• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed Guild/Alliance forums

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have an idea of a forum where full guilds and allied can join, invited obviously by an admin to the forum, Here members can post ideas, ways of fighting, templates and even link some of the thread from other forums for example, for a detailed list on how to do the Shadowguard encounters... etc...
Hope you get my drift of what I got in mind, I dont know if it has been implemeneted but it could be a cool tool for newer members in guilds to catch up quickly and read certain helpful threads instead of having to dig them all out.

I await for responses, and thanks for the time

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have an idea of a forum where full guilds and allied can join, invited obviously by an admin to the forum, Here members can post ideas, ways of fighting, templates and even link some of the thread from other forums for example, for a detailed list on how to do the Shadowguard encounters... etc...
Hope you get my drift of what I got in mind, I dont know if it has been implemeneted but it could be a cool tool for newer members in guilds to catch up quickly and read certain helpful threads instead of having to dig them all out.

I await for responses, and thanks for the time
We already have an option like this! Look up at the options across the top of the page for "Guilds". If you hover over it you can see several options, including "Add New Guild". The guild/groups plugin includes its own forum as well as events and calendar options. Check it out! :)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
We already have an option like this! Look up at the options across the top of the page for "Guilds". If you hover over it you can see several options, including "Add New Guild". The guild/groups plugin includes its own forum as well as events and calendar options. Check it out! :)
I will check it out and see, got a few questions before hand if you can answer them,
Is it public to all what we post and have on the media page?
Or if we make for example a thread with a time table for group hunting, only members of that guild/alliance can see? ( We wouldn't want people raiding us now would we...:p)
Is there an option to exclude, add and make different roles for people?

Thanks for your time

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will check it out and see, got a few questions before hand if you can answer them,
Is it public to all what we post and have on the media page?
Or if we make for example a thread with a time table for group hunting, only members of that guild/alliance can see? ( We wouldn't want people raiding us now would we...:p)
Is there an option to exclude, add and make different roles for people?

Thanks for your time
You can set it to public, to viewable, or to private. You can also make membership invite-only, so only those you invite can see and post.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The Guilds add-on is, I think, the most under-utilized feature of Stratics forums. Although it's a commercial plugin, Stratics development requirements were at the heart of the plugin's development. It allows many basic features a guild would need, including different walls for admins, mods, and users (to separate leadership conversations from guild members). The problem is, it's just not very intuitive. Like, at all. I can barely navigate it, and I installed it. Maybe a video tutorial is in order.

Senior staffers, if you're no longer receiving add-on updates, it's made by Nobita. He releases updates frequently (like, weekly? for tiny bug fixes...it's annoying). Nobita Community