• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grass Tiles hiding under Goza Mats

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking for advice or tips if anyone has it about a peculiar problem I am having. The house in question involves a gypsy wagon, but in order to make the wagon look elevated off of the ground I put it on the second floor and then used goza mats and grass tiles to provide access while making it appear like sort of a slight hill / incline. Here is the problem though. When the house objects load, sometimes the goza mats appear on top. Sometimes the grass tiles appear on top. They access the same "Z" level so when the game loads the tiles it's probably putting whatever it loads last on top.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this issue, or perhaps another way to attack the problem?

hiddengrass.JPG

ailaswagon.jpg

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The fix is simple enough; the goza has to be lowered so it's 1 Z below the grass (or sand or snow) tile.

By the way, having built something similar, if you're looking for a "path" effect on the grass, take a look at the dirt tiles from the prim lich; overlapped, they work quite well. (And they need to be 1 Z above the grass).

Last edited:

Callise

Journeyman
The fix is simple enough; the goza has to be lowered so it's 1 Z below the grass (or sand or snow) tile.
I think I'm missing something (and it's probably really obvious, so bare with me). How do you handle the first step up? If the goza is on the plot, and then the grass tile is 1 z above, wouldn't that make the first incline 2 above the plot?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
two clicks up you can walk up on, three is a no-go

and that is a very cute gypsy wagon!!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whichever one you want on top, place that one first then the other. When you use a teleporter, the top tile will go underneath the one you want to show
Example: Since you want the grass to show, place the grass tiles first then the goza on top of the grass.Use a teleporter anywhere in the house and the Goza will appear underneath the Grass tile only showing the grass.