• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[GW2 Official News] Your Super Adventure Box Questions Answered

GW2 Stratics

GW2 News Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
How do I get into the Super Adventure Box?

Moto has set up shop at the north end of Rata Sum, near the portal to Lion’s Arch. Round up a party, enter the Box and grab a super coin from the vending machine, and feed it to Virtual Moto. Make sure you save any baubles you collect in the Box, in case you run out of lives.
Can I bring my sweet pet moa or use my amazing teleporting skills in the Super Adventure Box?

To minimize the impact of Tyrian technology and magic on the core edutainment concepts that Moto espouses, all your items and buffs are disabled inside the Super Adventure Box.
How long will the Super Adventure Box be in Rata Sum?

Moto will be demoing his Super Adventure Box throughout the month of April, to gather important data and metrics, as well as to identify any potentially lethal bugs that may or may not be present in his holoware.
Why can’t I hold all these baubles?

Baubles in your inventory are managed by a wallet that is upgradable inside the Super Adventure Box. Your wallet will not total baubles that you’ve stored in the bank or elsewhere. If you enter the instance and have more baubles in your inventory than your wallet can hold, you will be unable to earn more baubles. Be sure to speak to Moto to trade your extra baubles in for Bauble Bubbles so you can keep earning more.
How can I earn the Super Adventure weapon skins?

That’s what the bauble bubbles are for. You can convert 250 baubles into one bauble bubble. Once you have enough bauble bubbles, trade them in to Moto for some of his amazing, solid-holographic weaponry.
What are continue coins?

Once you lose all of your lives in the Super Adventure Box, you must trade baubles for a continue coin in order to keep playing. You can also stock up by trading Moto your baubles for continue coins outside the Box.
Do I have to collect every bauble dropped by a monster in order to earn bauble achievements?

No, you only need to collect ambient baubles that exist in the zone, not the ones in jars, dropped by monsters, buried, or in the end-of-zone chests. Finding hidden baubles, including those in locked chests will challenge your awesome sleuthing skills.
Why did I buy this useless shovel?

There are secret spots with buried treasure all over the various zones. Be sure to check all the nooks and crannies, especially in hard-to-reach areas.
King Toad is too hard! What is wrong with you?

Super Adventure Box bosses are only difficult until you learn to read their “tells.” Don’t forget to use the whole arena. Remember: knowing is half your battle!
It turns out that I’m not good at jumping puzzles. Is there an easy mode In the Super Adventure Box?

After you give Virtual Moto a super coin, you will enter the Hub. Look for the friendly cloud and talk to him about your need for a low-risk experience.
I can’t read Tyrian. What if I miss an important clue?

All Tyrian text is translated for you in your chat log.
Pro Tips:

• Zoom your camera all the way out with your mouse wheel.
  • Disable double-tap to evade in your Combat/Movement Options under General Options. Learn to use the V key to evade.
  • “Dodge Roll” for a little extra height and length by hitting evade (V) right after Jump (Space Bar). Practice rolling your thumb from the Space Bar to the V key in one smooth movement.
  • Don’t pick on innocent wildlife. Some might even lead you to treasure!
  • Always carry a towel with you to deal with sweaty palms.
  • Be brave and go for reckless jumps. After all, it’s just a game. Within a game. Have FUN!

Continue reading...