• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild Wars 2 Books

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you the type of player that enjoys reading, especially about the story of the game you are playing? Then Guild Wars 2 has satsified both answers for you.

Ghosts of Ascalon was written by Matt Forbeck and Jeff Grub. This is the first of the three novels that bridge the time between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2.

Ghosts of Ascalon was released on July 27th, 2010 in North America and Europe.

Edge of Destiny was written by J. Robert King. this is the second installment of three novels to bridge the time between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2

Edge of Destiny was released on December 28, 2010.

Sea of Sorrows written by Ree Soesbee has not been released yet. Speculation on release is around March 27th 2012. This will be updated if any changes.

You can go to Shop | Guild Wars 2 and scroll down to both books out so far and read the first chapter free.

© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

B

BellaofCats

I didn't know there were books; that's awesome! I love to read and think I'll get both books to fill me in on the game. Thanks for posting this!

Bella

B

Bella

I just ordered both for my Kindle Fire... instant download. Needless to say, don't expect to see much of me over the weekend, lol

Bella

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot!!!

I bought mine at a bookstore. They were going out of business and had a 75% off. I love the feel of the paper while reading a book.

Shhh dont tell anybody but this a secret. I like reading books on a Kindle Fire. Yes I admit it. I have cheated on my hardbacks and paperback books.

B

Bella

Woot!!!

I bought mine at a bookstore. They were going out of business and had a 75% off. I love the feel of the paper while reading a book.

Shhh dont tell anybody but this a secret. I like reading books on a Kindle Fire. Yes I admit it. I have cheated on my hardbacks and paperback books.
Nice! Can't beat a good deal like that. I almost bought the actual books but didn't want to wait for them to ship. The Kindle Fire is nice but there is nothing like holding the actual book in your hands. I may still buy the physical copies at some point.

Anyhow, I started reading Ghosts of Ascalon today and am enjoying it quite a lot. Good storytelling but I already knew that going in :)