• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons should be banned from events, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay before I start I'm going to save alot of you the trouble of insulting me.
Yes, I am a whiny pancake. No, I'm not a tamer hater; I got one myself just not my favorite template to run. Yes, I have quit UO for 30 days I came back today only to decide to make my quit permant and my sister is quiting too.

Okay now I'm gonna break down the math I'm paying for 5 accts, 5 SA upgrades, and a account upgrade so my sis could transfer a house to 5th account. So let's see 12.99 X 5= $64.95. 5 SA upgrades 29.99 X 5 = 149.95
1 account storage increase/7th char slot combo code 29.99.

So 64.95+149.95+29.99= 244.89 ...Does that quailfy me to be allowed to complain just a little?

I pay for this stuff for my sister. She conviced me to give it another whirl today. So we ran around the abyss and the new SA stuff. There was a Event on Legends today so sis though we should go.

It was a net toss and every tamer on the shard had brought a DAMNED GREATER DRAGON!! No one could get a hit on anything. period.

There was at least 20 Greaters there. Several archers, Meleers and other non-tamers complained to the EM Tashik to please do something.

Tashik said he couldn't tell people what template to play. I replied, that I'm not saying tamers can't play but bring another pet like a Cu or Rune Beetle or something.

I was then told by a "Greater Draggy Dragger" to STFU and get a tamer!

I replied to that person "don't shove your play style down my throat!"

Is there a happy medium or basically you have to have a tamer to participate in events. So are events become a Taming skill only club everyone else not welcome? What happened to balance in UO??

Wouldn't be simpler to have the tamer leave the Greater Dragons at home?

Tamers have Cus, Rune beetles, Nightmares, Dread Mares, FireSteeds and bunch of other I can't think of atm. Wouldn't it be simpler for them to bring one of those??

I guess once again I'm the pancake and I'm wrong...And this is why I'm leaving UO.

T

The Fallout

Can I have your stuff?

People quit for the strangest things.....

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fallout anwser me this: Why should I HAVE TO play a tamer with a greater dragon to be able to participate in a event?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fallout anwser me this: Why should I HAVE TO play a tamer with a greater dragon to be able to participate in a event?
That's... actually a decent question. Why do you have to be a sampire in order to fight high end stuff without help? (Yeah... online game... Yeah... I live on a dead shard...)

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree whole-heartedly with everything you mentioned, Jirel of Joiry. you can't see a damn thing with all those dragons around. the sad thing? the tamers actually think they're still playing the game.

to me, if you can just just say 'all guard me' then go out and light a cigarette and come back 20 minutes later, that's not really playing. it's just pathetic.

D

Dragonchilde

I just don't do hunting events, or do events where the monsters are strong enough that a dragon can't take them down in three hits.

I think it was terribly sad when we were doing the invasions and other events and I never got to see the mobs we were fighting for the clot of dragons. Did you know I've never actually SEEN Melisande?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's... actually a decent question. Why do you have to be a sampire in order to fight high end stuff without help? (Yeah... online game... Yeah... I live on a dead shard...)
Tamers and wraith samurais work just as well.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen Mel but unfortunatly she's got this BO problem and her stench poisons my meleer everytime I get close enough to whack her. So it Whack-poisoned-run back-cure-whack again rinse, repeat lol. Sometimes I die too lol.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They wouldn't be as bad if they weren't so damn BIG. They block like half the damn screen.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not true, I brought a ki-rin.
True enough Maps I saw your Ki-rin. Sis had her Cu but switched to her G-draggy. You know me brother, I love my sword and sheild. If I can't bash and crash it its time to move on. It why I started playing UO I loved the sword and shield meleer. Now its seems like it should be renamed Tamers Online instead of Ultima Online....I know thats harsh but its MHO.

Meh I'm just a bitchy old pancake.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True enough Maps I saw your Ki-rin. Sis had her Cu but switched to her G-draggy. You know me brother, I love my sword and sheild. If I can't bash and crash it its time to move on. It why I started playing UO I loved the sword and shield meleer. Now its seems like it should be renamed Tamers Online instead of Ultima Online....I know thats harsh but its MHO.

Meh I'm just a bitchy old pancake.
no, this is certainly true. you can't fight anything nowadays without a dragon to take the damage. whatever happened to the lowly archer who wanted to dart between the attacks as we get off our arrows? forget it.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, this is certainly true. you can't fight anything nowadays without a dragon to take the damage. whatever happened to the lowly archer who wanted to dart between the attacks as we get off our arrows? forget it.
Brother I think they tried to nerf Archers outta exsistence..LOL. I built a Bush-Chiv-Archer that is actually a dencent char. The fun thing is I though the char was a total joke, then I took him to do Rune beetles....OMG!!
He was doing decent damage!!!

I just want to see some balance in UO. My sis says I'm sounding like a UO Obama....:eyes:.....Ummm wth I have no idea what she means.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit the greater dragon graphic to look like a rabbit.

Problem solved?
Omg!! What a great idea.... greater dragon with rabbit graphic = MONTY PYTHON RABBIT!!! ROTFLMAO!!! I love it!

For those that don't know wht I'm talking about, Google Monty Python and The Holy Grail or Spamalot.

T

The Fallout

This whole thread is a whiny cry fest.

ps I rarely take my GD out. It just annoys me to see people complaining for no reason and then crying about their own fault. If you as a dexxer can't get looting rights, that is your own problem you are bad.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This whole thread is a whiny cry fest.

ps I rarely take my GD out. It just annoys me to see people complaining for no reason and then crying about their own fault. If you as a dexxer can't get looting rights, that is your own problem you are bad.
What part of this did you NOT understand:

Yes, I am a whiny pancake.
????

D

Drazasamus

try the stygian dragon jirel... just tried it with my cu... and the dog kept dying in 1-3 hits... mind you i couldn't get 1 heal in before he died each time... i think we did a total of 6 damage outa the ??? the the dragon has

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you really leaving this time? Are is this just your 187th threat to leave?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let me get this straight, you quit for 30 days, did GD come into the game in the last 30 days? Is this the first event you have been too? You tell us don't tell me what kind of toon to play and then you turn around and tell us what kind of toon to play, good job.

And her is the best one of them all, you whine about all the GDs and what does your sister do, gets her GD. LOL

Clean your own house before you come on here and tell us what to do.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[
Are you really leaving this time? Are is this just your 187th threat to leave?
She quit for 30 days, and she came back because I asked her too. Give her time to cool off and she might come back. I've told her I wish to stay.

Ya know I felt bad for sis when she's NICELY asking the EM to do something and this tamer tells her to STFU. I may not always agree with my sister but that person was outta line. Anymore that's how UO is nowadays.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let me get this straight, you quit for 30 days, did GD come into the game in the last 30 days? Is this the first event you have been too? You tell us don't tell me what kind of toon to play and then you turn around and tell us what kind of toon to play, good job.

And her is the best one of them all, you whine about all the GDs and what does your sister do, gets her GD. LOL

Clean your own house before you come on here and tell us what to do.
BACK OFF! She is not my keeper! I do what I wanna do. So don't go busting her ascii code cause I run a tamer w/ Great Dragon. That's my gig. She runs a Paladin-Swordwoman. That's her gig.

S

Serine

My main character is Tamer - But i refuse to use it at events . I really disslike the size of the grester dragons - Normaly i bring a archer and spamm holy light untill i get aggro and auto shoot arrrows .

I would not mind if EM´s would get a mass spell shrinking the GD´s to the size of a Rat or something during hunting events . And the spell would wear of after a recall or something . :thumbup:

G

guum

I don't understand the OP's complaint. Is this a complaint about the physical size of GDs?

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are probably better to quit. A game should be an escape of the stressful activities that you normally have to be a part of. I would never play any game that caused me more stress than my daily have to's.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped attending those events, mostly for those reasons:

1. It is always the same thing: Go there, kill everything.
  2. No matter if you kill things or not, it makes no difference to you or the storyline.
  3. No more souvenirs (rewards), thanks to people who keep whining that they didn't get one, and to those people who sell them for millions in Luna afterwards.
  4. Too many people who don't give a damn about the storyline.
  5. Too many people spamming the screen, so I miss the storyline.
  6. Too many people talking trash.
  7. Too many people spamming the screen with spell macros.
  8. Too many people bringing their Greater Dragons so you can't see anything.
  9. Too many people.

As much as I liked the effort the EMs put into these events, they are now quite repetitive and only attrackt people I usually avoid. I rather stick around with my guild and do things that are fun.

M

mutau

maybe if they have the events fixed so that:

a) it happens more than once;
b) only accessible by EM gates;
c) EM gates tags you as you come through (like when you enter a night club, you hand/wrist is tagged);
d) Once you go in, pets become semi transparent;
e) Once you go in, you're done for that event. You can't go in through the same gate the following nights (limits it to one per char);

probably has some holes in it. Like 7 chars x 4 accounts = a lot of events but then, are all the chars finished and battle ready, probably not.

but just ideas, ROUGH ideas. a whole lot better than just whining tho.

V

Vyal

I just want all the dragons in uo to blow up like in total recall is that to much to ask?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want all the dragons in uo to blow up like in total recall is that to much to ask?
Dude your main character was a archer tamer....so stop with the "all of a sudden I hate dragons crap.."

:thumbdown:

Are is this just your 187th threat to leave?
Actually it is her 287th threat...

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ban pets from events, perdiod.

I'm a tamer, I've always been a tamer, I don't bring my tamer to events.

I don't do events anymore for the very reason the OP mentions.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Why should the tamers HAVE to use something else besides a greater dragon?
Thats your play style not theirs.

Okay now I'm gonna break down the math I'm paying for 5 accts, 5 SA upgrades, and a account upgrade so my sis could transfer a house to 5th account. So let's see 12.99 X 5= $64.95. 5 SA upgrades 29.99 X 5 = 149.95

So 64.95+149.95+29.99= 244.89 ...Does that quailfy me to be allowed to complain just a little?
Everyone is qualified to complain that plays the game no matter if they only spend 12.99 once a month. I have seen your posts many times here if your going to quit then just quit. I cannot say your reason for quitting is stupid because it depends on the player but,
my advice would be to.....Throw your own net?

Yes, I am a whiny pancake. No, I'm not a tamer hater; I got one myself just not my favorite template to run. Yes, I have quit UO for 30 days I came back today only to decide to make my quit permant and my sister is quiting too.
Then why are you complaining at all? You quit and already gave up the argument.
So really your point doesn't matter. Your no longer apart of the game.

My last thing is if one person telling you to STFU and you get like this then Online gaming may not be your thing. Perhaps try Dragon Warrior IV? Or Zelda? Megaman is good too!

S

Serine

Guess GD´s will be around - Only way i see that it could be made fair is by make them smaller at events or make the mobs 2x the size of a GD :wall:

M

mjolnir131

If your getting that emotionally wrapped up over a net toss possibly you do need to quit and work on other personal issues.

J

Jhym

No insults, just ... you are aware that there are more than 10,000 things to do in this game that don't require you to be near greater dragons at events?

I'm quite tired of people complaining about others' playstyles and then demanding that those others go away. My characters are not uber, I have never done a peerless, nor have I gotten upset about it. I do events if I ever HEAR about them, but I don't get bitchy if I can't do much.

The events themselves need to be longer and have more breakouts (to break up the pack into smaller groups to handle specific tasks.) This is partly the EMs not being creative enough and analyzing the people that show up.

A few dozen GDs show up? Then send them in to fight the army of ancient wyrms that want to take over Trinsic. Meanwhile, send the warriors and mages into battle behind the lines with the supporting army of mages and orcs (adding in a few of the creatures that make tames go wild to ensure the GDs stick to their task.)

Even better if the event spans two or three nights so that you can fight in both fronts if you want.

However, back to the OP, I only would be mildly sympathetic if you submitted multiple feedback reports, explaining why you didn't enjoy yourself. Instead, it sounds like you bitched at the EM and then left in a huff.

Yeah, you showed em.

:drool:

A

altarego

Frankly, Dragons of any sort should never have been tamable in the first place. It's just not anywhere, in any Ultima lore, ever. The fact that they have been in UO for years is no excuse; it's just an arbitrary sop to the laziest template around.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a tamer and have a stable full of pets. My favorite is my dragon. Have said that I also hate to go to events and find that all you see there is a cloud of red and gray. I stopped doing events because of many things and the dragon thing was one of them. I don't however think special rules should apply to people that are using tamed pets that are within the rules. One solution is to reduce the size of the dragons leaving their stats intact. It doesnt have to be big to be powerful. Another thing is to have the events in large areas and not inside of buildings or dungeons. Events are not what they used to be anyways.

N

NewThunder

Ban pets from events, perdiod.

I'm a tamer, I've always been a tamer, I don't bring my tamer to events.

I don't do events anymore for the very reason the OP mentions.
All they need to do is sprinkle in a few MOBs that will either turn tames wild of eat thier pets; if Lamer oops I meant tamers knew that there would be mobs that could cause them to lose tames they would bring other chars. Events are not as fun when there are 20 tamers with g dragons, "all kill" wow there is some real skill.

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe more critters should have the dragon control property.

The one that the serpentine Dragon (Used to) have. where if you sent a dragon to kill it, said dragon would go wild in a short period of time.

C

canary

You don't have to. I know lots of players that have successfully done events w/o them.

BTW you and your 'sibling' have an almost identical posting style. Just saying.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

This is where I stopped......nothing to see here...... just another I quit tantrum.

Good....quit... BYE...... no one cares.

I love the I`m taking all my stuff and LEAVING posts. *kid stomps off*
Always funny to me why someone would expect anything but negativity when posting this kind of dribble.:dunce:

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How about.. no?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not comfortable with the idea of allowing players to designate what type of pets, template, etc. their fellow players may use. There just aren't enough smart people in the MMO world for this.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jirel, i've not read these forums for ages, but i'm pretty sure the last time I did there was a thread started by you where you were going to quit because of some housing snafu.

In that thread, alot of people pointed to the fact that you have threatened to quit on more than one occasion.

Now, I presume after the last time you were planning to quit you either didn't do it or quit for a very short period and returned. You have now spent $244 after buying up several upgrade codes and yet once again your going to quit.... Because you didn't enjoy an event????

Chiiiiiilllll out dude :)

A

altarego

I made a suggestion long ago that GD's should go aggro when around other GD's, tamed or otherwise.

In other words:

1 GD by itself = no change
2+ GD's within 10 tiles of each other = increased chance of going wild

...and so on, with an increased chance of going wild when around more and more GD's.

This wouldn't hurt the solo tamer in pvm or even pvp, but it would make them think twice before showing up to an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.