• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GRI Turns 23

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today marks the beginning of the 23rd year since the Gentle Rest Inn Guild was created. GRI is one of the great old guilds that has existed since the very near beginnings of Catskills and one of the oldest in gaming. Over the years, GRI has taken on many projects and challenges, centered on helping others and enjoying the game. Bringing in and training new players has always been apart of the guild's history. Many notable Catskillians are or have been a GRI member. Originally based off of the peninsula north of Felucca Yew, GRI has moved several times over the years and a sizable mass currently inhabits New Magincia. The Gentle Rest Inn has definitely touched a major part of of many lives of the people fortunate enough to have either joined, allied or went to war with GRI. Through history, GRI has put on some very large and successful player run events, storylines, hunting campaigns and PvP campaigns. It is also relevant to note that GRI has also contended with some of the game's top PvP players and guilds within the game, fighting under the pretense based of fairness, anti-bullying, inclusiveness and the ability to offer complete game content to it's members, allies and those wanting/willing to learn this aspect of UO.

You have been apart of my life since I was in my lower teens and to this day, you continue to teach players the ways of the game which in turn keeps the circle spinning and the game running.

Happy Birthday GRI!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What an incredible milestone. Hard to imagine after all these years. Happy Birthday to all current and former GRI members!

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Today marks the beginning of the 23rd year since the Gentle Rest Inn Guild was created. GRI is one of the great old guilds that has existed since the very near beginnings of Catskills and one of the oldest in gaming. Over the years, GRI has taken on many projects and challenges, centered on helping others and enjoying the game. Bringing in and training new players has always been apart of the guild's history. Many notable Catskillians are or have been a GRI member. Originally based off of the peninsula north of Felucca Yew, GRI has moved several times over the years and a sizable mass currently inhabits New Magincia. The Gentle Rest Inn has definitely touched a major part of of many lives of the people fortunate enough to have either joined, allied or went to war with GRI. Through history, GRI has put on some very large and successful player run events, storylines, hunting campaigns and PvP campaigns. It is also relevant to note that GRI has also contended with some of the game's top PvP players and guilds within the game, fighting under the pretense based of fairness, anti-bullying, inclusiveness and the ability to offer complete game content to it's members, allies and those wanting/willing to learn this aspect of UO.

You have been apart of my life since I was in my lower teens and to this day, you continue to teach players the ways of the game which in turn keeps the circle spinning and the game running.

Happy Birthday GRI!
Miss you @Zuckuss - congrats on the "new" addition to the family and @Nails Warstein is also right.. who would imagine it's been twenty three years? Or that a game which has long been overshadowed in technology could maintain such a loyal, persistent and deep connection with its players? Ultima Online has always had one very important edge beyond other games in its genre or outside - it creates community and friendships much deeper than I have ever witnesses in any other gaming environment.

We have played with entire families, we have watched people grow up, grow old and we've been there as our friends have weathered the challenges of life and the joys. We've gained new friends, but we've also shared in the loss of friends. \ We've held weddings, had weddings and we've spoken at memorials - all within a game that is truthfully so much more than just a game.

I just want to say how proud I am to be a part of this amazing community, to know so many of you and to have known so many for the last 23 years. It says a lot about who we are and what Ultima Online is and that is something everyone should be proud of .. from the behind the scenes team to the very newest player.

:heart:

Trip2017

Adventurer
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Zuckuss :)

About our Family... I had no clue that when I moved out of the Rosmar family, creating the Gentle Rest Inn would have this impact.
This circle isn't about one player in particular, even if I can be annoying... my name PI times Radius... aka PitR... means half the circumference of a circle... without YOU, each one of YOU... we aren't a circle, probably we're not even a small fraction of one.

From 1998-2021, each member added their story to our guild. We're the sum of our ideas, our persistence (we call it persistence after we're 50) and our Friendship. Our Friendship has outgrown ultima... and created an impact in RL.

"Friendship also, shares the times when sorrows come our way. To have a dear brother or sister, who really cares makes 'gray days' much less gray." Throughout our gaming... we've shared our good days, our bad days... our victories, our losses... some sorrows, and a lot of positive energy.

I guess today we start a new Season in GRI... Our projects are done, we're led by our wisest member, we have amazing emmys, the members are learning to play uo and we have friends scattered through the shards... some behave, some are still "risk vs reward"... but all are cherished and respected. I guess we've reached maturity... and Peace.

Thank you for everything!

One Circle!

----
Discord, Join the PAX Discord Server!
FB, Facebook Groups

Last edited: