• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hacked

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just an fyi.

I'll let yall know how bad it is/was when the dust settles. Getting everything blocked now.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck Viquire.. it's happened to me several times in the past across several accounts. Each time it was just as frustrating as the first. If there are items you lost and need help with to keep truckin' let me know. I'll help with what I can.

M

Michael Wolf

Sorry to hear Viq. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get you back on your feet.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No such thing as getting "HACKED". It is always a mistake on the users end.

Sorry, though.

M

Michael Wolf

No such thing as getting "HACKED". It is always a mistake on the users end.

Sorry, though.

Walking around a crowded airport in a foreign country with your wallet in an obvious easy to get to location is mistake on the part of a traveler too, that doesn't mean there's no such thing as being pick pocketed...

Just because it was mistake on the part of the user doesn't give the hacker the right to steal the account or anything in it.

Hacking doesn't necessarily mean the hacker used computer knowledge to hack an account, most hackers simply use social phishing techniques. They are still hackers and thieves.

F

Frey Wavestrider

Walking around a crowded airport in a foreign country with your wallet in an obvious easy to get to location is mistake on the part of a traveler too, that doesn't mean there's no such thing as being pick pocketed...

Just because it was mistake on the part of the user doesn't give the hacker the right to steal the account or anything in it.

Hacking doesn't necessarily mean the hacker used computer knowledge to hack an account, most hackers simply use social phishing techniques. They are still hackers and thieves.
I agree, most people limit the availability of the information but if someone wants it they can usually find methods to get it . No one has a right to steal an account or information regardless of any errors made by the person who has been victimized. Hope you are back up soon

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is why it is classed as having an account STOLEN.

Hacking is a very difficult thing.

F

Flora Green

Sorry to hear, Viquire. If you need anything, let me know. I'll be glad to help if I can.