• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Grandmaster Imbuing

• Thread starter Natalie Black
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reminder:

For getting lots of stuff to unravel quickly, Spined kits are your friend (45 items real quick, and you can make the stuff standing right there by the soul forge). Making low-end stuff like leather caps, you can get lots of the residues and essences for 2 leather per item.

I'm glad I saved up about 60 of the kits (and I actually got a few items that I'm gonna try to imbue and/or enhance later)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yay! Good for you! How did you get enough slith tongues, raptor teeth and all the other added in items?

I am only at 58 or so I need three things to progress. As in adding hit dispell. Magical residue, amber and a slith tongue. :(

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Cyrah,

please check Craftsman data chest forum for updated ideas of training.

Lord/Lady R.Traveler has described what to make to avoid using more rare reagents.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Scandinavian, I read and do not understand.

At 58 what is your advice to make exactly? Thank you for your time.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

at first make daggers with your smith.

All of them will be with 40 DI because of exceptionell.
That counts as one property meaning that makes the next one cheaper.

Choose hit dispell that costs only 1 residue and 1 amber ! !

always choose reimbue last.After 10 successful attemps at imbuing you cant inbue that dagger more times.But you can unravel it.

I make first a bunch of daggers with smith and bring them to soulforge together with residue and gems.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh... I did all of that except for fact that the daggers were not gm ex made. Aha! maybe that is why I got asked for slith tongue!

So I can get to maybe 90 this way? As you said?

Oh ya player I met bought a soulforge deed, he cannot place in his home as he is not 75 skill? Can anyone place it, well owner or co?

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please check the data from R Traveler.

He/she says to change to plate about 70.
Thats to get higher total intensity after first property.

Mage armor is 1.4 weight instead of damae that is 1.0.

Im at mid 60 now so not much better than yourself.
:thumbup:

Regards
The Scandinavian

A

Aristillus

Just hit 100 Imbuing myself.

Now if I could only get the rest of the residue to get to 120:thumbsup:

Aristillus

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, SA came out tuesday.. Imbuing 120 on Friday. anyone else see a problem? yeah, we're all thrilled you worked so very hard, but seriously, shouldn't crafting skills take month/s? am i wrong??

C

Capt.E

I think a congradulations is in order instead of asking for yet another nerf. Imbuing is not an easy skill to raise and most of these people are doing it without guides and walkthroughs. So congrats on your progress. :D

S

Satejrat

ok, SA came out tuesday.. Imbuing 120 on Friday. anyone else see a problem? yeah, we're all thrilled you worked so very hard, but seriously, shouldn't crafting skills take month/s? am i wrong??
I too am working on Imbue at now in my 90's cause the 1st 24 hours wondered around dazed and confused as to what to do and when.

Needless to say I used lots of Residu and Gems cause I did not have a clue and did it blindly.

Congrats on getting to Legandary Status, a job well done

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im still in that dazed and confused state.. i kinda figured it out tho..
to get residue pretty easy, just make bows out of oak.. its pretty common to get and i had tons of it stored up.. hardly any reason to make bows out of aok lol.

second.. use only exceptional things to imbue and make those with plain material..
third, 2 or 3 small properties are easier then one large one..
so add 2 maybe 4% to an item untill you cant gain, then switch to another 2 to 4% item.

keeping your chance to sucess in the 50s helps.

i been buying gems from npcs in out of area towns..
i guess you can mine them now tho, with gm mining..

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh... I did all of that except for fact that the daggers were not gm ex made. Aha! maybe that is why I got asked for slith tongue!

So I can get to maybe 90 this way? As you said?

Oh ya player I met bought a soulforge deed, he cannot place in his home as he is not 75 skill? Can anyone place it, well owner or co?
I bought a soulforge and with 0 imbuing, placed it fine in my keep. It's just massive!

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... Oh ya player I met bought a soulforge deed, he cannot place in his home as he is not 75 skill? Can anyone place it, well owner or co?
Soul Forges are huge (4x4 tiles). It sounds like your friend may not have enough room in the house. There are no skill restrictions on placing one, it's just like any other house addon.