• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Guardian KX looks in and Rants

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
This post is made out of reading people talking about pets and tamers, sooo....

I love people that relied totally on that pet calculator thingy. I could sell a super awesome looking pet to someone for top dollar knowing its hidden skill factors were so low that the thing could barely hit anything or even defend itself.
As a reminder to you that don't know what I'm talking about, There (based on my findings) are at least 8 or more skills that higher leveled pets have that you don't have access to. These are added to the total skill points of the barding total score (which maxs out to the common eye of 160 points, but yes it goes higher.) Me talking about those values right now even makes me want to shut up, being the best tamer means that some things have to remain my magical knowledge, but sometimes I have to let a few tidbits out.
I have never shy'd to the fact that it was my opinion that I was, and based on the way people talk on forums, "One" of the best tamer on Siege Perilous. I was Krews and Guardian KX and many other well known tamers. I was cocky and would take on the tamer first in any fight. I had to defend myself 1000's of times that I was the skill base in fights and not the pet. Hell anyone can tow a dragon around and say all kill, but I, and my pets, held the upper ground based on my personal ability and the pets abilities (that I picked, and trained, and used).
Being a tamer is easy, being a good tamer that actually cares about your pets is extremely hard.
When you tame a pet up to what you think is max, then you have to watch its barding score. Youd most likely think since all skills are maxed out that what you have now is a pet that's done... Its Not. The longer it stays at max and doesn't die, the longer you keep using it to kill reasonable difficult foe, and the longer you own it the MORE powerful it becomes. If you remember to write down its barding difficulty when you hit its max seen point value, then the more you continue to use it, the more the value will increase .1 at a time. It not dying, being used occasionally, and longer ownership slowly increase these values.
I have sold very few REALLY GOOD PETS in the past. Those people that bought these pets KNOW of there power, and after a good tongue trashing, usually only take them out to make easy money or want to kill something fast, then there put away again.
I'm still not playing or planning a comeback. Regardless of the still long-term hate that Diablo receives, and I now as well feel about him I have to say this... That Boy Listened. I taught him a huge factor of my tamer knowledge and he soaked it up. If I ever had a pet to sell he was usually first in line to buy it. Usually I sold it to someone else. When the Dreadmare came out he surpassed my knowledge when he added PvP Mage to the mix.

Anyway im done for now, this rant was based on the tamer calculator and nothing else. Its a good base tool but lousy for true long term pets.

Peace to you all except the overlords that rule these pages and don't allow free speech.

Long Live Siege P.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What did you do ? Plug your pets tail into your hair braid and become one with it to learn these secret skills that no one else knew about ? Maybe it's the "Quickening" in the animal kingdom. Either way, my gosh you're just awesome....wow. Feel free to come back in another 6 months and gloss yourself as the greatest "something else" ever witnessed . I look forward to reading that one too.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vic that little pony looks surprisingly well trained, please tell us your secret...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know you, and take what you say with that proverbial grain... I do wish you well in your travels, tho.... :cool:

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Guardian KX I remember you.
I liked you and wish you would come back...
Don't HATE, just come back.
It is beyond me why letting a few tidbits about true taming is labeled as hate.
Look at Garthgreys resulting posts and label that hate, or envie or whatever.
I left UO again based on a few things... Friends that stabbed me in the back, Friends that gave up trust based not on actions to them but the people that you knew (lost access to tons of houses when Sprago knived my back after doing 50+ hours of sorting 10000+ BODs for him and making him 100's of runics), Dealing with the same old drama in game (TRU/Diablo/Blah and Blah), Dealing with the constant house hording of the GIL guild, Trying my best to get new people here and having them strangled out of existence by the same PKs over and over again (but this is Siege after all and part of what i love about it, but normal Barneyland sharders couldnt accept re-arming and no insurance, and only one insured item was beyond thier scope of understanding)(add to the fact that a few barneyland losers only thrived on running naked tamers and giving counts to people for idiotic reasons), then the token issue that dropped prices in the crapper and instant assinine tamers and mages with high skills, and lets not forget a company that has given up on a game that we're continually paying for.
Those are my opinions, not hate. Loved then game 6 years ago when Luna was a continual hot spot. People move on, new games, less drama... Whatever.

Peace to you all and Long Live Siege P.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"(lost access to tons of houses when Sprago knived my back after doing 50+ hours of sorting 10000+ BODs for him and making him 100's of runics)"

Guardian KX, you were payed for doing those bods. I was the one that struck a deal with you for sorting them. I gave you exactly what you asked for in payment. You got 1/2 of everything produced, you were able to pick the exact rewards you wanted. We supplied all the bods and materials. We even payed for the bribes you made to the npc's. You were also allowed to sell overstock of bods off , although not much you kept profits. So don't act like you were ripped off.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
so.. you sold people pets that were not that great for the price of one that was a good one.. that seems a bit unfair. :(

MANSBETH

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sound resentful, that's all.
I enjoyed your vendors and pets.
You were very active, I wish I could participate more.
I don't want you to misunderstand me....It was just a joke.
Siege would welcome you back!
Who ended up with your accounts?

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I still use some of your pets from your stall. And your vendors are surely missed, lot of work went into them and that is respectful.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I disagree with your assessment of the actual happenings. Bottom line is you discarded me like trash for the guild I was in.
Yes I made a few gold for selling trash bods at 100 in a book (you told me I could), no I didn't get 1/2 the rewards (I kept maybe 5 or 6 runics, spined at that for imbueing). Yes you provided the resources and the gold for upgrading the BoDs, but forget the long boring HOURS of work I did for you. I never kept or stole one item from you, I never treated you with disrespect or unfairness or even attacked you in guild fights (tho yes I tried a few times with Sprago AFTER you kicked me to the curb, but never one on one, just in faction fights that we were SUPPOSED to do as part of normal gameplay).
My loyalty and friendship to you was open, caring, and beyond a guild tag. But to you I was as much use to you after all the work I did as a used piece of toilet paper. You never informed me of ANYTHING, you just removed me totally from every house and then ignored my questions as to WHY.
Your open disregard and backstabbing actions were manipulated with the skill of a Romulan. The tea was lovely, good day lady's.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I have made a lot of enemies on siege. So many that I can count my remaining friends on the shard on one hand.. How many alts does cybernickel have? XD

Back on topic.. You (op) seem to want to chase off your remaining friends even while you no longer play.

Wow.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This post is made out of reading people talking about pets and tamers, sooo....

I love people that relied totally on that pet calculator thingy. I could sell a super awesome looking pet to someone for top dollar knowing its hidden skill factors were so low that the thing could barely hit anything or even defend itself.
As a reminder to you that don't know what I'm talking about, There (based on my findings) are at least 8 or more skills that higher leveled pets have that you don't have access to. These are added to the total skill points of the barding total score (which maxs out to the common eye of 160 points, but yes it goes higher.) Me talking about those values right now even makes me want to shut up, being the best tamer means that some things have to remain my magical knowledge, but sometimes I have to let a few tidbits out.
I have never shy'd to the fact that it was my opinion that I was, and based on the way people talk on forums, "One" of the best tamer on Siege Perilous. I was Krews and Guardian KX and many other well known tamers. I was cocky and would take on the tamer first in any fight. I had to defend myself 1000's of times that I was the skill base in fights and not the pet. Hell anyone can tow a dragon around and say all kill, but I, and my pets, held the upper ground based on my personal ability and the pets abilities (that I picked, and trained, and used).
Being a tamer is easy, being a good tamer that actually cares about your pets is extremely hard.
When you tame a pet up to what you think is max, then you have to watch its barding score. Youd most likely think since all skills are maxed out that what you have now is a pet that's done... Its Not. The longer it stays at max and doesn't die, the longer you keep using it to kill reasonable difficult foe, and the longer you own it the MORE powerful it becomes. If you remember to write down its barding difficulty when you hit its max seen point value, then the more you continue to use it, the more the value will increase .1 at a time. It not dying, being used occasionally, and longer ownership slowly increase these values.
I have sold very few REALLY GOOD PETS in the past. Those people that bought these pets KNOW of there power, and after a good tongue trashing, usually only take them out to make easy money or want to kill something fast, then there put away again.
I'm still not playing or planning a comeback. Regardless of the still long-term hate that Diablo receives, and I now as well feel about him I have to say this... That Boy Listened. I taught him a huge factor of my tamer knowledge and he soaked it up. If I ever had a pet to sell he was usually first in line to buy it. Usually I sold it to someone else. When the Dreadmare came out he surpassed my knowledge when he added PvP Mage to the mix.

Anyway im done for now, this rant was based on the tamer calculator and nothing else. Its a good base tool but lousy for true long term pets.

Peace to you all except the overlords that rule these pages and don't allow free speech.

Long Live Siege P.
Please... go on.