• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragon? *yawns* C'mon Devs...a little Imagination Please!!

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

From FoF patch notes: Greater dragons are visibly named "Greater dragons"

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best you can come up with? Another "greater" something?
Who exactly at UO is in charge of the Imagination &amp; Inspiration departments? And why does that person still have a job?

You've created an extraordinarily powerful classic monster here, and you want to name it a Greater Dragon?

Greater Mongbat, ok..there's a hint of fun in that.....Greater Chicken...well, almost funny I suppose, if there hadn't already been a Greater Mongbat...now a Greater Dragon, you have to be kidding.

Give this thing a Name befitting it's awesome power and majesty please.

Here's a plan, how about running a contest for a suitable name for this terrible creature before you sign off on that boring tag. I'm certain the combined imaginations of your subscribers will come up with a title far more appropriate for UO's new Reptilian King, Rikktor notwithstanding.

Edit: Btw, does anyone have a full list of the Maximum possible Stats, Skills &amp; Resists on these Magnificent Beasts yet?

C

Connor_Graham

I vote for Elder Wyrm. Kind of in between a Dragon and an Ancient Wyrm...

F

Fayled Dhreams

when ya have one ...

ya can name it anyyyyyything ya want ...

better when there was some confusion ... when approaching any in the wild ...
better still to REMOVE its colored response ... to enemy of one
(how some peeps figured to be able tell between 'em)

drop the attractive "different" label chance and methods ...

call ALL dragons dangerous and unpredictable ...
turns "greater" on the last day of "bonding"
or goes wild and snacks on the casual "easy" tamer
for leaving unattended in that stinky cramped up stable ...

promises and assurances were given and MADE .. ON taming day ...
1 fricking stinking piece of NOT FRESH kill meat ...
gonna "hold your side up" ...?
To a GREATER dragon?

pffft!

I

imported_hungry4knowhow

this is funny, a friend of mine who doesnt play anymore I was telling about the new drags and told him the name all we could say is WOW the creative juices at EA Mythic are really flowing these days....

I

imported_ElRay

EA Dev: oh great, would you file that #2347635-5 complaint under D for dumb?

EA Dev2: sure

C

Cellmate

Yep, that's the kind of thing we're looking for here, Connor. I'm sure others, far more imaginative and creative than I, have ideas along similar lines.

If I was ever to kill a Paragon or Blackrock Infected version of these things, and be lucky enough to score a chest or box...a Unique Name. or even more than one possible name, like Balrons for example, would make that kill very sweet!

Personally, I'd like to see them coloured differently as well, perhaps not as gaudy as an AW, but something that sets them apart from the run of the mill dragons &amp; drakes. Or even Multi Coloured, like the Cu Sidhe, with some colours rarer than others and such?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m with Fayled, (ouch I just said that), anyway, players are just going to rename them anyway, so Greater Dragon is as good as anything else.No?

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

GarthGrey: I"m with Fayled, (ouch I just said that), anyway, players are just going to rename them anyway, so Greater Dragon is as good as anything else.No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, not everyone is going to Tame and Name them, some of us actually like the idea of killing them repeatedly, hehe. I'd kinda like to take on a few paragon/blackrock infected versions myself, with help from a few other intrepid adventurers of course.

Anyway, even if a lot of them do end up as Pets, I don't see why they can't be uniquely coloured etc. Perhaps the same colour varieties as the Stuffies?

Just seems to me if you're going to introduce a new powerful Monster, especially a Classic creature like a dragon, you might as well go all the way and name it and make it look as fearsome and mighty as it's stats would indicate?

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

How about 'an ubertastic splendido hyper wyrm abomination'?

Max everything tamed I think is:

700 str/1000 hp
125 dex /125 stam
not sure on int but around 630

resists are 85/90/60/60/75

wrestling 130.5, tactics 126, resist 126, anat 100, magery 126, eval 100, med 100.

Untamed hp is double that and skills are 145 wrestle and 140 in the other things that go over 100. Anat starts from 0 as does med (I think) and eval seems low like 50ish.

F

Fayled Dhreams

more loot here?
more better here?
not him ME?
me better?
(could auto spawn the named chests after a death)
I can't believe he managed to kill me
I was a Paragon and Still he managed to kill me
I was a BlackRock Infected Paragon Greater Dragon and all I spawned was the same old graphics chest

I was a BlackRock Infected Paragon Greater Dragon and ...truely ... Now that I'm dead

I believe that she was lying ... ( about being [young] )

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

From FoF patch notes: Greater dragons are visibly named "Greater dragons"

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best you can come up with? Another "greater" something?
Who exactly at UO is in charge of the Imagination &amp; Inspiration departments? And why does that person still have a job?

You've created an extraordinarily powerful classic monster here, and you want to name it a Greater Dragon?

Greater Mongbat, ok..there's a hint of fun in that.....Greater Chicken...well, almost funny I suppose, if there hadn't already been a Greater Mongbat...now a Greater Dragon, you have to be kidding.

Give this thing a Name befitting it's awesome power and majesty please.

Here's a plan, how about running a contest for a suitable name for this terrible creature before you sign off on that boring tag. I'm certain the combined imaginations of your subscribers will come up with a title far more appropriate for UO's new Reptilian King, Rikktor notwithstanding.

Edit: Btw, does anyone have a full list of the Maximum possible Stats, Skills &amp; Resists on these Magnificent Beasts yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only worried now? I wondered about their imagination when they took an item system similar to Everquest, split the world in two to fix murdering, introduced elves and made a samurai themed area...

G

I like Elder Wyrm. If they ever decided to introduce White Wyrms in a "greater" variety, we could have Elder Dragons and Elder Wyrms. I think that would be neat...maybe even Elder Drakes, hehe.

That might make it lose some of the creative aspect of the name idea, so maybe not. Just a thought.
I don't see why you couldn't have Unique names on the chest, also. I think Fayled already suggested this. That would be a nice and give warriors that fight dragon-kind a reward too.

I would like to see different shades. Irridescent would be neat if it wasn't done garishly. I've always liked the ore colors too. =)

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Ancient Dragon myself, that or Elder Dragon. I;m hoping for a boast with the white wyrms too, Maybe an they could be elder wyrms. Either way, I'm happy as hell that we got them.
Tom

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Sure.

Name them something else.

So that way, people can whine: "That's not Ultima, man! To make it Ultima, they should have called it a Greater Dragon, man! 'Cos that's what Ultima is about. Greater Mongbat, Greater Chicken.....That's what Ultima is about, man!!"

I am 100% positive this would occur.

-Galen's player

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Sure.

So that way, people can whine: "That's not Ultima, man! To make it Ultima, they should have called it a Greater Dragon, man! 'Cos that's what Ultima is about. Greater Mongbat, Greater Chicken.....That's what Ultima is about, man!!"

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of those people can only look back to Age of Shadows to know what makes Ultima an Ultima.

Why not just make this the replacement of a typical dragon. Creatures die so quickyl and easily compared to The Second Age and Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.

J

jerseyboy

<blockquote><hr>

Sure.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...heres an idea...how about an "Ultima Dragon"

I

imported_Vyrquenox

---------------------------------------------------
-when ya have one ...

ya can name it anyyyyyything ya want ...

better when there was some confusion ... when approaching any in the wild ...
better still to REMOVE its colored response ... to enemy of one
(how some peeps figured to be able tell between 'em)

drop the attractive "different" label chance and methods ...

To a GREATER-
-----------------------------------------

i tried very hard with all my intelligence to make sense here bud, but i apparently am not up to it. I would pay good money if I could only get the wisdom inherent in this piece, that I know must be there. Please someone help me.

F

Fayled Dhreams

well ... thats pretty good ... but
kinda a known over sell ...
I mean ... what would you call the eventual next "better" Dragon ?
Ultima Rez dragon?(Ur Drag) Daddy of all Dragons? Da Uber Dragon Exemplar? (
dude)

Beyond Ultima Dragon ?(bud)

Ya'll be letting some of tradition slip, don'tcha think? ...
Like the weapons ...numbers numbers every where
Gotta know whatchur getting by reading the color coded label?

Shoot the OP wasn't wanting a "cool name" ... just an easy marker for "whats inside"

Well no, not everyone is going to Tame and Name them, some of us actually like the idea of killing them repeatedly, hehe. I'd kinda like to take on a few paragon/blackrock infected versions myself, with help from a few other intrepid adventurers of course.

Anyway, even if a lot of them do end up as Pets, I don't see why they can't be uniquely coloured etc. Perhaps the same colour varieties as the Stuffies?

Just seems to me if you're going to introduce a new powerful Monster, especially a Classic creature like a dragon, you might as well go all the way and name it and make it look as fearsome and mighty as it's stats would indicate?

I am just saying ...
No "problem" with the nameing ...
Let it show up after the taming and the slaying ... just a little ... not knowing at a glance

Like I suggested above:

To a GREATER dragon?

pffft!

G

<blockquote><hr>

i tried very hard with all my intelligence to make sense here bud, but i apparently am not up to it. I would pay good money if I could only get the wisdom inherent in this piece, that I know must be there. Please someone help me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please stop copy and pasting Failed's posts. I have her on ignore so that all I see is: *** You are ignoring this user *** . If you copy and paste it into your posts then I can actually see her drivel. Thanks.

G

I'd love it if they were blue, like my stuffy dwagon.

Keeping it simple, how about a straightforward swap 'greater' for 'elder'?

an 'elder dragon' does sound a bit more majestic, and shouldn't be hard to do?