• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guess who's back...back again? Oblivion's back...tell your friends...

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Been a long time, friends and foes. Brief introduction for those who don't remember me, new to Stratics or UO, or who have never heard of me - I am Oblivion the "infamous collector" and legendary thief. Some love me, a lot hate me - either way - i'm back to have some fun! :D

I'll start off by making this short and sweet. Thieves need some love. In the coming month(s), keep a look out on how I plan to help bring some fun and life back to the thief profession!

Full disclosure: If you didn't read between the lines - I am a thief. ;)

Some of those who know me might have certain predispositions based on events that have happened in the past. Some people don't truly know the full stories or have made assumptions the are false. Given that Stratics has come up with the UNLEASHED forum - what better way to clear the air. I'll be creating a post there after this for those who really care enough and want to have a little "chat" about anything pertaining to my history. (I.E - everyone "thinks" they know what happened at one of the rare fests...little do they know) - happy to be open and honest if you can deal with the truth. (See link below)

I will also state that my upcoming involvements or affiliation in any events will be controlled in such a way to prevent any perceived harm to the player base. I am actually doing this to help build community and some fun to a dying profession that I believe has awesome potential and fun if implemented correctly. I will actually be "giving" back a lot that I have earned...because why not?

More to come.

-Oblivion

Last edited:

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Call Popps. He says he likes a good thief and you two can break bread. Blah, blah blah...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That dude still around? Isn't he notorious for having epic long posts? He's fun. :)
He's still around on the official forums, but not so much here anymore. The posts have gotten longer if you can believe it...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Dusts off an old chest, opens it up and removes an old leather bound book. Flips Through it. Oblivion is on the spine written in some rather odd lettering*

Thieves can be a fun adventuresome character and play style. I have known many of the best and their stories are bar none hilarious, well thought out, and engaging. The wisdom of their game mechanics and Role Play chatter fascinating.

Conning people , lying, and pretending to be in guilds to hurt other players in the community is not playing a thief. It is playing the part of a bully and conman.

I have no respect for that. Your legacy in no way brings prestige to those who call themselves a thief. Sorry.

*with his hand over the book and and a stamp of his staff he utters the words or power*

Dispiro Malas

*tosses the book unceremoniously back in the chest and kicks it shut*

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
*Dusts off an old chest, opens it up and removes an old leather bound book. Flips Through it. Oblivion is on the spine written in some rather odd lettering*

Thieves can be a fun adventuresome character and play style. I have known many of the best and their stories are bar none hilarious, well thought out, and engaging. The wisdom of their game mechanics and Role Play chatter fascinating.

Conning people , lying, and pretending to be in guilds to hurt other players in the community is not playing a thief. It is playing the part of a bully and conman.

I have no respect for that. Your legacy in no way brings prestige to those who call themselves a thief. Sorry.

*with his hand over the book and and a stamp of his staff he utters the words or power*

Dispiro Malas

*tosses the book unceremoniously back in the chest and kicks it shut*
Meh. Still the same old Nabin. Always good to have a nemesis with mediocre RP comments.

You can have your opinions about the "definition of the thief" - but at the end of the day - you're certainly not the gate keeper nor the pinnacle of who or how someone plays a thief.

You may consider me a con man, liar, or whatever you may please. I consider myself a thief and use tactics and mechanics to achieve my marks. Never has one of my steals ever used illegal mechanics. People may frown upon the fact that, I've used social engineering similar to how others may try to hit their mark - but fact of the matter is that people use those tactics every day to steal, in game and out of it.

But let me be abundantly clear, you may think my motive is to intentionally hurt people....when it's not. How could you have any idea of my motive - you're not me. :)

My motive is to enjoying stealing from my marks in a game that passes time. That's my definition of a thief.

Any of my steals could have been prevented if people took the proper precautions. For the years that I was able to lure people to Felucca and they willing uninsure items - I taught them a valuable lesson. For those that let me into a guild unknowingly, they put in mechanics to check for thieves and have been thankful. If people are naïve - sometimes they just learn the hard way.

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg, here too. You have many attributes that are not stinky. Why you continue to parade the stinky ones is beyond me. So anyone who thinks this dude/dudette is your friend or even a worthwhile enemy. Think again. He/she is just a plain old everyday UO scammer who thinks he/she is the best thief ever. No. The best one left a long time ago.

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Omg, here too. You have many attributes that are not stinky. Why you continue to parade the stinky ones is beyond me. So anyone who thinks this dude/dudette is your friend or even a worthwhile enemy. Think again. He/she is just a plain old everyday UO scammer who thinks he/she is the best thief ever. No. The best one left a long time ago.
Your opinion - which has no value whatsoever. :)

And I’m pretty damn good thief. I may think I’m the best. Others may agree or disagree. I personally don’t care that much. I enjoy it much more how worked up people get in a game. ;)

The reactions fuel me even more. People can make their own determination and get involved or not. Yet again, I’m enjoying myself, and if people find enjoyment with what I have planned - then all the better.

Hey - if people don’t want a chance at free gold from all the things I stole over time - your own loss. I’ve planned all these things as risk free - but everyone should always exercise caution with anything in life. Not like I force anyone to do anything. :)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love me a good, old-school thief. I am not one and never played one but imo they definitely add much needed fun and excitement to the game. Like it or not, some of the most valuable lessons are learned the hard way.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have great memories of Hank the thief on Chessy many, many years ago. You could always find him at Bucs Den in fel.

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
All amateurs. The best keep their business on the down low.
But if a thief steal something, and no one knows about it, does anyone really care? :) Well maybe just the thief....but that's not nearly as fun.

Nothing to keep quiet here - I actually want people to know about my plans - because it will be fun. :D

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This dude really hyping himself up.

- elster (AKA UO legend, most infamous badass player to grace sosaria, the greatest dude to ever walk the earth, shoutout to my haterz)
P.S. I'll start a thread where you can all ask me questions to further stroke my ego