• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild Question

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
hey guys i dont do guilds much and i have a question. I had a toon in a friends guild. Somehow my toon gets promoted to guild leader, without me having any knowledge of it happening. i hadnt been on UO much..... so my question is how would that happen? If i took 0 part in becoming leader, none of their toons promoted me is there any other way this could have happened? if the guild leaders account goes inactive does it promote the emissary? and if emissary is also inactive would it promote a ronin? i has casued some confusion and really could use some clarification.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
this happened with an alliance guild.
after so long of the guild leader being inactive, it goes to an emissary.

also if the guild leader is promoting someone to emissary and then does it again.
that person would automatically become the guild leader.
I accidently did this with the guild my cousin started.
Luckily the only chars in it are mine.
(I wasn't paying attention and just kept promoting & thought it was at emissary)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey guys i dont do guilds much and i have a question. I had a toon in a friends guild. Somehow my toon gets promoted to guild leader, without me having any knowledge of it happening. i hadnt been on UO much..... so my question is how would that happen? If i took 0 part in becoming leader, none of their toons promoted me is there any other way this could have happened? if the guild leaders account goes inactive does it promote the emissary? and if emissary is also inactive would it promote a ronin? i has casued some confusion and really could use some clarification.
I don't think there's any chance of a ronin being promoted past being a ronin or a regular member being promoted to guild leader. I think being promoted to guild leader because of inactivity only happens with emissaries. I've seen it happen a couple of times over the years with my characters or a friend's characters that were emissaries.

Rickspanish

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I don't think there's any chance of a ronin being promoted past being a ronin or a regular member being promoted to guild leader. I think being promoted to guild leader because of inactivity only happens with emissaries. I've seen it happen a couple of times over the years with my characters or a friend's characters that were emissaries.
There is. I was a Ronin and became guild leader. It was a guy I never play. I just loged on and was guild leader. And there has been 4 people on this year. And about 10 in the last few months. Unless the guild leader just passed it to me with out knowing.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a toon in a 23-year-old guild that I just keep alive for the history of it after all the members gradually moved on in real life over the years. Since I was the only member left, it defaulted me to Guild Leader. Perhaps you are the sole member left?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Happen to me once, Character was a honored member of the DoD (Dealers of Destiny) on Chessy. We left the game in 2007 came back in 2015, when I logged in on that character she was promoted to guild leader. I since recruited others members of our accounts and hold the guild in trust for the true owners (if and when they return)
1-19-210001.jpg 1-19-210003.jpg

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
this happened with an alliance guild.
after so long of the guild leader being inactive, it goes to an emissary.

also if the guild leader is promoting someone to emissary and then does it again.
that person would automatically become the guild leader.
I accidently did this with the guild my cousin started.
Luckily the only chars in it are mine.
(I wasn't paying attention and just kept promoting & thought it was at emissary)
It would be great if they introduced some sort of position somewhere between emissary and guild leader, they could call it "warlord" or something.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call me rude but I started 2 small guilds w what I would call very unique names that only guilds friends. Everytime I take a break from UO, this last being almost 2 yrs, I boot everyone but my characters specifically to avoid losing my guild’s names. Sorry! (not sorry, hehe)