• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guard whacked training mares?

• Thread starter Warlord Zsinj
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Warlord Zsinj

So I was in Tram brit tonight training my two mares and I am guilded, I was training for about an hour as soon as I said all stop I was guard whacked along with one of my mares, this has never happend to me before is this a new bug?

S

Sarphus

Sounds like a bug with the recently changed pet notoriety code. This pub supposedly has a fix for a flagging issue that caused pets to go grey, which would cause their owners to go grey by healing their pets (unless you commanded your pet to reflag it to match your flag)

I'm assuming the notoriety code in UO is a circus, so it's probably really easy to screw a lot of stuff up by tweaking it.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you were training them without any chance of harm to them or you isnt that againt some rules :gun:

SOrry just getting a dig in, There were a few canges made so pets wont flag and get killed in guard zones, looks like htere are a few isssues with pets after the last PuB.

W

Warlord Zsinj

I am not sure if that is against the rules but i did have to keep healing both of them until they ran out of mana then all they keep doing is poisoning each other but then they cure themselves so I think since they do harm each other then it should be ok

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was in Tram brit tonight training my two mares and I am guilded, I was training for about an hour as soon as I said all stop I was guard whacked along with one of my mares, this has never happend to me before is this a new bug?
It's not a bug and it isn't new.

If you're training and a pet turns blue, or both do, then it's a criminal act to attack them. Hence why you need to tell them to guard before they fight.

What happens when you try to stop 2 mares fighting (or any casters) is sometimes a spell lands after you tell them to stop. Outside guardzones you can try breaking fights up quite a few times before it works.

So what probably happened was the stray spell landed on your blue pet after you said stop, which got the pet whacked and you as its controller.

Best solution is to not pet train inside towns, it's also annoying as heck to listen to 2 mares fighting so it's more considerate to others if you do.

You can also mount a mare to stop the fight, but don't count on the pet you mounted not dropping a spell if you then dismount. I've done that when I accidentally target a pet with a kill command when hunting, sometimes they've gone at it again :D

Do you have a macro that says "all stop" then "all follow" by any chance? I'm sure that's how my younger tamer got herself and a kitsune killed during a brief spar lol. I think when she just said stop about 10 times and waited to be sure they stopped, it was ok. But it's much safer to train outside town. Better still, if their skills are up a bit - just hunt with them. Mobs don't call guards ;)

Wenchy