• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gumshoe quest - Papua

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The quest made me realize that on some shards - the Ophidian invasion in still going on in Papua on some shards.

Ha ha. Ported into Papua and was insta killed by Ophidian Generals.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But why is it still going on? Surely they could have turned it off...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But why is it still going on? Surely they could have turned it off...
Exactly. Its only been like 5 years.

I spent a few hours killing them but its a dead shard and you can't find 2 people let alone 15 to eradicate them for good.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
5 years....ummm maybe someone forgot to turn it off! :eek: Now would seem to be a really good time to remember....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So they need to all be killed, or what?? Were those shards just not interested, lack of people or just really tolerant of Ophidians....:eek:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
The Ophidians won the war! Give them the cities on those shards do EM event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, the problem on the shards where it was active still in Fel, is that every time someone organized a group to try to clear Fel, the spawning Fel guilds would defend the ophidians and kill anyone trying to clear them. After all, the invasion effectively blocked easy access to some of the champs (and a faction HQ, IIRC).

I know that at least one shard only managed to clear them because one of the Fel guilds went shard hopping, and a group of Tram and Fel guilds worked together to clear it while that other guild was gone.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
AND just when I log into Arirang to start training a character the servers go down :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just marked a rune for the quest spot in Papua on Arirang. Going to try to do the quest up to that point with my peace tamer and see if I can go back and finish it there and also mark the crafting area spot. Will report back in a bit on my success, if any. If it works, I'll try and be around later if anyone wants me to help them with that particular location.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killed off a brood queen that was right by Sage Humboldt on Arirang. Another respawned right outside on the ground, so I dragged it and a bunch of recruits off. But new recruits have spawned and there are a major and a general lurking nearby, but at the moment the sage has nothing right near him. I can meet people later if you want runes for that spot and/or the crafting area.
ophid brood queen.JPG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can talk to him inside. Mark a rune inside and close the doors? Unless they can open them.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I feel bad for anyone wandering into that, I did notice that on Europa mobs were spawning inside the camp, it's disgraceful that the Guard didn't ask to see their badges, we can't even LEAVE without proving we have one....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ophidians seem to be gone from Papua on Arirang. Can't guarantee there aren't any lurking somewhere, but so far have found none near the bank, tailor shop, or dock area.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The ophidians seem to be gone from Papua on Arirang. Can't guarantee there aren't any lurking somewhere, but so far have found none near the bank, tailor shop, or dock area.
Yes i noticed they were gone as well was thinking about transferring over to help beat them and was glad i checked first !