access to the keep popping in unannounced but when I put most of the private hub in the keep back I think I forgot to set the tiles to anyone when I locked them down.......

On a side note metal chest have been slow the last couple of days gotten like 40 of the wood ones and 2-4 of the metal :( THe metal chest RNG decided to hate me for a while I guess :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to whomever has been helping with the Hag House Maps and Runes :) Down to needing just 1 map for the Jhelom Stable and 1 rune marked for the Hidden Valley Zeef location.

A lot of folks have asked me what is the point of running the Hag Quest. How to do it and what is needed to do it.

The point of the quest was originally to obtain the magical moonfire brew which is one of the components used in activating the strange contraption in the solen hive to purify the water way back when the solen event chain was going on. That was back in the Lord Blackthorns Revenge Release days.

The modern point is you get a level 1-4 T map 2,000ish gold 30 of each reg and a decent amount of points in the Sacrifice Virtue. I use it for the T-maps and to maintain sacrifice without sacrificing all the fame to a liche or demon :) And 400-600 cleanup points for the cauldron, moonfire brew and the hangover cure (200 points each)

Basic Run through:
Talk to Grizelda to start quest.

Run On the road to the West of the Hag North towards Yew (Sometimes almost to the Yew Cemetery) A imp and the hags apprentice will appear. Double click apprentice corpse.

Return to Hag and talk to hag She will tell you to find Zeefzorpal the imp to get her recipe back.

Gate to Hedge Maze kill 1-5 imps and one will give you Zeefs Location via a map and magic flute.

Return to hag house and compare your map to the maps on the floor and gate to the maps location that matches your map. Blow flute at location and step back through the gate.

Talk to hag again (Can talk to her from the house) She tells you to find her 3 ingredients. (I will lock a Rune book down to all the ingred locations soon) The final ingredient will always be one of three things, A STAR CHART (You need a spy glass and simply double click it at night), Captain Blackhearts Whiskey (Buy 6 bottles of Liquor and drink it, while wearing a tricorn hat) Then talk to blackheart. Bones burried in hallowed ground (Need a Shovel) Rune I use is one of the Zeef Locations with graves, just dig a grave until you get bones that match the hags recipe.

Total quest time from start to finish is usually 5-8 minutes. If you get the Star Chart and it is morning you may have to wait a while until it is night, a clock in yer hag quest kit comes in handy for knowing how long you will have to wait.

Get the ingredients and return to the Hag and talk to her. Get reward. There is a 5 minute or so cool down before you can run the quest again. It is one of the safest and most dependable ways to get up to Hoard Maps for Fel.

I may or may not put a vendor at the Hag House with Hag Quest kits (Spy Glass, Tricorn Hat, Shovel, A Clock and a Rune book with the Ingredient locations inside) I will try to get around and mark the runes for the ingredient locations today or tomorrow and get it locked down by the Hedge Maze rune. After a few runs you get pretty the hang of it and can run the whole quest off faster than the cool down timer to restart the quest........... Unless it is early in the morning and you get the star chart :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additional Notes I put the maps on the floor left to right in the order they are listed on the UO.com Zeef map wiki. Zeefzorpul Locations – Ultima Online I am making a rune book to the locations with the locations numbered for those who want to use the wiki and numbers instead of the floor runes and maps.

If you run the quest on you T hunter you can run off most of the maps while waiting for the quest cool down timer.

When I have some vet pics in a few months I will put a public Davies at the hag house :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FINALLY The HAG QUEST HOUSE IS COMPLETE!!!!!! Big Thanks to the folks that helped out with some of the maps and runes! Probably saved me several hours in getting those last few maps! If any of the maps are not set to anyone let me know and I will get them fixed. If any of the runes in the Runic Atlas's don't work let me know and I will remark them for a spot that does work.

For the ingredients atlas, there are multiple other places to fill the hags list, those are just the ones I use. Feel free to use the Trinsic Swamp Public House but please don't fill my outhouse up :) There are slimes and Lizard men around the house and of course swamp water. The Red Mushroom rune is for the Tsuki Wolf House and kind of dangerous but there are two Red Shrooms off the Porch and Planters is keeping the house public if you need to run in. Also a Fixed Healer just South of the House if you get wolf whacked :)

The Floor Maps and the ZEEF By the Numbers Atlas are in the same order from left to right 1-20 as they are listed on the uo.com wiki if you don't want to open and compare maps :)

T-Maps from the quest are random lvl 1-4 (Up to Hoard) All Fel. You get 30 of each Reg per run. You get 200 clean up points each for the cauldron, Moonfire, and Hangover cure (400-600 Clean up Points per run). You get a decent amount of sacrifice gains each run, I went from Zero to Knight setting the house up. You get one totally junk magic item each run.... I throw them in the free stuff chest :) When the chest gets full I will unravel them if no one else does ;)

I will eventually set a vendor up there offering cheap Hag Quest Kits that will include (A shovel, A spy glass, a clock, a Tricorn Hat and Runic Atlas with the Zeef Locations and Ingred locations.) For a higher price and as I put them together Complete Zeef map sets and Runes to the locations, can set a box up with them in yer own house if you don't want to use the hag house :) But for now I am suffering from Hag Quest Burnout and not going to run the quest for a while :) Oh Yeah you also get 2k or so gold in the reward bag.

Enjoy your Sacrifice Gains, Clean Up Points, Regs and T Maps..... The house makes running the quest a breeze and fast.

Hag Quest House Complete.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep when you start thinking the hag is kind of hot and wondering what is under those black robes........... its time to take a break from running the hag quest :)

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Awesome explanation. Can’t wait for down time to try and run this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With your kit, how long would it take to run the quest? And what is the reward to time invested? I've never Done it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time Depends on the final ingredient. Captain Blackheart takes 7-8 minutes, Star Chart 4-5 minutes- a couple of hours, can be instant if it is UO night or Long Wait if it is day... particularly early morning. Hallowed bones averages 7 minutes. Reward VS time is subjective :) A T Map worth 10k-50k gold that can done in the cool down between quest, plus whatever other junk is in the T chest. The T map is pretty much the grand prize with a pretty even distribution of Stash, Supply and Cache with about every 7th being a hoard map. Runner up would be the sacrifice gains for those of us who die a lot in places far away from healers :) I can run 4 quest per hour if the star charts hit right and burn off 4 T maps at the same time. It is not the most profitable way for experienced Siege players to make gold. It is probably the fastest way to get Fel T Maps though.

Most people that run the Hag quest on a regular basis do it to maintain their sacrifice without giving up their fame to a liche or demon It is however a good way for lower skill and new characters to Siege to build of a good amount of gold, T Maps, regs and clean up points with minimal risk. It is also worthwhile and probably one of the fastest ways to get fel only T Maps. For a established Siege Vet the hag quest is not the best gold return on time invested for a new to Siege or mid tier Siege player it is a good return on investment Ive played 2 different character over the last 10 days One spending 20 hours doing the hag quest and one doing my other gold making things for 22 hours. The Hag character Banked 3.46mil and 34,800 clean up points between the quest and doing T maps between quest. The other Character banked 13.6 mil and 790,000 clean up points over 22 hours of play time. Not counting legandaries, gems and deco stuff in that mix just gold and turn in points. 3rd character and 4 boat sitters put together 12 orc ships, and got enough trade cargoes to max the fellow ship thing, get 16 Tritons and at least one of all the other pirate junk. Probably another 22 hours doing that. Hey I am having some med issues again and Doc wants my physical activity low since the 7th and for another 2 weeks. So a lot of computer time available at the moment and yelling at the hired hands over the phone. BAH 2 more weeks of being dependent on Snowflakes to to a good job....... Or at least a passable job :(

DSC01181.JPG

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to use the in game books for coords.

There is a little more to my system, but that's that.

I used to do the ingame books like that but have too many macros that booger it all up. Now I just keep the piece of paper pinned over my desk...... makes fer less cussing and throwing things :)