• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Granite

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering whether granite has any use/ value nowadays?
I have been mining and throwing away the plain but kept the colors, but now my boxes are filling up and i dont know if theres any point keeping it?

I guess it could be useful if someone was decoing a house in a color theme, but how hard would that be now.. trying to get a total set of say valorite colored tables and chairs..

Do i change my shovels to just ore?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

set your shovel to ore, ONLY if you need granite, set it to both.

Granite is used by Carpenters, which have learned the abillity to craft stoneitems like stonethrone, stonetables, or states.

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know carps make stone furnie - i mean, as its a lot harder to get the higher colored stone, is it worth mining the ore anyway? If you wanted a val stone table it might take forever and a day to mine the stuff, so is it a good back up plan to start collecting now =]

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

keep only a few, if you need the stones you better mine them on demand.

they arent wanted that often, and in such a amount, that it is worth to keep 10000000 of them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There will be a much greater market for the stone next year, based on the info given at Saturday's town hall.

Plus, one of the next 2 or 3 publishes will make granite stackable, if I understood what was said, correctly.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

There will be a much greater market for the stone next year, based on the info given at Saturday's town hall.

Plus, one of the next 2 or 3 publishes will make granite stackable, if I understood what was said, correctly.
ok then :) if basra is rigth... most time he is, then you should keep the granite.

if they become stackable, i store them too.

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That word stackable changes everything! Right 'ore' it is until the next 2 or 3 publishes!