• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gozas and Breaking Items Question

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Is it possible to move an item once it's been broken? I know it could be done at one time cause I've seen them. All the items I've seen broken lately could be raised or lowered or axed but I've not been able to find a way to release something to move it to a new location? Any info or history on this appreciated.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if it is a deeded item you cant move it just adjust height. if you chop parts off it you cant redeed it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I was thinking of the broken ankh pieces and other items I've seen so there must have been a way at one time anyway to release these.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive seen people lose their garden sheds and other items because, somehow part of the deeded item has dropped due to things below being removed or chopped or lowered ect.... it is something that really need to be fixed. many don't even know there is a problem until they chop it and item is deleted. too bad it didn't change the color so u can see that you need to lower or raise a part so it wont break. this will continue to happen over and over until fixed, if even can be fixed.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think doing this should not be allowed. Once again its using items not for its intended purposes. Isnt this the same reason bamboo tiles got nerfed.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Personally I think doing this should not be allowed. Once again its using items not for its intended purposes. Isnt this the same reason bamboo tiles got nerfed.
WADR, but WHO should decide what is an "intended" and allowed pourpose???
Some player find a creative way to use some standard items (and NOT for ill gotten gains, as duping, but only for ARTISTIC pourposes), and someone ask to block them, instead of asking the Devs to officialize and integrate the discovery.
Really sad, IMO.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bamboo floors didnt get fixed only because of non-intentional use. There are - as you point out - dozens of such examples in UO. They got fixed because they made walking around those houses a pain for a lot of people. Not sure why this is so hard to see.

Not a fan of the axe-trick either, but since that does not affect my gameplay in any way, I kinda couldn't care less.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WADR, but WHO should decide what is an "intended" and allowed pourpose???
Some player find a creative way to use some standard items (and NOT for ill gotten gains, as duping, but only for ARTISTIC pourposes), and someone ask to block them, instead of asking the Devs to officialize and integrate the discovery.
Really sad, IMO.
Pretty sure TOS states this. I guess people dont read it, but then again apparently TOS only applies to select few. If items were meant to be cut up then it would have came in pieces. Using 1 item to make another is the very definition of "UNINTENDED PURPOSE"

Bamboo floors didnt get fixed only because of non-intentional use. There are - as you point out - dozens of such examples in UO. They got fixed because they made walking around those houses a pain for a lot of people. Not sure why this is so hard to see.

Not a fan of the axe-trick either, but since that does not affect my gameplay in any way, I kinda couldn't care less.
People can blame lag on these houses all they want but its straight up BS. All that happened was people started complaining how ugly they were then when that didnt work, they started on the Lag issue. As I have stated before I own 4 fully crafted houses with tons of items and DO NOT LAG ONE BIT. So why is it that only certain people lag and not everyone else? Not sure why this is so hard to see either.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People can blame lag on these houses all they want but its straight up BS.
Believe it or not, running Luna to Umbra was a big pain for me. Tons of lag. Not just Luna itself, but the whole road south basically. Feel free to not believe it :rolleyes:

As I have stated before I own 4 fully crafted houses with tons of items and DO NOT LAG ONE BIT. So why is it that only certain people lag and not everyone else? Not sure why this is so hard to see either.
Firstmost it depends on your physical location in the world related to the servers you play on. I'm happy for you, however calling lag/latency issues in online games "BS" only because you personally don't experience any feels like calling cancer a hoax because you never had any yourself.

I played with asian players and had to wait every two screens on them because lag was so bad for them. I played with US players and they had to wait on me because my lag was bad. It's just beyond me how you can play this game for a decade and act like lag is just some made up concept.