• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Had a weird dream...

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was alone, sitting on a log in a forest-scaped area of UO eating sauerkraut and brat hotdogs. Out of nowhere, a steroid muscled oversized white rabbit with one bright green front foot was hopping right to me. He sat down right in front of me looking like a white chocolate bunny,escept for his one foot. I was scared but I didn't take flight, and tried giving him a piece of my bratdog. He just remained sitting and staring at me like I was the crazy one!

"In Mani Ylem!" I chanted many times, to find raw meat, sausage, muffins, grapes (surely rabbits like grapes?); and each offering was shunned. I tried using my taming skill..."you have no chance to tame that creature". BAH. Why can't I make carrots or lettuce? "In Mani Ylem" i repeated with wishful determination. In my pack i found a clover leaf. I held the morsel out to the statuesque rabbit and he gently nibbled it from my outstretched hand. He held out his green paw to me. I carefully and softly carressed it. Suddenly, there was an explosive flash of white light and green sparks.

When I came to and could see and think again, I realized the rabbit was gone, but there in the grass where he had been sitting remained a tiny four leaf clover with 3 white leaves and one bright green leaf and stem. I picked it up and clicked it..."You have been granted 10,000 luck for a day"! Wow, that is some serious lucky rabbit's foot mojo. I have to go do the roof right now...and I awoke!

While the dream was neat, I am now wishing that we could have pets with high innate luck on them, or as something we can add in the training progression. If the luck from pets would work in tandem to the pet owner or party, that might add to making better loot drops for tamers, or aid crafters gathering resources? What do you folks think? @Kyronix

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I were a dev I'd make it happen, even if just for a short period of time, because of the creative way in which you asked.
:heart:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Literally LOL-ed at your crazy dream! Sounds like a bit too much UO when it creeps into your dreams like that! :p It does sounds like a nice idea to have a special reason to use such a pet. How or what however, tricky.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Some of the coolest discoveries have happened just like that. That sounds like a brilliant idea, the concept of luck on pets, and then the question of training luck on pets?:love:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awwwww, heart melting adorable! A pic of mine when it was a young thing, an abandoned roadside rescue by my niece and her friend. Pets like these make me feel lucky in real life!

18369.jpeg