• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Great to be back! (Famine)

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all!

Wow, it sure is great to see so many familiar faces! I hope everyone is doing well.

Well, that was a long break. That said, it’s only a fraction of the time since I first logged on almost 14 years ago, ran south of yew moongate, killed a dear and with victory still in the air, was ambushed on a nearby bridge, killed, stripped to the bone and cut onto pieces. I leaned back in my chair and said “I love this game”.

… a year later my house key was looted from my pack. As watched the new owners of my home move in, I leaned back in my chair and said “I need a new keyboard”. Heh =)

So why is it, every time we take a break we tell ourselves its going to be the last ... then, return even more excited than before? I believe that a large part of the reason is not only UO, but Siege. Specifically the people of Siege. There is such a strong community here, rich with a history of people who know each others names, welcome new ones, kill each other one day smile the next. It’s truly a unique place.

… it’s also, the only place I know, that you can still go, to get ambushed on a nearby bridge, killed, stripped to the bone and cut onto pieces. =)

(well, minus the cut to pieces part =( … buy I’ll buy your old body parts *winks*)

Anyways it sure is great to be back. You’ll see me (on Pestilence or Famine) busy building the new ‘Siege Perilous Museum’ located at the fork in the road north of Makoto-Jima. I have tons of stuff to move from the Luna location and with increased space, and an improved design, even more items can be brought out of storage that I’m sure will bring back a few memories.

If your looking for a rare item, or have questions about an item you own, feel free to look me up ... always happy to chat. As I build I’ll also be keeping my eye out for any additions for the museum ... contact me anytime if you want to discuss a trade. The museum welcomes any rare, unique or event pieces or player items that remind of us our shards history. As always the Museum pays and trades very well for any new item.

Again it’s great to be back. Looking forward to seeing you all again on Siege!

Famine
Siege Perilous Museum

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look forward to seeing the new museum.

My museum is tiny compared to yours hehe. Shame, more competition getting items now lol

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My museum is tiny compared to yours hehe. Shame, more competition getting items now lol
Hi Symma! Not at all ... glad to hear there is still another collector out there on Siege. Looking forward to working together =)

Let me know when would be a good time to stop by for a tour of your place.

Famine

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back famine! I spent a few hours one night trying to pry a few things off the floor of your house to no success. I may have quit a few items that would fit well into your museum and im always open to trade. BTW if you have a spare Lenshire Clan Tabard yell at me please. Ill offer gold, rares, or other trade.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi welcome back Famine. Question for you, i have 2 different ballot boxes. One weighs 5 stone, the other weighs 100 stone. Is one more rare than the other? Are either rare at all?

On a side note, I'm the owner of your whispering rose.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back famine! I spent a few hours one night trying to pry a few things off the floor of your house to no success. I may have quit a few items that would fit well into your museum and im always open to trade. BTW if you have a spare Lenshire Clan Tabard yell at me please. Ill offer gold, rares, or other trade.
Don't forget to save a few for me lol. Been waiting patiently for months :p

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Czarina - Yes, I'm certain I have a Lenshire Clan Tabard kicking around in storage (and one for you to Symma). Let's connect online when we're both around. You can ICQ me at 6217198 or send a stratics mail as to when you plan to be around and I'll try to bump into you.

Famine

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, I'm the owner of your whispering rose.
Thanks Morder - and wow, my Whispering Rose survived all these years eh? Very nice hehe... if you would consider a trade perhaps we can arrange something? =)

As for the Ballot Box's, it's most likely that one of them is uncommon (perhaps the 100 stone box) .. that being said, there is not much of a market or desire for off weighted items anymore. At one point (before Magincia Rubble), heavy items were sold at decent prices as it made it easy for one to overload their pack, allow items to be dropped in places that normally did not allow an item (house decor etc.). Unfortunately that has since been fixed.

I did notice some Checkers, Playing Cards and some Rusty Pot/Pan's in that pic of yours ... would those happen to be from the servers birth or are they new/recent drops from dungeons etc.. ?

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greeting and welcome back . i'm sure my collection pales compared to yours , but i may have some items of small interest to you . i still have your old icq # and im sure ill see you in game sooner or later .ill stop by your new place when i can.
good to see you back .
=^_^=

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Morder - and wow, my Whispering Rose survived all these years eh? Very nice hehe... if you would consider a trade perhaps we can arrange something? =)

As for the Ballot Box's, it's most likely that one of them is uncommon (perhaps the 100 stone box) .. that being said, there is not much of a market or desire for off weighted items anymore. At one point (before Magincia Rubble), heavy items were sold at decent prices as it made it easy for one to overload their pack, allow items to be dropped in places that normally did not allow an item (house decor etc.). Unfortunately that has since been fixed.

I did notice some Checkers, Playing Cards and some Rusty Pot/Pan's in that pic of yours ... would those happen to be from the servers birth or are they new/recent drops from dungeons etc.. ?
They are indeed server birth items.

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greeting and welcome back . i'm sure my collection pales compared to yours , but i may have some items of small interest to you
Thanks for the welcome back - great to hear from you. ICQ me anytime old friend.. would love to connect sometime.

Famine