• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greatest template ever.. seriously..

E

eekamouse

It's my Nox-Bard-Treasure-Hunter....

100 cart
100 picking
100 peace
100 provoke
100 music
110 magery
90 poison

Can solo up to level 5's with ease. I use jewelry to bump up peace and provoke to high 110s. The poison is for casting Deadly Poison Field. Just peace em in the field and they die pretty quick while my two earth elementals pound them.

Level 6's are tricky and often I just lead stuff away or get a friend to help.

Anyway, just thought I would share the most messed up (yet still effective) template on the planet.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

It's my Nox-Bard-Treasure-Hunter....

100 cart
100 picking
100 peace
100 provoke
100 music
110 magery
90 poison

Can solo up to level 5's with ease. I use jewelry to bump up peace and provoke to high 110s. The poison is for casting Deadly Poison Field. Just peace em in the field and they die pretty quick while my two earth elementals pound them.

Level 6's are tricky and often I just lead stuff away or get a friend to help.

Anyway, just thought I would share the most messed up (yet still effective) template on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I had my t-hunter, I had no issues with level 6 chests. My t-hunter was a provoker mage. Sometimes killing the AWs were a pain in the arse though.

What I would love to try after these new enhancements to the tamer is a tamer t-hunter.

110 Vet
110 Lore (+5 from talisman) --&gt; Real Lore is 105
110 Taming (+5 from talisman +30 from jewelery) --&gt; Real Taming is 75
110 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography

700 points (20 free points with 720 cap)

You could easily modify this by playing around with the meditation and possibly go 120 taming/lore/vet at the cost of meditation. Using a greater dragon and a lure technique you should be able to power through level 6 chests with ease and anything under that should be a joke also.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, it might be a little more effective than my template, but I beat it in the "messed up" category...

With equipment
120 Swords
109 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
90 Healing
89 Parry
85 Chivalry

(The Tactics special move changes cost me 21 points of Parry &amp; healing, as I had to take off my ToT Arms with +12 tactics, and let my Tactics score go up to 90 real, hence the 109 number - my jewelry set is +20 chiv, +19 Swords, +19 Tactics)

G

120 taming
120 vet
120 lore
100 lp or cart ( switch with stones)
100 magery
100 music
100 area peace (0% chance to fail area peace for any monster)
Also have 100 provo and 100 disco for when I get bored.
My suit has 9 mr straight 60's and 100lrc.

Next to the pally/Sammy...this is the most dangerous template in the game!

On my full trained Cu I use to be able to solo lvl 6's with rare problems. But they changed AW's..so now I have a near max resist greater Drag...if I ever get him trained I will try T-maps again.

Frankly I just got bored of them...I had done so many that for most I didn't even have to compare the map to an archive...I would look at it and say...oh that looks like 84...and I was never more than one or two spots away....and uoa plots did the rest!

I am hoping for 120 lping...maps in Ilsh that spawn paragons for guardians....and some uber loot to shake things up again!

TW

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

100 lp or cart ( switch with stones)

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? You go dig up the chest, (need cart for that right) than you recall to the house and switch to LP?
That would only allow you to do one chest per day ... ???
Or I'll put it the other way: What did I miss?

G

decode 100% of your tattered maps...place them in a chest...stone off cart and stone on Lockpicking....you no longer need cart to dig the map.....you just need it to decode the tattered maps.

Go to site..open map...double click map..double click ground...chest pops..spawn pops...kill everything...pick lock... cast tel... loot....carry on to next map!

When you run out of maps...stone lp off..stone cart on...decode all your new tattered maps...rinse ..repeat!

TW

P

Prudentis

OK, I just thought you needed cart for digging. I think it was the way once?
So I could just keep lock on a stone and put it on my best char (currently my mage/tamer) to dig up the chests ...
will do that

G

cart is only needed to decode tattered maps.....but the key is the same character must dig the map that decoded it....and it must have been tattered when you decoded it.

But Atleast from my memory...it has always been this way...but I could be wrong on that!

TW

Rhomulus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one question as I am a Vet returning the game from a long break. Do you need two stones, one for each skill or will one stone be able to do a "swap"

Let me know.

Thanks!

G

The answer is two stones. Put one skill on the empty stone, take the other skill off the other stone. Stones don't swap.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have one question as I am a Vet returning the game from a long break. Do you need two stones, one for each skill or will one stone be able to do a "swap"

Let me know.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or 1 stone and one frag....or 2 frags...Frags are fairlu cheap on my shard....

I wait till I have a full chest of tattered maps (125) then I decode them all...and start digging...as you can guess this isn't something you do all the time. I have 7 soul stones and I still use frags for this so I don't tie up one soul stone with cart for months at a time!

TW

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I am hoping for 120 lping...maps in Ilsh that spawn paragons for guardians....and some uber loot to shake things up again!

TW

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't ever want to see them raise lockpicking to 120. Templates are hard enough to make without them thinking cart and lockpicking need to be 120.

However, I like the other ideas.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

OK, I just thought you needed cart for digging. I think it was the way once?
So I could just keep lock on a stone and put it on my best char (currently my mage/tamer) to dig up the chests ...
will do that

[/ QUOTE ]

Once upon a time it was that way.

Or possibly it was that you needed cart to decode it and then that character needed to dig it up. It would just give the impression that you needed cart to dig the chest because you still had cart when you dug the chest and a person without cart couldn't dig the chest.

G

To my knowledge you have never needed Cartography to dig a map....

Mining effected your digging Cartography only effected your decoding of the map.

This however was never an issue until Soulstones came out a few years back.

TW