• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild decay like houses when player inactive?

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else think its a good idea that if the person whom has taken a guild abbreviation, and they are the only person with characters in the said guild, and they haven't played for well over a year (Unpaid), that the guild abbreviation/name should eventually become available again to the public for current people to use?

I know for active guilds the players can vote or whatever for the new GM if the current one hasn't played in forever. This is mostly for the guild abbreviations in which the only characters in it are from the same account/person.

Kind of like house decay but instead for guild abbreviation/names.

I'm seeing some guild abbreviations/names that are taken and I know the players haven't been on in years and several of those haven't paid for their accounts since back when Stygian first came out.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think this would be a good idea. Guilds are very important to people, a returning player finding out their guild they played with for years was disbanded when they got back would be very upset over that.

I understand the frustration of all the good names already being used, I had to go through about 15 different combinations of letters for my guild abbreviation before I found one that hadn't been used yet, but I'd rather do that than destroy the memories people have of their formerly active guilds.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be good for a guild elder Stat. If the guild is active any any payed member for 2 years or so, it can't be destroyed or removed. It is locked in and saved. Or put a guild leveling "play" system in the game for the guild to get. tons of items that can be used by tinkers for guild upgrades