• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Drags skills?

G

Okay, I know I saw this somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. Silly me didn't screen shot my latest drag before taming. I thought there was a formula that would tell you roughly how high they would go in resist, wrestling, and (eval? perhaps) given their tamed skill scores. Can anyone clue me in what this is? Thanks.

G

I think... don't quote me on it though... the formula is post (tamed skill / .73) will give you the pre tamed skill then its (pretamed skill x .9) for max tamed skill.

P

Prudentis

Incorrect.

The skills wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% on first tame and train up to 90% of their pretame values.
Magery just loses the .1 and can't be trained.
So here is the math to determine max values from post tame values for the trainable skills:

os - old stats
ns - new stats
nms - new max stats

ns = os*0.72 (the 28% post-tame reduction)
nms = os*0.9 (the new maximum)
We are looking for the factor x, by which to multiply ns to get nms so:

X*ns = nms (substitute nms and ns with os)

x * os*0.72 = os*0.9
x = os*0.9/os*0.72
x = 0.9/0.72
x = 1.25

So the factor by which you must multiply the new values is 1.25

I

imported_Fran Fury

Oww...You made my head hurt!

It's too early for me and math to meet today.

G

Just divide the post-tame skill by .8 and that will be your cap.

I

imported_revenant2

A straightforward way to know how high your Greater Dragon will go - -

(1) screenshot the skills before you tame it.

(2) in Windows Calculator, multiply these values by 90%. So like, 136.4 wrestling pre-tame equals 122.76, if you did it right. You hit the percent button instead of the equals button to get the figure.

(3) bump the last decimal up by .1. I don't know why this is the case, but anyway.. the Dragon with 136.4 pre-tame wrestling skill should train up to 122.8 post-tame.

Magery, mercifully, automatically pops in at that 90% pre-tame value, and doesn't need to be trained

Anatomy, eval, and med are capped at 100.

Someone was saying that post-tame Magery can go higher than the 90% pre-tame value, but for the life of me I cannot make this happen. I went as far to try discord training and forcing the dragon to completely mana dump (high-end spells) repeatedly, and it wouldn't budge above cap (it took a paragon cu sidhe to withstand that kind of abuse without dropping dead, heh).

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

Incorrect.

The skills wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% on first tame and train up to 90% of their pretame values.
Magery just loses the .1 and can't be trained.
So here is the math to determine max values from post tame values for the trainable skills:

os - old stats
ns - new stats
nms - new max stats

ns = os*0.72 (the 28% post-tame reduction)
nms = os*0.9 (the new maximum)
We are looking for the factor x, by which to multiply ns to get nms so:

X*ns = nms (substitute nms and ns with os)

x * os*0.72 = os*0.9
x = os*0.9/os*0.72
x = 0.9/0.72
x = 1.25

So the factor by which you must multiply the new values is 1.25

[/ QUOTE ]

this is right.

(initial skill post tame) * 1.25

except for magery which is finished already.

Pretty simple, isn't it?

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty simple, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, math rules