• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Green Ingots?

G

Depends. Did they ever declare these non illegal?

The thread is here.

I've never seen any for sale because I assume that everyone still thinks they are illegal to own. That and I imagine there aren't too many out there.

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if they were ever officially declared legal, but people have been buying and selling them a lot recently, GMs have been pages, and no action has been taken, so I can only presume they are legal to own and trade, it would probably be a good idea to call a GM before buying any though.

P

phaero

I have a few of these on Atlantic and paged a gm about them. The gm asked me to hand her/him one, went away for a moment, and came back saying he/she had reviewed it with others and they are legal. They have remained locked down in plain veiw through many gm pages without problem.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some locked down in my house for a while on display in my workshop. In that time I got paged on at least a half dozen times, and each time they were deemed legal. Unfortunately since people can't keep their wangs in their pants and like being page-happy I put them back in a secure to gather dust. Plus I didn't want to get banned by that one uninformed, ban-happy GM that doesn't know his job. So, I have to say, is the risk worth displaying this item for people who obviously don't appreciate it for what it is? Not for me, as they would rather try and get me banned for it...

G

Good thing my house is in the middle of nowhere...the nly people who see my house are people who visist every demolished/haunted house in britania.

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're posting a long url like that could you please use url tags mate? <url=http://url.com>Insert Link Text Here</url> (but using square brackets rather than < and >), it'll come out Something Like This

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hemisphere is now my favorite moderator... long urls that make me side-scroll has to be my biggest pet peeve in forum surfing, and if I see it I will leave the thread immediately. If I have moderator powers I will edit it myself ... It just makes my eyes cross in pain, and I can't stand it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have edited it myself Darkholme but I really hate the idea of having my post edited by someone else, it just seems intrusive.

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, I'd ask them to edit it first, I wouldn't just edit someones post without asking them to first... just the fact that it bothers Hemi too makes me happy. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

and the fact that we can't...at least not anymore
but ya scrolling pages make me cry...

but on the bright side my green ingots seem legal yay?
so what would you price em at Hemi

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't know Jynx, I think Kanid was trying to sell them though, ask him how much he paid or how much he's selling for.

kanid99

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paid 250k for one ingot LOL but dont take that as meaning anything informative :) I just thought it was cool and eh, 250k isnt much. No one wanted to buy it tho, so its just a nice deco piece ;-)

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose it's hard to judge accurately at the moment since it only just became legal, but 250k sounds like a bargain to me, I mean there can't be THAT much of it around, not compared to say, coal, which I easily sell for 50k an ingot, and that's a widely sold (And indeed, in the past, duped) rare, that's never been illegal. Of course that's not to say there aren't people out there with thousands of ranger ingots stored away, and there may be. Time will tell.

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a year ago on Atlantic I happened across a vendor that had probably 50 Ranger Green ingots in pairs for sale... I can't remember how much they were selling for, but it wasn't nearly that much. Since then I've seen them maybe twice on vendors. It's likely due to the fact that they were illegal, but I'm curious to see how many come out of the woodwork now...