• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GW 2 and the Zombie Island

B

Bella

Oh I wish I would of found this island! I definiately will be looking for it during the next BWE!! You can find the original article here.

Guild Wars 2: Zombie Island
BY: ALIETTE | MAY 5, 2012 | EDITORIAL,FEATURED,GW2 NEWS,VIDEO
While in the Guild Wars 2 Beta this weekend, I managed to find this insanely awesome event chain. All I can say is that these zombies were no joke, especially the undead Asuran. They ran at blazingly fast speeds, and were absolutely enjoyable to watch (and kill/be killed by) from my end.

The event chain involved either saving the island from a zombie invasion, or losing control of the island to them. If you lost, you’d have to go back later and liberate the plagued lands of the infestation, which would then restart the chain. When you succeed in repelling the zombies, more events pop up. As shown in the video, you later have to fight and destroy Undead Kraits, who are the ones conjuring these massive armies of zombies. (Not only were they building an army of the living dead, they were enslaving the poor Quaggan!) Sadly, I do not know if there were more events in this chain, as at that point my brain got sidetracked with other events.

Suffice to say, though, this was easily one of the highlights of my playtime in Guild Wars 2.
Thank you, Aliette and Guild Wars Insider, for sharing this great zombie island adventure with us!