• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons, again!

• Thread starter imported_infiniti
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_infiniti

Could someone please tell me how much a greater dragon can regain in its skills, 97 is what ive been told is required to get 120 wrestle minimum.
Has any who has hit the peak with training able to confirm this?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe 134 is the minium pretame to get 120 wrestling. 108.6+ is what your looking for after it is tamed to get to 120.

U

uomlplayer

thats weird , i justed tamed one before i tamed it i lored it it was at 140 wrestle,after tame it became 100.9....

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate math. Maths wrong on second figure. Still correct on what it needs to be pretamed.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
X / .72 = X *.9 = new cap...

97/.72 = 134.7 wild... * .9 = 121.2 cap.

Hope that helps someone

I

imported_infiniti

Thanks, my new reptile should reach 126 in wrestle and legendary tactics if your correct. =0)

G

Math? zOMG nooooo!!!*

*Note:- Actually I'm profoundly grateful some of you can figure out that formulaic stuff - keep up the good work!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it should be correct if:
1) they lose 28% after tame..
2) they have a cap of 90% of their wild form.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

X / .72 = X *.9 = new cap...

[/ QUOTE ] There is simpler math: X * 1.25 = new cap

G

Did you Beat Down, Peace or Para Tame? Creatures lose more skill after Tame if you do. Why most of us real old vet Tamer/Mages don't do that, we Lead Tame. Only time we ever beat down tame is when it's required to tame it, to subjugate it, like Giant Beetles, Fire Beetles and Giant Ice Worms.

G

Beating down or redlining a critter DOES NOT have any effect on skills pre or post tame.

G

Beating down a pet does no damage to it's stats or skills after taming. It's entirely up to the tamer if they feel it's necessary.

You do suffer an extra (4%?) drop if you tame a para'd critter and I believe peace does that too.

Wenchy

I

imported_infiniti

Peacing/area peacing in particular effects overall skill after tamed, ive not heard that before, if thats true i'm gutted, please say its not!?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I heard, only para taming was inflicting some sort of penalty to post tamed pet's skills.

<blockquote><hr>

Did you Beat Down, Peace or Para Tame? Creatures lose more skill after Tame if you do. Why most of us real old vet Tamer/Mages don't do that, we Lead Tame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lovin' it

G

Well it appears I'm going senile. See I've been on a bit of a break and I think the grey cells are going mushy.

I could've sworn that aside from para taming, there was another way of hitting a 14% skill loss penalty - I'm sure it was peacing. Can I find anything to corroborate this? Can I heck! Must've been wishful thinking lol.

I'm off to spray a squirt of WD40 in each ear and hope that the brain gets going again. If I get much loopier, I'll end up in a shirt with particularly long sleeves....

Wenchy *the Confused*...

I

imported_infiniti

I did the sheep test, one with peace one without, both taking the same dip in stats.
Bad Wenchkin, for your punishment for alarming folk is to get a tier in the moonglow zoo!

K

Kurgan

So going off your math. My dragon should be this after fully training.
The numbers in red should be its cap.

hits 808
stamina 59 / <font color="red">125</font>
mana 611
str 645
dex 65 / <font color="red">125</font>
int 611

wrestling 96.5 / <font color="red">119.5</font>
tactics 91.4 / <font color="red">114.2</font>
resist 95.2 / <font color="red">119</font>
Anat 20.7 / <font color="red">100</font>
Magery 117.9 / <font color="red">147.4</font>
Eval 41.5 / <font color="red">100</font>
Med 67.2 / <font color="red">100</font>

Physical 81%
Fire 77%
Cold 43%
Poison 60%
Energy 67%

3000-3800 Dump it
3801-4800 Keep
4801-5800 OMG!!!!!!
5801-6000+ SWEET!!!!! (I am God Here)

808\.19= 4252

math: X * 1.25 = new cap

I

imported_Yalp

I have to add.. didn't see any difference in peace taming or beating down or lead taming on post tamed stats. Just depends on whether you have a Legendary Peacer with ya, knight of honor or a crew to help beat it down. I will add.. even legendary mages can't seem to para these beasts.. anyone here have any luck paralyzing? Field or individ paralyze?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

G

With the extra 4% deduct for para taming, I wouldn't use that tactic. Use honor or have someone area peace for you. Seems to work great with either. Or get a suit with 70 phys and fire and you can lead tame if yer carefull.
And the only thing that will give the extra 4% is a successfull tame when paralized.
Beat down/redline taming, peace taming, area peace taming, lead taming and honor taming all have the same 10% deduct.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

wrestling 96.5 / 119.5
tactics 91.4 / 114.2
resist 95.2 / 119
Anat 20.7 / 100
Magery 117.9 / 147.4
Eval 41.5 / 100
Med 67.2 / 100

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think your guys 'new math' is correct.
ive maxed out a few dragons now and ive noticed that they skills go back to 20%

so for example.
the dragon that fella there listed above.
you tame it and when ya tamed it it had 96.5 wrestling.
by your math it will train back up to 119.5

but ill bet you it will trian up to 120.6

and also this is wrong <blockquote><hr>

Magery 117.9 / 147.4

[/ QUOTE ]
dragons dont gain in magic any higher then their fresh tame skill.
o the dragon listed above will be capped at 117.9

im just going off of the 4 ive fully trained allready.
and so far all mine have gone back up to the numbers i got when i minused 20% off of their skill.

OR, to get close to what im saying, just add 25% onto your fresh tame number and you will have your finished number.
which i guess when thinking about it.... is 1.25

L

Lord Franklin

<blockquote><hr>

Check this week's FoF.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for those of you who don't want to find that, it says that the only thing that drops a pet's stats is paralyzing when you tame, not peacemaking or discording.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And good luck para taming a greater dragon...

K

Karthcove

<blockquote><hr>

3000-3800 Dump it
3801-4800 Keep
4801-5800 OMG!!!!!!
5801-6000+ SWEET!!!!! (I am God Here)

808\.19= 4252

[/ QUOTE ]
Saw the rating system and see the merits, nice job!

How about a simple rating system that considers everything ie.

Barding Difficulty is a reflection of a creatures over all offensive and defensive skill/power and will increase as skills increase.

Total Resists are the "Fort" from which the creature inflicts or guards against damage.

Throwing it out there; (Barding Diff*3)+(Total Resists)/2

Using your formula my dragon who has 959 Hit points and max 85 Phys is 6393 and some change - a God like creature. His total resists though are only 319 - 75 Fire and weak in the last 3. His overall barding diff is 150.3 giving his a rating of 384.5 whereas my other drag has a barding difficulty of 144 and total resists of 345 rating him a 388.5 while using your system he would have a 5335 with the 907 hps and 83 phys resist.

Im not a math guy by any means and more work should be put into it, the market for these dragons are hot right now and having an appraisal system would be good - it is a system that can increase the value with training.

Thoughts?

K

Kurgan

This formula was put together by another player. Just took me abit to figure theirs out.
I wish there was an easy way to pets, and raise their skills..

My bunny takes forever to gain any skills..
But he is getting there..

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wrestling 96.5 / 119.5
tactics 91.4 / 114.2
resist 95.2 / 119
Anat 20.7 / 100
Magery 117.9 / 147.4
Eval 41.5 / 100
Med 67.2 / 100

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think your guys 'new math' is correct.
ive maxed out a few dragons now and ive noticed that they skills go back to 20%

so for example.
the dragon that fella there listed above.
you tame it and when ya tamed it it had 96.5 wrestling.
by your math it will train back up to 119.5

but ill bet you it will trian up to 120.6

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct. You divide the skills (wrestling, tactics, spell resist) right after taming by 0.8 (0.72 / 0.9). So the cap will be 120.6.

<blockquote><hr>

and also this is wrong <blockquote><hr>

Magery 117.9 / 147.4

[/ QUOTE ]
dragons dont gain in magic any higher then their fresh tame skill.
o the dragon listed above will be capped at 117.9

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct again.

As for the rating system suggested in this thread. You are far better off to look at the thread that lists the stat ranges for greater dragons, and go by that. That formula is even more flawed than the pet calculator currently is. I have a formula that I use for rating pets as well, but even that I don't take as the final word on whether I keep pets or not. I know what I am looking for, and I keep pets based on that.

I keep a cheat sheet with the minimums and maximums for all the skills and stats for all the pets I farm, and base whether I keep a pet or not on that.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kurgan,

On your dragon, the stamina will max at 119 because of the 6 point difference. The wrestling will be 120.6 based on the formula. The magery will stay at 117.9 because it will not raise past the tamed skill.

I

imported_MonkeyBusiness

After 3 weeksof looking, farming, and taming Greater Dragons I have finally found the ultimate keeper!!!!

HP = 942
STR = 635

85/75/43/55/56

WRESTLING = 92.1/115.1
TACTICS = 111.3
MAGERY = 119.0/119.0
RESIST SPELLS = 83.4/104.3

That would be a HP/1-Phys Resis rating of 6280 with great strength and solid wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!