• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Granite only mining

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just not seeing the problem that some folks were complaining about. Did a 1 hour test after finding 3 Valorite deposits all on the same screen..... Yeah how weird is that! Two of them changed in that hour though. Ended up with 17 plain granite, 12 gold and 101 valorite.. That is a whole lot faster than before the granite only option. Did burn through a lot of shovels and to that end I do think a shovel use should only be burned when you extract granite. But no big deal to tinker 10-12 shovels as I went. Also popped two gigantic niter deposits that gave up 590 salt peter in that hour. So really........ I am not seeing a problem with this set up.

granite test.jpg

Attachments

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done anything about it yet, because I don't need the granite, but I've wondered what the results would be if you used maps from Vela when mining for granite.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely use granite but when I do I like making blue things. Plus it is very rare to find 3 val spot on the same screen, at least for me. And I was getting bored and remembered a thread with several complaints about stone only mining. So seemed like a good op to give it a whirl. 101 of the targeted color in a hour is far far faster than the old ore/stone way of getting 1-5 per deposit tram side. I did this test on Tram because Fel is a scary! scary!! SCARY!!! place where no trammie in their right mind would go :) If I had done this fel side though it would have been 202 Blue Granite in that hour. Hope they change the ore and woods back to static locations, the Vela maps and other junk are about as popular as a case of resistant gonorrhea, but that is another issue.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I mine on Siege and I love the stone only. Sure I burn through the shovels, but, if your looking for granite you dont have to empty your pack of ore you dont want every few minutes to smelt ore to lighten your pack. And you dont have to have a beetle following behind you. The only granite i havent found a lot of is the green.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mine on Siege and I love the stone only. Sure I burn through the shovels, but, if your looking for granite you dont have to empty your pack of ore you dont want every few minutes to smelt ore to lighten your pack. And you dont have to have a beetle following behind you. The only granite i havent found a lot of is the green.
A lot better on Siege actually with the triple or more uses on the tinkered shovels. Try Wind in the large area to the NW like you are going to the garden but go through the long building and out the back door to get into a very large GZ mining area. For whatever reason I find a lot of Ag and Verite deposits in that area on Siege.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just not seeing the problem that some folks were complaining about. Did a 1 hour test after finding 3 Valorite deposits all on the same screen..... Yeah how weird is that! Two of them changed in that hour though. Ended up with 17 plain granite, 12 gold and 101 valorite.. That is a whole lot faster than before the granite only option. Did burn through a lot of shovels and to that end I do think a shovel use should only be burned when you extract granite. But no big deal to tinker 10-12 shovels as I went. Also popped two gigantic niter deposits that gave up 590 salt peter in that hour. So really........ I am not seeing a problem with this set up.

View attachment 52957
I think you missed the point of why people were complaining.

Please make a rational justification for the failure to mine when you have your shovel set to granite only. If I mine 3 granite per successful dig, and the vein has 90 granite available, why do I need to mine that spot 130 times to get the granite instead of 30?

I find no justifiable reason that granite needs to be more or less rare than an ingot. If you set your shovel to granite only, just let us mine the granite just like we do ingots, and move on.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I find when mining for ore I can hit the spot maybe 10 times or so maybe get 1 or 2 granite and then no more ore. I can mine for granite and get a heck of a lot more granite in the same spot with out running out of ore and moving to a different spot.

I found out too with granite I dont get a pack full of blackrock.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you missed the point of why people were complaining.

Please make a rational justification for the failure to mine when you have your shovel set to granite only. If I mine 3 granite per successful dig, and the vein has 90 granite available, why do I need to mine that spot 130 times to get the granite instead of 30?

I find no justifiable reason that granite needs to be more or less rare than an ingot. If you set your shovel to granite only, just let us mine the granite just like we do ingots, and move on.
Well #1 you are getting it about 10x faster than previous and #2 the extra swings balance that out a bit. Kryonix explanation in another thread pans out. I really can't find anything to complain about with pulling the target color 10x faster.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there is no changed needed, waste of time. some will complain too hard and others will think some are just lazy. if they give out like candy, it becomes worthless because too much out there. at least some can make a living at it now. I just wish they would do something to kill scripters. there nothing in game that can or will kill you now. just my opinions

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well #1 you are getting it about 10x faster than previous and #2 the extra swings balance that out a bit. Kryonix explanation in another thread pans out. I really can't find anything to complain about with pulling the target color 10x faster.
You don't actually get them twice as fast. Kyronix explained that the chance to dig up granite is exactly the same.

So over a large sample, the same number of digs now will yield the same number of granite as before. The only difference between before and now is that you can dig a single location longer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can promise you I was not pulling 100-120 of any one kind in a hour, prior to this. More like maybe 1-3 per deposit and in a good hour 20-25 in a average hour maybe 10-15. Don't care how you reason it out, that is 10x faster on average by my count.