• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gozas & grass tiles...oh my!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, this is my first time using gozas to make additional floors on my house and I ran into a little snag.

I got all the gozas down, raised to the desirable height), and now I'm dropping grass tiles and flowers on them. They look great, but sometimes when I log on (Classic Client) they have sunk underneath the gozas. For the grass tiles, the solution seems to be just get rid of the gozas since the grass can support objects. Couple problems with that. Certain items drop right through the grass tiles when there is no goza underneath (deeded items work fine). Again, not the end of the world I can just raise them up again from the lower floor, but now I'm having issues where certain grass tiles just let you drop right through the floor even though they're the same height as the other grass tiles. What the heck is going on?!

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raise grass, chop goza. I don't think you need the goza to walk on grass for anther story.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, actually did some experimenting. If I remove the goza from underneath the grass, the grass is no longer solid when placed over tall objects. For example, I axed my gozas, and tried to walk and the grass but would fall through in places like
1) The corner of a tall elven bed
2) A series of stacked benches (for my rune library)
3) A real wall underneath the grass.
4) A fountain (from the heritage token set)

This is with the gozas raised about 20 times I believe - the maximum height for them to act as a proper floor/ceiling. The sucky part is after I found this out I had to retrieve all the grass tiles and redo the gozas...what fun!