• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Gypsy camp rares

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya,

Since the Trader's Hall hardly has any traffic, I'm reposting this here. I'm interrested in seeing what people would pay for the new gyspy camp rares.

I have the moonstone bracelet, someone else found a pair of moonstone earrings. I noticed the person who found the earrings is trying to sell it for 100m starting bid on Chesapeake with no offers yet.

What am I realistically looking at? I'm considering putting the bracelet I have up for sale to be able to build funds for gearing up in competative suits. I realize they still spawn, but they seem to be rare enough not to pop up at an alarming rate...

Details: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=211506

Thanks in advance ;)

S

Suzzy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are dropping on all shards, right?

If that is the case and there is no specific end date to speak of, the rarity of this item will certainly go down as time goes on based off the assumption more will drop.

For new items that are currently dropping, the PC's will vary. I personally wouldn't pay more than 20m for it, but then again the item itself does not interest me at all so someone else might be willing to pay more.

The only true way to ascertain value is to do an auction and see what happens.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I agree with Suzzy regarding the rarity of the item(s). I don't think we can consider them rares.

That being said I'd be interested in hearing a value as well. I am disappointed that the hyped up items are jewlery and not some cool deco item =(

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been 2 items total found across all shards. At least only 2 have been confirmed. 1 is the bracelet and 1 is a pair of earrings. I am going to have to put my vote here saying these items are in fact VERY rare. I have killed over 20,000 and I have yet to find one single rare item. That is my $.02

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There have been 2 items total found across all shards. At least only 2 have been confirmed. 1 is the bracelet and 1 is a pair of earrings. I am going to have to put my vote here saying these items are in fact VERY rare. I have killed over 20,000 and I have yet to find one single rare item. That is my $.02
I'm going by definition of rares as it pertains to this forum as posted here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179761

D

DVI

Theoretically a ruined painting should not be here at all as it still spawns,and I firmly believe in the future we will see it removed from the forums as more and more are introduced into the game.

The reason it is still permitted here though is due to several factors:

-We know the spawn rate, and know roughly how many are in the game at any given time.

-They are a very desirable item.

-With the exception of brief spurts where they are either spawning or someone sees how much they can sell one for, they are not frequently seen on the open market. With that said though, the frequency with which they have become available while still low has increased from several years ago.

I would hold off on placing the gypsy items on these forums until we know more about them, their spawn rate, spawn duration etc

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, congrats on your bracelet! I'd probably agree that 20m is a good starting price. Someone might pay as much as 100m, if they really want it especially to complete a set. It is a very cool item and I hope if you decide to sell it that you get what you feel its value is.

Now as far as allowing the sales of these items... from what I've read regarding the moonstone jewelry, they have a very low drop rate. Tomas and I are in the process of making a decision on whether or not to allow them on this forum. A few discretionary items like ruined paintings have been allowed in the past without any clear cut rule on them.

Pro: Its drop rate appears to be very low like ruined paintings.
Neg: While it is a low-drop/rare, it does spawn like ruined paintings.

If anyone has any opinions on this and similar items, we are open to hearing them.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Permanent spawn items are not allowed for buy/sale on this forum. This includes, doom artifacts, fishing rares, ML artifacts, REPLICAS etc.

First the ruined painting.. now the bracelet/earrings.. whats next? replicas, new SA renowned artifacts.

Please mods, enforce the rules. Thanks.

ps: as soon as the first bracelet/earring sells at 100m, tons of others will appear here for sale too.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Permanent spawn items are not allowed for buy/sale on this forum. This includes, doom artifacts, fishing rares, ML artifacts, REPLICAS etc.

First the ruined painting.. now the bracelet/earrings.. whats next? replicas, new SA renowned artifacts.

Please mods, enforce the rules. Thanks.

ps: as soon as the first bracelet/earring sells at 100m, tons of others will appear here for sale too.
*smiles* That's why I asked for opinions. I think that allowing items like the ruined paintings and such might open it a door that might be difficult to close or make judgments on when the next hot thing comes out.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, congrats on your bracelet! I'd probably agree that 20m is a good starting price. Someone might pay as much as 100m, if they really want it especially to complete a set. It is a very cool item and I hope if you decide to sell it that you get what you feel its value is.

Now as far as allowing the sales of these items... from what I've read regarding the moonstone jewelry, they have a very low drop rate. Tomas and I are in the process of making a decision on whether or not to allow them on this forum. A few discretionary items like ruined paintings have been allowed in the past without any clear cut rule on them.

If anyone has any opinions on this and similar items, we are open to hearing them.

I understand they spawn yes, however the rate is so low that they will appeal to rare collectors. We like the ruined painting because it has an amazing graphic and it's still rare, even though gets more common over time. Supply of ruined paintings have remained low over the years, while demand has stayed high.

I think in my mind, for as long as the Gypsy items stay really rare, they are directed at the exact people who come to these forums. Face it, we over spend on things just because we like the challenge of collecting.

If there was a "collectors forum" where people try and complete collections of items, rare or not. Then I'd boot the Gypsy items there in a heartbeat. But with that said, general trade is not good for them, so in my mind, this forum is the "best fit" for them... for now.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the opportunity of letting this post up, Assia, and I hope you'll receive enough feedback to come to a decision regarding rare-but-still-spawning items...

In the mean time I've taken Suzzy's advice and started an auction for my bracelet on the Europa trade forum, so hopefully we'll soon know what a piece of moonstone jewelry is worth. Seeing as someone found a Moonstone Earrings, and me finding a Moonstone Bracelet, I assume that there's a Moonstone Ring and a Moonstone Necklace aswell. There have been no reports yet of those showing up though...

We're talking about people killing gypsies and opening gypsy camp chests for weeks on all shards with only 2 items showing for it. When the devs said the items were rare, they sure weren't lying :p

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsidian Statues are another good example. There are are 4 Statues that spawn that are VERY rare. Those have always been allowed to be consider rare and yet they still spawn.

I agree that maybe it should be all or nothing. What was once considered rare is not necessarily rare anymore. I guess that Ricardo's Ancient Lamp, Conjurer's Garb and book and talisman, Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation and the other one are all now rare because it does they spawn but how many of those do you figure are out there? So, perhaps we need a new definition of the word rare.

Here is my proposal for categorizing rares:

1. Common Rares- These are rares that no longer spawn but there are a lot out there or perhaps are still spawning but have a low enough drop rate that you cannot get them easily. This would include holiday gifts, expansion launch items, monthly or longer spawning items.

2. Uncommon Rares- These are rares that only spawnd for a short time but the numbers are not as high as say holiday gifts where every character gets one. These would include things such as rubble, EA shard-wide event items and items that are difficult to get and items/pets from invasions. These would not include items that still spawn.

3. True Rares- These are items that spawned in a very small number(10 or so per shard or less) and would include server births, low drop number EM items and special items that were given out in low numbers.

4. Unique Items- These items are one of a kind and will never spawn again. This would include unique Seer, EM, and GM items that have no equal. These items will been known to have NOT been duped.

5. Fake/Duped Rares- This would include items that were created by misuse of ingame mechanics, duped items and items that still spawn in large numbers.

Exceptions could be made for certain items such as the never-ending flamestrike items which there are a couple unique ones, but they are not all unique but uncommon. Items that are/were heavily duped would move from Rare to Fake or Duped category.

That is my opinion, and I only posted because discussion was asked for. Hope that this helps some.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're talking about people killing gypsies and opening gypsy camp chests for weeks on all shards with only 2 items showing for it. When the devs said the items were rare, they sure weren't lying :p
How many people? I'm not farming gypsies. No one on my guild is doing that also. There is only 1 guy on LS that sometimes talks on chat about how many gypsies he kill. 1 single guy. And btw, i know him and he doesnt use stratics.
These items are currently spawning and they are new, thats why the low quantity. Same as some high level lich deco items, or some of the new SA artifacts, or (add here any other current item spawn), etc.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I have to agree with the thought that if it's still spawning it's not "rare".
If one can dedicate time and effort into getting an item in the game then it's not as rare as it is just hard to come by. To me this applies to ruined paintings and future "rare" (read: infrequent) spawns. Just because it took a while to get doesn't make it rare.
IMO everything in this game should take a while to get ;) but then again I'm old school. :thumbup1:

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with the thought that if it's still spawning it's not "rare".
If one can dedicate time and effort into getting an item in the game then it's not as rare as it is just hard to come by. To me this applies to ruined paintings and future "rare" (read: infrequent) spawns. Just because it took a while to get doesn't make it rare.
IMO everything in this game should take a while to get ;) but then again I'm old school. :thumbup1:

but how did you feel back when skull candles, marble tables, empty jars, trays and things like that spawned? I still considered them to be true rares, even though their spawn rates were between 2 weeks and 3 months each.