• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild Wars 2 Lore by WoodenPotatoes

B

Bella

There are many people new to Guild Wars World (myself included) who may be unfamiliar with the lore of the world of Tyria. As the 2 in the Guild Wars 2 title indicates, there is an original game entitled Guild Wars where the story of Tyria, and its lore, begins.

From the elder dragons and their minions bent on destroying everything in their path to the reasons behind the rebuilding of Lions Arch, there is a mountain of information out there to help with our immersion into the world of Tyria. Although I read as much as I can to become as familiar as possible with GW2's lore, I also enjoy visual information when possible and that is where this video series by WoodenPotatoes comes in.

The World
Published on June 3, 2012 by WoodenPotatoes

This is the first part of a short summary series I'm making to teach people about the Guild Wars universe. If you know nothing about the story at all because you didn't play the first game, but like the sound of the second - look no further!

Part 2

The Fall of Ascalon
Published on Jun 17, 2012 by WoodenPotatoes
Interested in Gw2 but never played the original? This will teach you everything you need to know about the story from the first game!

Part 3

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Characters
Published on Jul 7, 2012 by WoodenPotatoes

This weeks installment introduces us to the heroes of Guild Wars 1. It wasn't in the original plans for the series, but I felt deserved a spot so we knew who we were actually rooting for in the plot!

Part 4

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Chosen
Published on Jul 13, 2012 by WoodenPotatoes

Interested in Gw2 but never played the original? This will teach you everything you need to know about the story from the first game.

Part 5

Guild Wars 2 Lore: Flameseeker
Published on Aug 21, 2012 by WoodenPotatoes

Work for todays installment comes from a whopping three different artists! Please give them as much kudos as possible, they worked their bums off.

I will update this post as each new part of the series is release so keep an eye on this thread.

Bella

Last edited by a moderator:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice work Bella!!!

Glad I saw this link. I am running around like a chicken with his head cut off dealing with my duaghter, nieces and nephews and neighborhood kids outside today lol. Then trying to get in contact with a dev at ArenaNet on top of it :( Just busy busy busy day.

Thank you Bella!