• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

grobu fur

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gave in 66 as a stack and got a 100 point ticket, i dunno why it would even accept it if its only going to give me 100 points thats just dumb, for ophidian rations this isn't a problem

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Publish 53 Notes and Known Issues

Jeremy Dalberg 10 Jun 2008 12:01:49

Just a few notes, corrections, and known issues on Publish 53:

- Grobu Furs MUST be separated to get the correct items when turning them in - turning in a stack will only count as one turn-in. We're working on a fix for this, but for the moment, just break up the stack and turn them in one at a time.

- The Vanguard Chaos Shield and Obsidian Blade need to be turned in to Onoe the Soldier, not Yonns the Collector.

- On Siege Perilous, Yonns the Collector is hanging out with the other turn-in NPCs in Luna"

Sorry for your loss...:(

F

Fayled Dhreams

http://www.uoherald.com/news/
Publish 53 Notes and Known Issues
Jeremy Dalberg
10 Jun 2008 12:01:49
Just a few notes, corrections, and known issues on Publish 53:

- Grobu Furs MUST be separated to get the correct items when turning them in - turning in a stack will only count as one turn-in. We're working on a fix for this, but for the moment, just break up the stack and turn them in one at a time.

- The Vanguard Chaos Shield and Obsidian Blade need to be turned in to Onoe the Soldier, not Yonns the Collector.

- On Siege Perilous, Yonns the Collector is hanging out with the other turn-in NPCs in Luna

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too late, too late. I was also having doubt, so I first turned in a 10, then I cursed and was reminded of again the sad state of UO. You thought the devs would've coded it properly somehow like the rations, but NO!!!

speechless. everything is so broken and hopeless, I wonder why they bother doing the town meeting.

K

Kiminality

Yeah, they should just wave their magical "fix all bugs" wand, and make everything right!

F

Fayled Dhreams

too late, too late. I was also having doubt, so I first turned in a 10, then I cursed and was reminded of again the sad state of UO. You thought the devs would've coded it properly somehow like the rations, but NO!!!

speechless. everything is so broken and hopeless, I wonder why they bother doing the town meeting.
sorry ... but ..."having doubt" .... should have turned in just 2
(minimize loss, maximize return)

J

Joyous2K

Yeah, they should just wave their magical "fix all bugs" wand, and make everything right!
Instead of magically waving the wand... just test the code that they plan on implementing.

So, for example, if I was adding code to handle the turn ins of an item. I would test to see how that item responds to being turned in. No wands there. I would just test that one item and see if the desired outcome was achieved. If I added 50 items to be turned, I would test them all. If some of those items could stack, I would test to see what happens if I tried to submit a stack.

Here is what I wouldn't do... I wouldn't willy nilly write spaghetti code and put it on something called TEST and wait for Stratics.

But, yeah, par for the course. They might have done it intentionally to screw over the Johnny COme Latelys. Although it would take some time to acquire furs to be of any significant worth.

Sprry for your loss. 66 is not that many though. It is 660 points.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead of magically waving the wand... just test the code that they plan on implementing.

So, for example, if I was adding code to handle the turn ins of an item. I would test to see how that item responds to being turned in. No wands there. I would just test that one item and see if the desired outcome was achieved. If I added 50 items to be turned, I would test them all. If some of those items could stack, I would test to see what happens if I tried to submit a stack.

Here is what I wouldn't do... I wouldn't willy nilly write spaghetti code and put it on something called TEST and wait for Stratics.

But, yeah, par for the course. They might have done it intentionally to screw over the Johnny COme Latelys. Although it would take some time to acquire furs to be of any significant worth.

Sprry for your loss. 66 is not that many though. It is 660 points.
Gasp! You mean use real Test Cases like any normal software development company? Surely you jest.

And your math is poor.

66 Grobu Fur is 6,600 points not 660.