• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild Warfare!

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im just tossing this out there because the Crimson Rumbble went over so well i figure we could try more events.

Im thinking we could all go to the field outside wrong and wage war on each other. Kill cap of say 50 first guild to 50 wins. Im not sure if you can war multiple guilds at once.

So like AV vs FFbz vs PvM vs .exe vs LSN. Huge bloodbath with rez points that are no kill zones. all the killing will take place at wrong, i know it will be hard police but after The Crimson Rumble went over without a problem i think we should be able to handle this.

Dunno what kind of prizes we want maybe a free harry, i dunno.

Im looking for lots of input on this please.

Origin maybe a dead shard but it would be super cool if we could get lots of these events going.

I

Intoxication

that does sound like fun but most of LSN has moved on from the shard due to being bored and there were only two AV willing to fight in the tourny.
this month i am doing a taming event and next month i am doing another pvp tourny but it will be a all goes 2 vs 2 in the match.

But doing a war guilds and seeing who gets the most kills first would be cool. If you can get enough people in it i would be more then happy to play along.

C

Crystal Canyon

Im just tossing this out there because the Crimson Rumbble went over so well i figure we could try more events.

Im thinking we could all go to the field outside wrong and wage war on each other. Kill cap of say 50 first guild to 50 wins. Im not sure if you can war multiple guilds at once.

So like AV vs FFbz vs PvM vs .exe vs LSN. Huge bloodbath with rez points that are no kill zones. all the killing will take place at wrong, i know it will be hard police but after The Crimson Rumble went over without a problem i think we should be able to handle this.

Dunno what kind of prizes we want maybe a free harry, i dunno.

Im looking for lots of input on this please.

Origin maybe a dead shard but it would be super cool if we could get lots of these events going.
It does seems like a good idea to maybe get the Pvp going good again here.

Unfortuantly, IM the only person in my guild who does attempt to Pvp, so couldnt participate but would love to watch anyway. A safe zone would be good for spectators also.

The event was awesome to watch, but im glad I didnt enter...LOL...I would have been gone to the "gray beyond" in a matter of seconds against you guys...LOL

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This isn't completely relevant to the OP's starting post and I hope it doesn't derail this thread. However, I did start a thread on the Factions Forum suggesting that people who are into factions might want to make characters on Origin so they can be ready to test Publish 56 when it is released on Origin, since it seems like there's a good possibility it may include some faction-related content. And, as you know if you've ever tried factions, a lot of things in factions like getting kill points and earning rank, winning elections, corrupting sigils, etc., are a bit time consuming and should take a fair number of participants on all sides to test thoroughly.

Haven't had much of a response to my post on the Factions forum yet, but it may be enough to get a few people thinking about making characters on Origin to help test out future publishes. Hopefully the good folks already on Origin, especially those who regularly play in Fel, will think that's a grand idea and make them feel welcome.

D

Dr.Thompson

Does sound cool, im always up for gettin whooped, untill i am properly trained in da pvp on a mage, when i am ya'll better watch out or something, prolly not

C

Crystal Canyon

This isn't completely relevant to the OP's starting post and I hope it doesn't derail this thread. However, I did start a thread on the Factions Forum suggesting that people who are into factions might want to make characters on Origin so they can be ready to test Publish 56 when it is released on Origin, since it seems like there's a good possibility it may include some faction-related content. And, as you know if you've ever tried factions, a lot of things in factions like getting kill points and earning rank, winning elections, corrupting sigils, etc., are a bit time consuming and should take a fair number of participants on all sides to test thoroughly.

Haven't had much of a response to my post on the Factions forum yet, but it may be enough to get a few people thinking about making characters on Origin to help test out future publishes. Hopefully the good folks already on Origin, especially those who regularly play in Fel, will think that's a grand idea and make them feel welcome.
Does sound like there is going to be a good amount of faction-related content to the next publish.

I would also suggest reading up on some of the rules of factions and getting used to the difference in the ruleset of factions compared to just average Pvp. It will make your transition to factions alot easier if you are aware of some of those differences, if you decide to venture there.

Factions can be alot of fun but also a bit hard to understand in the beginning.

C

Crystal Canyon

I'm not new to factions, Crystal.
My goodness, I dont believe that I said you were!

Crystal: I would also suggest reading up on some of the rules of factions and getting used to the difference in the ruleset of factions compared to just average Pvp. It will make your transition to factions alot easier if you are aware of some of those differences, if you decide to venture there.

Factions can be alot of fun but also a bit hard to understand in the beginning.
I was merely stating "that some people that might think about making characters in order to check out the new factions rules, as you suggested, might gain some knowledge of factions first.

Is it so "terrible " to suggested that these people read up on some Faction rules before diving in?

Wowzer!!!!!!!

I

Intoxication

Yeah I'm just going to ignore the last few post and get back on topic.

As for having a "safe zone" for people to watch that really isn't possible in a event like this. The event is supposed to be made so that there are no safe zones for people to hide in and its all fair field fighting. I would suggest flame striking yourself (I'm sure one will do) before you come out and just watch it in gray. Or if you use uo assist just view yourself as a animal and watch it that way, then the screen will be color.

C

Crystal Canyon

Yeah I'm just going to ignore the last few post and get back on topic.

As for having a "safe zone" for people to watch that really isn't possible in a event like this.
Well maybe I worded it wrong, I think the OP actually called it a "no kill zone".

Huge bloodbath with rez points that are no kill zones
The event is supposed to be made so that there are no safe zones for people to hide in and its all fair field fighting.
I think his idea is a much beter one and would draw more people out to particiapate.

I would suggest flame striking yourself (I'm sure one will do) before you come out and just watch it in gray.
Well, I dont think you know quite as much as you think you do!:)

I

Intoxication

I guess if you wanted to try to watch from the rez zone you could but I think the only thing you will see is dead people rezing and dressing. Not going to be much fighting there if its just a rez point and no killing can be done there. All i was saying is if you really wanna see whats going on without getting mixed up in the fights it would be best to watch dead. There are a lot of reporters that report events and fights, harrys things like that in fel and they do it dead so that they can see all thats going on with out getting in the way.

C

Crystal Canyon

I guess if you wanted to try to watch from the rez zone you could but I think the only thing you will see is dead people rezing and dressing. Not going to be much fighting there if its just a rez point and no killing can be done there. All i was saying is if you really wanna see whats going on without getting mixed up in the fights it would be best to watch dead. There are a lot of reporters that report events and fights, harrys things like that in fel and they do it dead so that they can see all thats going on with out getting in the way.

Yep Yep...whatever...thanks for you concern.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets talk prizes, since an entire guild would win it would be hard to get a prize that people would accually wanna fight for. Call me cheap but i think bragging rights would be enough.

Also im thinking we would need to to set a numbers maximum, im thinking 5-10 tops just to avoid a massive zerg. alas .exe will only field four because thats our max numbers we would be willing to go with 4.

If we cant guild war a bunch of guilds at once maybe have people drop an item when they die then people have to drop of these items at a point to get credit, first team to 10 items wins.

I have nothen set in stone remember and i am open to all ideas.

G

Ghost_Writer

I believe you can War more than one guild at a time, problem with going to War is you'll need guild leaders to be present and it will effect the whole guild whether they are participating or not. Also if you get a few members of some guild who want to participate, they won't be able to without their whole guild and their guild master/mistress.

I suggest Runes. Mark a bunch of runes in different houses, several per house, preferably houses on different facets. Marking them in a house will auto dye them a specific color depending on the facet the house is on, also it will prevent anyone from re-naming them without destroying the auto color. Select teams, whether it's guild members or ad hoc teams formed by single players who's guild isn't big enough or willing to play. Each member of each team gets a rune from the same house. The Team who manages to collect all runes of all houses wins.

The one problem would be people who drop the runes in a rune book to prevent them from being looted.

Just a suggestion, use it if it works.

GW

C

Crystal Canyon

I believe you can War more than one guild at a time, problem with going to War is you'll need guild leaders to be present and it will effect the whole guild whether they are participating or not. Also if you get a few members of some guild who want to participate, they won't be able to without their whole guild and their guild master/mistress.

I suggest Runes. Mark a bunch of runes in different houses, several per house, preferably houses on different facets. Marking them in a house will auto dye them a specific color depending on the facet the house is on, also it will prevent anyone from re-naming them without destroying the auto color. Select teams, whether it's guild members or ad hoc teams formed by single players who's guild isn't big enough or willing to play. Each member of each team gets a rune from the same house. The Team who manages to collect all runes of all houses wins.

The one problem would be people who drop the runes in a rune book to prevent them from being looted.

Just a suggestion, use it if it works.

GW
GW, is right, there are probably alot of people willing to participate in such, but if they are in a small guild, or none at all, they wouldnt be able to.

Choosing teams the way he suggested would work also and really, really sounds like fun, and I wish I could say that everyone would play fair...just wouldnt bet my life on it....LOL:)

Just the possiblility of being able to work at this in teams instead of guilds is awesome. Maybe have sign ups and give everyone in each team a week at least to get together and learn to work together as a team before the actual fight takes place.

M

Morgaine

I love the idea... I think a couple rules would need to be set because it wont be as controlled as the LSN event was, (which sorry more AV didnt compete, bad timing I guess :( ) anyhow, guilds would have to police themselves and their guildmates to make sure they arent falling out of line with the rules.

an all out bloodbath would be fun. The last one we had was awesome, though that one wasnt for a tangible prize.

The problen with awarding a guild a free Harry would be keeping other guilds who arent partiipating, out of the way. One way to do that would be to ask another guild or two to protect from an area away from the harrower... which can be effective.

Other than awarding a Harrower.. maybe there could be a 10mil(doesnt have to be 10mil, but you get my drift) prize that could go to the guild who wins.... Maybe even have every guild chip in the gold and have someone like maybe one of our board mods hold it.
I'm sure guilds like FFBz, AV, LSN, exe,PvM and LSK! would participate if the timing is right... otherwise it wouldnt be much fun if hardly anyone showed.

Is there a way to do a poll on the forums and have people vote on specific dates?

C

Crystal Canyon

Other than awarding a Harrower.. maybe there could be a 10mil(doesnt have to be 10mil, but you get my drift) prize that could go to the guild who wins.... Maybe even have every guild chip in the gold and have someone like maybe one of our board mods hold it.
I'm sure guilds like FFBz, AV, LSN, exe,PvM and LSK! would participate if the timing is right... otherwise it wouldnt be much fun if hardly anyone showed.

Is there a way to do a poll on the forums and have people vote on specific dates?
Yes, everyone should chip in on the prize if gold is the award. Alot of contests are run by means of an entry fee. If everyone that participates pays to enter, and everyone pays the same amount, you could just take the total that amount and divide it between members of the winning team.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exe wants more pvp yet instead of fighting against new guilds that join the shard, they ally them.

Thats a great way to find more fights.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you hear Publish 56 might include the faction system?
Draconi posted on April 11, 2008 that there would be "interesting rewards for participating in the war while in factions." Article is here: http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=346.

Jeremy has also admitted a time or two that the event-related publishes have been stalled significantly from their original timeline. Since none of the event-related publishes we've had so far have included anything remotely close to "rewards for participating in the war while in factions," it seems logical to conclude that publish hasn't been released yet. Perhaps it will be Publish 56?

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I wanted two of your members absorbed into our guild, not allied. There is a difference. It was also when FL was on all the time due to their lacking effectiveness on Pacific.

Good try though.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intoxication is right about reporting dead. LOL I many many a time go in alive but fully expect to die and so go into chicken mode in UOA, so I can see the action in color and not have to worry about getting rez'd and concentrate on getting shots. If not for this many of my reports would be in greyscale lol.

Oriana

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bad thing about viewing your ghost as a chicken is that you seem to have the dex and strength of a chicken too. Last time I tried it, I couldn't walk through some faction guards. Had to switch back to viewing myself as a ghost. But yes, it is nice to see some color when you've decided to run around for a while as a ghost! All that gray can get quite monotonous.

C

Crystal Canyon

All that gray can get quite monotonous.
You got that right! I detest gray!

Im more in hopes that I can be around to participate than to watch. It depends on how things are set up and if Im free for time of the event.

I think it would be great practice for me.

If anyone wants to help me out by giving a few lesson via a duel let me know. LOL...Im game. :blushing: