• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greed Fest?

K

Kristeen

What looked like a greedy group of vendors in a forgotten town of overpriced items masquerades behind the term of
“festival” [unquote] with an EM enabled special gate next to the Luna gate to the imho [more rightfully termed] "greed fest" is very poor EM enactment and further aligns the EM folk/events with the "out for personal gain rares collectors. " thumbs down!

T

Tazar

Considering that the Rare Festival is a UO Event with players from all shards participating, the gate is a good thing as it helps those unfamiliar with the shard find the location of the event easily.

This does not show EM participation in the event. These gates for special player events have been done before and is nothing new.

I will admit that items at these events are for a "special" crowd and not the average player... I'd certainly not spend tons of pixel gold on pixel items...

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they should just make a shard for all these "special" people, that way they can go there sit around and trade stuff constantly, make it the exact opposite of seige(everything is automatically blessed/only town would be luna/no fel/and prices on vendors have to be a minimum of 50mil).you automatically start with GM magery/eval/taming/lore, 125 strength(to carry all your heavy rubble around). :p

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Well, Kristeen…

This is not an every day kind of event. Atlantic may be one of the biggest/populated shards even today, but we haven't had a “Rares Fest” in a very long time. People come from other shards of the game with their highest end good for sale and it's a concentration, an actual event worthy of note. The last one I remember was on Pacific, a few years ago, and it was fun to join in a small group that 1 transferred over, do some shopping, look around, get the goods back on Atlantic. I will agree that some of the items on these vendors are nutzy-koo-koo… but some people may be pricing items on their shards were they are far more rare. It also could be some are scamming by design… thinking people wont know better, but that can happen on any vendor at any time.

:popcorn:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow. Well, Kristeen…

This is not an every day kind of event. Atlantic may be one of the biggest/populated shards even today, but we haven't had a “Rares Fest” in a very long time. People come from other shards of the game with their highest end good for sale and it's a concentration, an actual event worthy of note. The last one I remember was on Pacific, a few years ago, and it was fun to join in a small group that 1 transferred over, do some shopping, look around, get the goods back on Atlantic. I will agree that some of the items on these vendors are nutzy-koo-koo… but some people may be pricing items on their shards were they are far more rare. It also could be some are scamming by design… thinking people wont know better, but that can happen on any vendor at any time.

:popcorn:
the "fest" happens every year, i thnk it may have even happened twice in one year.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What looked like a greedy group of vendors in a forgotten town of overpriced items masquerades behind the term of
“festival” [unquote] with an EM enabled special gate next to the Luna gate to the imho [more rightfully termed] "greed fest" is very poor EM enactment and further aligns the EM folk/events with the "out for personal gain rares collectors. " thumbs down!
for once in there defense, not all the owners want their stuff to be bought, on occasion they price things ******** so you dont buy them, the "fest" is supposed to be about history,displays. but sadly, alot of times it about greed and "hey acknowledge me, my outfit is awesome because of some different letters and colors than yours"!!!!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't look at me. I know it's hard to find goodies that I'm after... like a glowing rune N. Every time I get a lead... it's gone before I can reach it. What I see being imported all the time is gobs of EM made goods from other shards. No interest. To me, if you dont get handed something cool like that, it isn't worth anything. These events may be more for the hard-core collector, but even then you have to watch prices like a halk. Same building can have 2 of the same exact hard to find rare for 5m difference in price.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I applaud the EM's for making a gate to the rares fest area. Along with the gate they put up for the other recent Player event - Red & Purple's giveaway. It shows the EM's actually CARE about community. In the past I held the opinion the only community past EM's cared about was "their in crowd" communtiy. With the current ones we have I think they are genuine when it comes to wanting to see the Atlantic community thrive once again. If they did not care about the community here on Atlantic, when they got the requests they would simply hit the delete button.

Having looked thru the vendors yesterday at the rares fest area, yes there are a couple of vendors that seem to have went sky high on pricing etc. {saw an Origin Jump Rope on one for 10m - 3 vendors down there was one for 750k}

HOWEVER, the staff are taking steps in alterting people of possible problems with a vendor. If you see a RED GOZA mat under any vendor, shop at your own risk. Caveat Emptor is always in effect, not matter where the vendor is :D

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats called inflation in an illusive puffed up economy.

now people who used to control the value of money will start competing for who actually pulls the most true earth wealth out of it...

This is on topic, however I have no opinion on an EM doing what he was asked in order for people to get along...

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Greed Fest?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cracks knuckles-rubs hands together and places fingers on keyboard*

A forgotten town?

The township members at Toad Town have been working since January to put together this community/game wide event. Which might I add is our 3rd Community event in a little over 18 months.

Our Toads interact with the community all year long

We raise the funds ourself for all that is to be given away this coming weekend when the festival actually starts.

What you saw was vendor placement day. Check out the collectors site and do some research on it before you post and uneducated statement

There are 8 houses opened to the public with a ton of things to do and events scheduled this coming weekend

What is on the vendors at this festival is no different then any other vendors anywhere on this or any other shard. People actually attend EM events and sell the goods they died repeatedly to obtain. These items are often one of a kind items and warrant the fee charged to buy it and when you have players crossing shards and bringing together items from all over so others can see whats out there is motivating, interesting and down right fun

What have you actually done thats benefitted someone else lately to keep the game interesting, exciting, goal oriented and alive?

All the EM provided was locked down items for the lawn, which might I add is something that every EM on every shard will offer when your willing to hold a community event

Mesanna will provide a gate to your event and timed staff gear, which she did in this case

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What have you actually done thats benefitted someone else lately to keep the game interesting, exciting, goal oriented and alive?
Thats a little pushing the envelope dear queen, as the official court jester I interject because was this really useful ?

Aren't you taking an attitude towards an obvious troll who is most likely in a guild like *censored* and that the *censored* *censored* *censored*

that *censored*

and you know what I mean...

5% Luck

Its the same thing at any festival. I mean I goto the greek fest and the garlic fest in my locality even though the people selling are a little greedy, the food is still good!