• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guild Alliance Issue....begging for a response from Jeremy or another Dev.

• Thread starter Ivan - MT
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Ivan - MT

Any idea why UO.com still shows my guild is allied with another when I know I'm not allied with them. The other guild I wish to allie with is also having the same issue as me. It's very frustrating not being able to start a new alliance because the info over there is not updating correctly. Is there any chance of a developer commenting on this so I have an idea on what I can do.

Update: Seems our guilds problem is not what I originally posted above but the bug is within the guild info from your paperdoll instead. It thinks our guild asked itself to join a alliance.....in our case [MT] asked [MT] to join in alliance. This is something I did not do, and have know idea how it happened. Because of this the bug won't allow us or any other guild to allie with. For more detailed info about this issue read some of the replies.

G

How long ago did your guild end the alliance?

I know it takes a certain amount of time to update the My UO searchable database, if that's what you're referring to. I'm not sure how accurate it is for checking just-changed things.

If that's not the case, I would fill out a Bug report, and maybe even send in some Feedback about Guild Alliances. May as well cover all bases! *grin*

I'm sure someone here has Jeremy's e-mail address handy. That's also another avenue to try. Hope your issue is resolved soon! =)

I

Ivan - MT

Old alliance was dropped 2 days ago. No luck yet getting our new one started....argh!

G

I recently added a new allie to PoC alliance and they had the same thing happening on Uo.com they had an old alliance showing that was ended months ago. This did not affect me actually allying them in game though and we found that uo.com actually updated within a couple of days and removed the old alliance and replaced it with the new.

G

Ours adds new alliances but it still shows the old ones too, and has for months and months. It doesn't seem to effect anything in the game, other than having to explain why they're on the list when they have been gone from the alliance for a very long time.

G

Hmm, 'recently at war with' & 'recently allied with'. Not 'currently'. But I would expect guild statuses to update at least weekly, and characters at least once daily.

Ooh, look what I found:
<ul>[*]Character information is updated approximately once per day between 2AM-6AM CST.[*]If you notice any serious issues with character reporting or display, please contact the webmaster at uo.com.[/list]Okay: [email protected] it is, then.

G

Cool. I looked for information of this type earlier, but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it here, is nice to know how that system works. =)

I

imported_Yalp

Yeah we are the other guild trying to ally w/ MT. We left an alliance more than 6 months ago. Paged a GM.. paged a GM.. paged a GM. Told ...

1) lost items could not be returned
2) check the site for the information we needed
and
3) send in a bug report.

so now we wait.. and wait and wait.

question though.. Is having the UltimaOnline site updated gonna affect the in game alliance status? I don't understand this one.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

Ivan - MT

Seems our problem finally fixed itself, but now we have a new problem. Via the guild listings from ones paperdoll it shows both guilds NOT allied anymore but it won't let us allie together when we attempt to send each other an invite. We've both tried to send invites and neither of us receive any invite messages from the other.

If I try and send an invite to them all I receive is this message: My guild is currently considering another Alliance proposal"

Thats it...any ideas on this problem?

G

Our problem is .. For the past month or better, we've been trying to form an alliance with another guild, but when either that guild or ours sends out the invitation, we get the message &lt;insert my guild's name here&gt; is currently considering another offer, and there seems to be no way to get that cleared. And what other offer we're considering is beyond me ... When I do a diplomacy search for guilds awaiting action, our guild name is the only name that returns. I have paged a GM, was told to submit a bug report. Have submitted the bug report, and have been told a work around to this would be to disband our guild, and reform it, then form the alliance. That's a bit stringent .. it's a major hassle to get all of the guild members invited back to the guild, do the guild promotions, guild titles, etc. There has to be some sort of real fix for this.

G

Numerous guilds are caught in a loop where they've accidentally invited themselves to ally. If you go into the 'advanced' section of the guild menu, under 'guilds awaiting action' Is your own guild name listed there?

As far as I know the only solution for this is to disband the guild and form a new one. Which is why so many guilds are caught in this trap. They don't want to lose the guild name and tag they have, they don't want to unguild members who are taking a break from the game, and they don't want the hassle of trying to contact large numbers of guild members to re-enrol them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Numerous guilds are caught in a loop where they've accidentally invited themselves to ally. If you go into the 'advanced' section of the guild menu, under 'guilds awaiting action' Is your own guild name listed there?

As far as I know the only solution for this is to disband the guild and form a new one. Which is why so many guilds are caught in this trap. They don't want to lose the guild name and tag they have, they don't want to unguild members who are taking a break from the game, and they don't want the hassle of trying to contact large numbers of guild members to re-enrol them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did not 'accidentally invite' ourselves into an alliance. The GM of the guild we are trying to form the alliance with was in-game, and on the same screen as I was. As soon as I sent the alliance invitation, I got the message that my guild is considering another offer. So, if some other guild has sent my guild an alliance offer, why is there not an option for me to clear it? Or why doesn't it have a time limit such as when someone is targeted to join a party and they do not respond? The alliance system is buggy and needs to be looked into.

I

Ivan - MT

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...it appears we are showing there. No idea how that happened. Is there any way to fix this without disbanding the guild? Disbanding is NOT an option for us....too many members &amp; history still show on our membership section as in current &amp; past members.

If there is no fix for this other than disbanding our guild then someone (Dev.) needs to look into this and put out a fix for it asap. There are so many old bugs out there that still need addressing.

G

[quote
Hmmm...it appears we are showing there. No idea how that happened. Is there any way to fix this without disbanding the guild? Disbanding is NOT an option for us....too many members &amp; history still show on our membership section as in current &amp; past members.

If there is no fix for this other than disbanding our guild then someone (Dev.) needs to look into this and put out a fix for it asap. There are so many old bugs out there that still need addressing.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reply I received from EA help indicated the only way around it is to disband and reform. I agree with you that this is not an option, and needs to be fixed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Our problem is .. For the past month or better, we've been trying to form an alliance with another guild, but when either that guild or ours sends out the invitation, we get the message &lt;insert my guild's name here&gt; is currently considering another offer, and there seems to be no way to get that cleared. And what other offer we're considering is beyond me ... When I do a diplomacy search for guilds awaiting action, our guild name is the only name that returns. I have paged a GM, was told to submit a bug report. Have submitted the bug report, and have been told a work around to this would be to disband our guild, and reform it, then form the alliance. That's a bit stringent .. it's a major hassle to get all of the guild members invited back to the guild, do the guild promotions, guild titles, etc. There has to be some sort of real fix for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the exact sasme problem and theres no way on earth its possible to disban and reform guild!!

I

Ivan - MT

Then maybe some of us should keep this topic ongoing in hopes of it getting some possible attention from the Dev's.

Dropping a near 200 member guild and trying to get all of them back in is no easy task and shouldn't even have to come to this. A Dev reply would be nice.

K

Kith Kanan

that page has been [censored] up updating wise for years , guilds , toons and what ever

G

Disbanding a guild is NOT a work around! When I reported it to a GM I got this lovely response.

"Greetings! This issue will require further investigation. As such, please report this to our Quality Assurance team via uo.com/mailBug.html or email [email protected] and submit a detailed report about your experience. This will include what you experienced, when, where, and under what circumstances. The information you submit will then be researched. However, please understand that no further correspondence will be sent to you.
Unfortunately, lost or stolen items cannot be replaced by GMs nor the QA team. Thank you again and take care."

This is a nice polite brush off. We will not talk to you again about it. Also notice the second to last line. "Unfortunately, lost or stolen items cannot be replaced by GMs nor the QA team. "

No where in my "help" request did I even remotely suggest that anything was lost or stolen.

Why is it that silly things like somebody having a better pvp template or better pvp tactics (pet ball) gets pages and pages of attention and "fixed" in record time? Shouldn't a broken game mechanic like the guild alliance get more attention than a nerf?

*takes meds and heads to bed*

G

I'd say this issue needs to be addressed.

There has to be something that can be done other than making players disband their guilds. That's not really an option for many, and also the ability to preserve the history of past guild members would also be lost, as mentioned earlier.

I would like to see at least another acknowledgement of this issue and hopefully an ETA on a fix. I'm sure many would be happy to help test it out on Test Center.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd say this issue needs to be addressed.

There has to be something that can be done other than making players disband their guilds. That's not really an option for many, and also the ability to preserve the history of past guild members would also be lost, as mentioned earlier.

I would like to see at least another acknowledgement of this issue and hopefully an ETA on a fix. I'm sure many would be happy to help test it out on Test Center.

[/ QUOTE ]
I so agree with you that this issue needs to be addressed and acknowledged.

I

imported_Yalp

Moving back to the front of the list ..
* crossing fingers devs see and fix *

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

Ivan - MT

Week 3 and still no reply or comment from a Dev. come on folks.

I

imported_Yalp

bump~!

So U.Hall is now like paging a GM in game...we are number 11 in the help que..

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

G

I find it ironic that when I do a diplomacy search for guilds awaiting action it is my guild name that returns. We are still all awaiting action here, are we not?

I

imported_Yalp

wish we could say we are waiting help.. there's no indication that anyone at UO is even looking into the problem let alone finding a solution other than disbanding and reforming the entire guild.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

This bug has been there for ages. The only solutions I know are to join another alliance or reform your guild. Maybe make a dummy guild, ally with it, then abolish the new alliance and new guild.

You haven't really lived until your alliance gets totally broken. I think that happens when there is a request for alliance that the alliance leader cancels then puts out a new offer to another guild. The result is that the guild that is alliance leader sort of breaks from the alliance. They become blue to other guilds in the allance, can hear alliance talk but can't respond. Luckly when that happens it goes away at server reset and all is back to normal.

I

imported_Yalp

Not quite the problem we have.. which has been on going for months.
Can't ally with anyone else.. says we have an offer pending.. which isn't at all the case.. says we are allied with someone else.. which isn't the case.. no alliance chat, no alliance listing in our guild tab.. even though we would like to form an alliance.. which affects several guilds.. we can't..

and customer service is well.. *self censored*

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

Ivan - MT

"I find it ironic that when I do a diplomacy search for guilds awaiting action it is my guild name that returns. We are still all awaiting action here, are we not?"

Yes Sara....we're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I

imported_WildStar

<blockquote><hr>

How about this as a Five on Friday question?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name"

Found this in the update on TC1 thread. Perhaps it is being looked at now.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

I

imported_Yalp

Bumped to front... week 4 and * crickets fill the silence*..... still waiting for some help.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

Ivan - MT

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How about this as a Five on Friday question?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name"

Found this in the update on TC1 thread. Perhaps it is being looked at now.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that fix didn't help our problem at all. Still waiting for a response from a Developer on this subject. *kicks back*

G

As this is still an issue, perhaps it could be considered for FoF?

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

I'd say it should be a FoF right along side KR patching!

Fix my guild please Mr. Dev?

People asking if our GM is online is driving me nuts when I hit luna bank. I may start using the Fell Minoc bank just for some peace!

*wink*

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

The problem of guilds not leaving an alliance on the my.uo page has been around for ages. There is also a problem with an alliance getting broken (a real mess) the alliance heals itself the next server up. I think it is caused by having an alliance request out, dropping it, and trying to add another guild immediately.

The problem with my.uo will get fixed if the guild joins another alliance or disolves.

You can prevent the breaking by waiting til next server up before trying to add a new guild after removing an alliance request.

G

Our guild still can not form an alliance. In the diplomacy search, guilds awaiting action, it is our guild name that still returns .. Going on months now.