• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Guilds and Ventrilo (or Teamspeak)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm wondering how many of you guys run a ventrilo server and nosey enough to ask how much you're paying.

I pay $12.00/mo for a 25 person server through Divo networks and I understand that is a little high. I've had impeccable service from them and don't think I'd change just because of superstition.

I do wonder what other servers have to offer though. I heard one guy say he could get a report on all the comings and goings in and out of vent all day whenever he wanted. (I can only see who's presently in mine at any given time not who was in earlier)

Others say there's a way to see login attempts(and failures) IP addresses. If I can do this I don't know how.

For those of you who are using vent with your guilds or friends is any of this really possible or are they blowing smoke up my tookus?

Thanks in advance for your imput.

*high five*

C

CatLord

Team Speak

512 users

Cost 0.

(Adam from uoforums rocks!)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guild Im in on warhammer online has a 100 person vent and I think Life said it was 15 bucks a month. Ill ask again to verify.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Lightspeed Gaming and mine is $11.50/month for 25 slots, but that includes a redundant server in case there ever is an outage (never has been one), we can immediately get a mirror of my vent and not have any down time.

Each of the reports that you mentioned above I can do thru my log-in page on their website.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A mystery hero ICQ'd me to tell me how the Rcon panel works under the serveradmin section of the control panel. I thought it all had to be done on the website so this was pretty cool.

I don't mind the extra couple of dollars a month, I was just wondering if I was missing out on some sort of features ;)

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pay about $6 for a 25 person Ventrilo server. There are other options that are free. The host I use offers 100 slot Mumble and Mohawk voice servers for free although the front page doesn't specify if this is just an introductory offer.

http://www.voipservers.net/

C

Corvak

ugt-servers.com

For a WoW guild, I pay $16 for 50-slots. I think their 25s are about $10.

As far as CatLord commenting on free TeamSpeak - you can host your own server for free, though it is using your connection, so get as many people as you expect to use it at once and see if it or your game lags.