• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hacks are done through Classic Client

Briken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Classic Client is damn near 20 years old. All kinds of scripts and hacks are done through CC because it is such old software. Scripts that do everything from duping to pvp guarentee wins. The enhance client is not horriable looking like people claim. It just boils down to if you support classic client you support cheats, scripts and hacks. You have no regard to the fellow player and only care about stroking your ego. This game will continues to be swallowed by its own filth because of it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate to break it to you, but 90% of the cheats and scripts that people use in CC also work in EC. The EC has been around for a long time, people have had time to build illegal programs for it. Removing the CC would do pretty much nothing to stop scripting/cheating at this point. People can dupe in the EC too, it's just slightly more difficult.

I've never used any of the cheats in either client, but I know lots and lots of people who do and have seen them use their scripts/cheats in both clients.

Briken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO will never climb out of the funk it is in. It is forever stuck at its minimal standard play and will never get close to its potential. Not enough subscribers for a new clean client and to many cheaters to keep the player base down.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO will never climb out of the funk it is in. It is forever stuck at its minimal standard play and will never get close to its potential. Not enough subscribers for a new clean client and to many cheaters to keep the player base down.
I guess you should thank all those cheats, scripts and hacks supporters, CC users, for keeping UO alive and if you think for one minute that EA would pay for another client to be built then please ship us all what you are using/smoking. There is not one game out there that has not been hacked.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why? Stratics has nothing to do with clients, hacks, gender affiliation (*winks*) or anything else you find wrong with UO. I happen to adore what is left of the good folk and citizens of Stratics.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Good thing it is a new rough and tumble place here. Tell me about you Briken. I know the rest of the folks in this thread.

Briken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know nothing of the Role Playing world. All I am saying is that the game will never come close to its potential because of to many outside influence's driving the player base down.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is a fair answer.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Except I did not ask about role playing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Classic Client is damn near 20 years old. All kinds of scripts and hacks are done through CC because it is such old software. Scripts that do everything from duping to pvp guarentee wins. The enhance client is not horriable looking like people claim. It just boils down to if you support classic client you support cheats, scripts and hacks. You have no regard to the fellow player and only care about stroking your ego. This game will continues to be swallowed by its own filth because of it.
again, why dont we have other buttons other then 'like' here on stratics?

like this thread i would use a steaming pile of..... oh look a squirrel!!

in all seriousness, you come in here and you bashing the client that has payed for this game for the last 20 years.
thats like walking into your parents house and complaining at your mom for cooking and cleaning for you for 20 years. you've made your mother cry. i hope your proud now!

Last edited:

Briken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your 2nd grade reading comprehension is failing you. The Classic Client is an amazing game but the **** wads that abuse the out of date coding is bring the player base down. The might be to confusing for you ummm to many cheaters hurt player base. I think i cleared it up

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for your 10th message here in 13 years.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This topic has been moved to the proper forum for it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know ec/pincos is faster and better in many areas. is it really true ec/pincos has script loot? I hope not. as a cc/non cheater, this makes me want to quit and makes me wonder what else it can do that would be considered illegal for cc. we need to make both clients on an even playing field. until this happens, there will be endless posts and people will leave. common sense is needed.

Briken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know ec/pincos is faster and better in many areas. is it really true ec/pincos has script loot? I hope not. as a cc/non cheater, this makes me want to quit and makes me wonder what else it can do that would be considered illegal for cc. we need to make both clients on an even playing field. until this happens, there will be endless posts and people will leave. common sense is needed.

Thank you for an intelligent and on topic post.

I don't post here because topics get mauled by whinny sissy trolls pretty fast

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When first introduced UOA with CC would basicly have been the same as the EC but UO said tone it down. BS should allow the old UOA or from what I understand from others talking about it there really is another program that is IMHO is a clone of the old UOA that should be allowed.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your thread should read "Hacks are done through Scripters", has nothing to do with the Classic Client. Personally I find the game look best in 2D but would love to see KR come back with 2.5D, don't like the EC much except for T-Hunting. This game is a niche sandbox and isn't for everyone, but for all the freedom and depth it has it's the best game out there :D

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 of them are in this thread too lol.
So what? It doesnt matter if its his 1st, 13th or 3000th post. He;s entitled to his opinion and to post it as much as anyone else is.

Are you all such elitists that post count if the defining factor in whether someones opinion carries weight? I guess you are.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So what? It doesnt matter if its his 1st, 13th or 3000th post. He;s entitled to his opinion and to post it as much as anyone else is.

Are you all such elitists that post count if the defining factor in whether someones opinion carries weight? I guess you are.
I like how you assume either of us were trying to degrade his opinion in any way.

Tell me, where do you see either of us saying "your opinion is meaningless because you only have 10 posts"?

Oh that's right, neither of us said that. Garth and I just made an observation that it was odd someone who posted such a strongly worded thread and is clearly passionate about it doesn't post here more often. He never said anything about the opinion not being worthwhile.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how you assume either of us were trying to degrade his opinion in any way.

Tell me, where do you see either of us saying "your opinion is meaningless because you only have 10 posts"?

Oh that's right, neither of us said that. Garth and I just made an observation that it was odd someone who posted such a strongly worded thread and is clearly passionate about it doesn't post here more often. He never said anything about the opinion not being worthwhile.
It was inferred and you damn well know it was. Nice try wiggling off the hook. But then again youre good at that.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

No my point was, he created the account back in 03, then apparently left the game for a long time. Then came back and apparently lost to someone that he thought was cheating, and came here to complain about it. Had it been a brand new account, i wouldn't even have bothered replying. But i make it a habit of looking at the account age, not the number of posts. He had made, I believe, 3 posts between 2003 and the time he started this thread, which I think contains 7 or 8 replies, boosting his count to 10. So, nice try at labeling everyone an elitist but you failed. Anyway, why I replied to this thread in the first place has escaped me.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
5 of them are in this thread too lol.
Wait a minnit ... pumping post counts? Oh my! :eek:

@Briken - you need some education, son. Altho this screenie is new I have been on these boards since 1998.
... <snip> ... The Classic Client is an amazing game but the **** wads that abuse the out of date coding is bring the player base down. ... <snip> ...
Classic Client is not a game - it is software that allows you to play Ultima Online. UO is the game. But back to your original rant ... I can tell you that hacks and so forth have been around just about since day one of this game. I feel your pain about it, but guess what? Unless you can show you are being directly and adversely impacted by it, then just let it go. Go play the game you are paying for and stop worrying about others! Chill, man! Really!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I'll say it again, i didnt care then, and I dont care now, how many post counts the OP or anyone else on the planet has. But the age of the account, and existence of very few posts in a 13 yr time span, prompted me to add my reply, whether it had any value to the topic or not.