• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings from Old Player

K

Kia

Hey guys, i played UO years ago from its launch up until around the time of BR. i loved this game and the community it had but left due to the crappy 3d graphics they brought in to replace the 2d which i thought was a big mistake, also left due to RL stuff.

Anyway, im looking to come back and just had a few questions,

1) whats the general feeling on KR (downloading now)
2) is there still a large pop on Europa?
3) can you enter other lands with the 2d client if you decide not to use the 3d version, i remember playing when Ilshenar first came out you couldnt go in unless you played in 3d mode. is that still the same?
4) is UO now quest based? i loved the fact that you could do n e thing in this game, i hope its still the same

thats bout it really, sorry if ive asked the same old questions everyone has done before, dwnload is at 10% so see you guys soon hopefully lol.

B

Birdseye

1. Most players i speak to don't bother with KR.
2. Yep, still a crowd, but not as busy as you will remember.
3. No problem getting into any of the lands, as long as you are up to date with the latest Mondains Legacy version.
4. There are quests, and to enter some of the special dungeons, you need to have at least started some of the quests, but it's not difficult, and the rewards can be more han worth it.

5. Welcome back.:thumbup1:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Most players i speak to don't bother with KR.
No one speeks to him so he wouldnt know. Yeah there are quite a few peope play with the KR client

2. Yep, still a crowd, but not as busy as you will remember.
Remeber no one talks to him so any more than 2 on the screen and he thinks its a party

3. No problem getting into any of the lands, as long as you are up to date with the latest Mondains Legacy version.

4. There are quests, and to enter some of the special dungeons, you need to have at least started some of the quests, but it's not difficult, and the rewards can be more han worth it.

5. Welcome back.:thumbup1:
the 3 sound about right though...which i must adimit its unlike him to get 3 in a row.

Welcome back to UO. Many of us are old time players returning after an extended break

B

Birdseye

What did i do to have Winker as a mentor?:sad4:

He loves my in RL.:bowdown::love:

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back Kia, you will find some things have changed but much you loved will still be here too.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) is there still a large pop on Europa?
Since all the other questions have been answered, I'll elaborate a little on this one ;).
Europa is in the top 5 shards, activity-wise. It's still crowded, not like Atl, but there's still usually ~30 people at wbb on an average night. It's not like 9 years ago, but there's still quite a few active people around.
Europa still has a unique community (all the drama!).

Though the gaming style has changed a lot over the years, I'm sure you can have a lot of fun. If you need anything on Europa, like a full spellbook or a LRC suit feel free to PM me.