• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guilded Animals Going Blue Need Fixing Please!(Devs PLS Read)

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs could you please look into and fix the bug with guilded pets going blue or unguilded.

This is a super hugh iusse for red tamers, we have no why of know if our pet is guild friendy red or just plain red. So when a guildmate does an aoe my super dragon eats his face and i have to hear them complain in vent. This has been around for years can we PLEASE get it fixed.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

Yup, many of us do, but it's already been brought up in the Improving Pet AI thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah buuuuut I suspect it's an entirely different fix from pet AI.

I very much hope they will eventually fix the pet not always matching the guildee's guild affiliation too, but it would not be part of the same code workthrough as the pet command obedience thing they are doing now.

There's other flagging issues as well, such as nonsensical flagging criminal (guardkillable?) for healing your grey or red pet (pets are a natural part of a tamer's template, and its the equivalent of flagging crim for healing yourself). Maybe they will look at all the pet flagging issues and work them over as one project, like they are the pet command obedience now.

G

This fix should not be that difficult. For example Necromancer Familiars are always green (even though they show up as red). The same should be possible for any follower.

G

Yes, please fix this.

My guildmate's dragons seem to find my red butt tasty every few minutes.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, please fix this.

My guildmate's dragons seem to find my red butt tasty every few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
*cough*HATT*cough*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Devs could you please look into and fix the bug with guilded pets going blue or unguilded.

This is a super hugh iusse for red tamers, we have no why of know if our pet is guild friendy red or just plain red. So when a guildmate does an aoe my super dragon eats his face and i have to hear them complain in vent. This has been around for years can we PLEASE get it fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be looking at that this week. No promises. Just wanted to chime in and let you know.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Leurocian, you're great! &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

And today marks his seventh anniversary in Stratics!!!

Mavar

K

Kat SP

Thanks for looking into it, but some promises would be nice. Sucks to be a red, with this blue pet problem AND in factions. We are often forced to fight in tight quarters.. there's just no way to get away from a mean and angry pet.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be looking at that this week. No promises. Just wanted to chime in and let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
TY, any kinda update would be awesome no matter what yall decide to do later.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TY, any kinda update would be awesome no matter what yall decide to do later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great news eh??!!

It might be convoluted to fix though...

They might be using the guild/ally affiliation flag as a dual function flag. It might be performing functions that are specific to the pet/owner relationship, plus those same identical flags deal with guild and alliance relationships. If that's what's going on and they have some specific behaviors coded into the pet implementation that conflict with the guild implementation, it might not be a trivial fix.