• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governors?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Has anyone heard anything about a governors meeting yet?

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wednesday, 9/18 – 8pm EST – Meeting with Detective Thorpe

^ Best bet is to ask EM tonight about that.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He said last night word would be sent out with in the day or so.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I emailed EM Claudius. So far no response.
If we don't hear anything I'll send a msg to Mesanna and ask for help.
We have to get our Sosarian Olympic games organized!!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
B told me EM Barnaby said he's still coordinating to get a meeting and he'll make an announcement soon.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Aye.
Got an email from Cerronius (sp) stating they are still getting organized and an announcement should be forthcoming.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay good, I am polling about ideas to improve Minoc. Have some options up already for feedback, got that in this morning. I am still toying around with the idea of a restaurant, but the tavern in Minoc is very nicely done.

One thing that I would like to see is them changing the bulletin boards to the "old style" bulletin boards that allowed us to post longer messages, the shortness of today kinda sucks.

Off to yoga!

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a screen shot of the old style bulletin boards. Minoc's tavern still has one of those. ;)

Soooooo much better than the ones of today! And yes... for those wondering that is Latin text. :D

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too Flutter. Me too! I like that you are excited about the system and that you are invested, as am I. :)

I saw the thread in UHall about the governors, I feel that it was unjustly censored when it was locked. It was a good discussion and there were some really good ideas there. Why do the lock it? I really didn't see "dev bashing" as it was posted. Yes some discordance with the kinks in the system, its a new system and it will NOT improve without this type of feedback. I'm disappointed that Stratics takes that type of approach to discussions of this sort. Pandy's suggestion for the temporary lockdown tool was brilliant and wouldn't be hard to incorporate. I would LOVEEEEEE to see that! Those folks that would abuse it, can simply be removed as governor. Hell make it COST gold from the city funds to use it, that would be a deterrent of sorts. I hate to see that locked up in such a way.

Right now, I don't have the millions to fund my city's trade agreements myself, I am working on hosting a Fund Raising event to do so. Pandy said she'd give me the gold but that's not fair either because she's a citizen of Britain, so I refused. We can raise it! I know we can.

I've yet to see the other Governors, besides us few that did already, to reply to the "Governors Contact" thread. We have to encourage them to!

~ Sue.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think it got locked because it was turning into an attack on EMs which I certainly didn't mean to do by my post. I think folks are just frustrated, and perhaps if we got some sort of outline as to an EMs job there'd be a lot less hard feelings. We'd know what to expect and what not to expect. Some EM's go the extra mile, but it might not be "required" of them to do so.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might be an idea to explore the possibility of having 1 additional EM per shard that is mostly dedicated to the Governorship system for a total of 3 per shard (2 for Arcs/Events, 1 for Governorship). If its really $100/mo that shouldn't be an issue for a company like EA.

~ Sue.