• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grizzled Mare Fix?

K

Kyle

Wasnt this last patch going to fix the [summoned] tage on these so they don't get dispelled? I just took a look at mine and still has tag! :cursing:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the fix will only work for new pets, the ones which were around before the fix aren't fixed yet. I'm sure Jeremy mentioned that they were still working on a fix for the older ones, so it's probably a good idea to just store your mare in the meantime and see what happens.

Wenchy

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I don't know if there is a fix being worked on for the older ones. :(

I remember reading that in order to fix the older ones, it would be pretty risky. I had an idea that I posted on UOForums about this. Basically, have an NPC that will trade your already summoned rare mount for a new one. There could be a targeting cursor like for stabling for you to select the old (summoned) mount, and upon trading it in, a new mount of the same kind would appear in your backpack.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Wasnt this last patch going to fix the [summoned] tage on these so they don't get dispelled? I just took a look at mine and still has tag! :cursing:
They fixed it so it cannot be dispelled, but they were not able to go in and remove the (summoned) tag. So those of us that have these older mounts will just have to live with that tag.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They fixed it so it cannot be dispelled, but they were not able to go in and remove the (summoned) tag. So those of us that have these older mounts will just have to live with that tag.
I don´t think thats correct tbh.
This is what Jeremy wrote on uoherald:

"Despite the patch notes, my Paroxymus Swamp Dragon still claims to be "summoned." What's up?"

Ah, yes - important clarification needed here, and I'm sorry it didn't make it in the notes. The change only works on creatures created since the patch - it's not a retroactive fix. (An attempt at a retroactive fix would be quite risky - there's no good way to do it.) Sorry about the confusion!

I would say this means that prepatch mounts can still be dispelled. "The change only works on creatures created since the patch". So no change for prepatch creatures. I might be wrong though....

I would actually be interested in further clarification.

Hephaistos of Europa

R

Revenant2

"Despite the patch notes, my Paroxymus Swamp Dragon still claims to be "summoned." What's up?"

Ah, yes - important clarification needed here, and I'm sorry it didn't make it in the notes. The change only works on creatures created since the patch - it's not a retroactive fix. (An attempt at a retroactive fix would be quite risky - there's no good way to do it.) Sorry about the confusion!

I would say this means that prepatch mounts can still be dispelled. "The change only works on creatures created since the patch". So no change for prepatch creatures. I might be wrong though....

Hephaistos of Europa

I saw that, and it's really half-assed, they should allow us to trade in our existing summons for a fixed one. It's not fair that a fixed one exists and there's no means in place to let us trade in our old ones.

I'll guess there's no way theyd actually allow us to utilize the in-game customer service *cough* to do this. Have people with paroxy swamipes and grizzled mares page a gm, and the gm would come delete the old swampy and pass the person a brand new statuette.

T

Tazar

Hephaistos of Europa

What I'd like to know is at what point is it considered prepatch? Is it when the statue of the mount is created on the dead peerless? or is it when you double click that statue and claim the mount? I have several statues stashed away that I have never used due to the bug. I'd love to know if they are safe to use.

Has anyone used a prepatch statue since the new publish? If so, did it have the summoning tag still?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have some prepatched statues I didn't want to use due to the bug. I might break one out and see, if so I will update.

I also think they should allow people who have the prepatched mounts to page a GM and change it out for one that can't be dispelled since those poor people can still lose theirs. I don't see how it would be hard for a GM to take the pet and give them a new one that doesn't have the summoned tag and dispel fault.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify on this, it is only new mounts that are effected. The bugfix was not retroactive, so any mounts prepatch can still be dispelled unfortunately.

However, if you are careful of where you take them and insta log if you die the chances of losing them are slim.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I don't know if there is a fix being worked on for the older ones. :(

I remember reading that in order to fix the older ones, it would be pretty risky. I had an idea that I posted on UOForums about this. Basically, have an NPC that will trade your already summoned rare mount for a new one. There could be a targeting cursor like for stabling for you to select the old (summoned) mount, and upon trading it in, a new mount of the same kind would appear in your backpack.
That is a good way to handle it. I know another online game that sometimes handled similar things that way.