• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater cure pots and Deadly/Lethal Poison

N

nickdafunk

Why is it, that greater cure pots can instantly cure lethal and even deadly poison, 100% of the time??

Forget the fact that noxxers have spent laborious hours training one of the toughest skills in the game, at great expense, it just doesn't make sense.

Greater cure should cure greater poison 100% of the time, thats fine, that does make sense. But why, should greater poison cure deadly, AND, lethal poison 100% of the time?? It doesn't add up.

Can we at least see some kind of formula worked in here, so that maybe a cure potion which is 2 levels below the level of poison administered, has some kind of fail rate?

Just a though.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Why is it, that greater cure pots can instantly cure lethal and even deadly poison, 100% of the time??

[/ QUOTE ]
100%? I doubt that, maybe with e.p.
If you really want an answer to the 'why' part I'd guess so that mages have a way of curing that can't be interupted by 1.25s swings, hit spell and the likely ai spam from the fencer (usually a fencer) who poisoned them.

<blockquote><hr>

Forget the fact that noxxers have spent laborious hours training one of the toughest skills in the game, at great expense, it just doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a tough skill to train anymore and the expense compared to the amounts of money people make these days isn't that great either.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

Nox is fine. Quit whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, dont be an ignoramous?

Why is it you have to be insulting? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
100%? I doubt that, maybe with e.p.
If you really want an answer to the 'why' part I'd guess so that mages have a way of curing that can't be interupted by 1.25s swings, hit spell and the likely ai spam from the fencer (usually a fencer) who poisoned them.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a tough skill to train anymore and the expense compared to the amounts of money people make these days isn't that great either.

[/ QUOTE ]

From being on the 'Pot Using' side of things while playing a mage, i'm fairly sure greater cure is 100% without EP. However, I could be wrong there. If so then great
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can shed some light...

"It's not a tough skill to train anymore"

I have to disagree with you on this. Its the hardest skill i've ever had to train, and i completed it quite recently. Nevertheless, the difficulty and investment in training is by the by, the real issue is whether 100 skill points should be negated by an item.

This isn't supposed to be a stratics rant/moan/whine or whatever. Its just something thats cropped up in my brain that i felt needs to be considered further.

ithankyou

G

Im not insulting you.

whin·ing, noun
–verb (used without object) 1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object) 3. to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
–noun 4. a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
5. a feeble, peevish complaint.

And that is exactly what I meant by it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From being on the 'Pot Using' side of things while playing a mage, i'm fairly sure greater cure is 100% without EP. However, I could be wrong there. If so then great
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can shed some light...

"It's not a tough skill to train anymore"

I have to disagree with you on this. Its the hardest skill i've ever had to train, and i completed it quite recently. Nevertheless, the difficulty and investment in training is by the by, the real issue is whether 100 skill points should be negated by an item.

This isn't supposed to be a stratics rant/moan/whine or whatever. Its just something thats cropped up in my brain that i felt needs to be considered further.

ithankyou

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You are wrong about the cure thing. I fail them all the time.

2. Poison is easy now that they've taken out the anti-macro code. You don't have to poison 500 different items hoping for a gain. Take it from someone that worked it years ago. Hell, if you ask Expiramental when she logs on here next, She did it completely by hand to 0-GM. I atleast used UOA to help me.

Honestly, nox is fine. Just carry enough to outlast anyones stack of cure pots if you have an issue with that, or have more then one offense.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

Im not insulting you.

whin·ing, noun
–verb (used without object) 1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object) 3. to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Ok pal. If you can't see that thats insulting, then i fear that you have a lack of social awareness. However, i'm not gonna go digging around on dictionary.com for a definiton on the word insult.

Its not up to me to take you to school on Stratics, after all...

Cheers,

N

nickdafunk

I wonder if there is more definite information on this somewhere that anyone knows of?

There must be a formula related to your chances to cure using greater cure vs lethal/deadly poison.

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

Poison is easy now that they've taken out the anti-macro code. You don't have to poison 500 different items hoping for a gain

[/ QUOTE ]
You never did. You just needed 2 steaks. Stack steaks, remove one, poison it, add to stack, remove from stack. Removed steak gets a new ID and is seen as another item.

I

imported_ElRay

1 dp pot = 12 gc pots which = carry more dp pots and youre bound to run your opponent out of cures.....its happened many times to me even with all my arch cures thrown in

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Im not insulting you.

whin·ing, noun

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Ok pal. If you can't see that thats insulting, then i fear that you have a lack of social awareness. However, i'm not gonna go digging around on dictionary.com for a definiton on the word insult.

Cheers,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in a way whining about it. I PvP on a mage and a dexer and do sometimes have difficulty curing with pots. There is nothing wrong and training nox is relatively simple. Just need a stack of pots, and a wep you can poison. I say to find a different way to kill folks or use it in combination with some other specials. Also carry around enough nox to be able to run someones cure pot stash out.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Im not insulting you.

whin·ing, noun

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Cheers,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in a way whining about it. I PvP on a mage and a dexer and do sometimes have difficulty curing with pots. There is nothing wrong and training nox is relatively simple. Just need a stack of pots, and a wep you can poison. I say to find a different way to kill folks or use it in combination with some other specials. Also carry around enough nox to be able to run someones cure pot stash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My god. What is it with you lot. Why has everything got to be confrontation and accusation. Where's the love? lol

What happened to good old fashioned discussion? This is something that came to my mind so I thought, lets throw it out there and see what everyone else thinks. Next thing I know i'm being defined (with actual dictionary quotation no less) a whiner.

I'm really sorry.

I won't post any more topics. I promise.

G

I think you're just being over sensitive.

I tell my buddies they're whining when they do all the time (when its nothing serious atleast). They don't get all hurt over it like you are.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gcure pots don't cure LP 100% of the time, it seems like it sometimes though.

I reckon Gcure pots with no enhance pots on should cure LP at maybe 40%, not sure what it is now but gotta be much higher than that.

Items should never completely negate a skill.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

I think you're just being over sensitive.

I tell my buddies they're whining when they do all the time (when its nothing serious atleast). They don't get all hurt over it like you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you, i'm not one of your buddies. I am taking issue with the way that keyboard warriors like yourself feel as though you can talk to people however you want on here. It annoys me.

I am a stranger to you, and I garauntee if you met me in RL you wouldn't speak to me like that.

This is supposed to be a forum where intelligent conversation takes place. Your original comment couldn't have been less intelligent if you tried. This is one of the fundemental problems suffered by UHall... Certain people lower the tone.

The bind I am in, is that I enjoy reading views from many people on here, it can be very intersting. But my blood boils with some of the half witted comments i read at times.

That is why your thoughtless response to my post struck a nerve today.

Perhaps next time when you read a thread you could actually share your own opinion and engage in debate. You clearly had more to say on the topic, as we saw further down the page, but instead you chose initially to rubbish my post as a "whine".

Just something to think about mr In Flames.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

Gcure pots don't cure LP 100% of the time, it seems like it sometimes though.

I reckon Gcure pots with no enhance pots on should cure LP at maybe 40%, not sure what it is now but gotta be much higher than that.

Items should never completely negate a skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, this is the kind of wavelength I was on. I would say it must be way way way higher than that right now.

I hear what people are saying about taking more dp than your oponent has GC. But c'mon?

Surely a fight shouldn't be dictated by who runs out of pots first?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

DP is like 90% cure with a potion, and LP is like 60. I've used 4 cures to cure LP. On that token, I've also casted FIFTEEN 120 magery cures, and failed to cure myself, and I have failed a 120 mage arch cure 3 times in a row. Considering how hard arch cure can be to cast in a fluid pvp situation, they really shouldn't touch the way that cures work. It doesn't make sense anyways, you would think that the skills would have a better chance of curing than the items. If they ever revert the cure changes back, then yes, I agree that cure potions should be weakened.

Poisoning can be extremely overpowered without potions, and it's a time investment to kill someone with potions. Bottom line : Use some strategy instead of simply spamming the ability, and use it to stop healing, since that's the purpose of poison.

edit: That's exactly how a fight is dictated right now, dp &gt; no cure potions.

G

It's not 100%, but it's probably 80% of the time.

That's way too often, imho. Orange pots make nox pretty much useless.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

what don't you understand about the fact that if orange pots didn't work, every single pvp template would have poisoning?

I

imported_athos_uo

GCP's Success chance to detox Deadly Poison = 100%
GCP's Success chance to detox Lethal Poison = 75%
from the test results of Gray@Izumo