• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governor’s Meeting 7-21-17

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Governor’s Meeting 7-21-17​

Not wishing to be late Dezerai raced across the Bridge on her mount, being forced to dismount once inside the courtyard, she quickly continues towards the council meeting room. She can see she is not the first, others are already here awaiting the return of the King to these meetings.

As she rushes to join them she is reminded by Fergus, one of the Royal Guard First, “By Order of the King no weapons in the Council Office”. With a small smile and a nod, she continues inside the chamber.

Inside awaiting the King already is Lavendar Baroness of Vesper, Lord Clym of Clough [KHV], KHAN [KHV], Vershawn Knight of Trinsic and of course Excalibird the parrot. It's a good thing there is a guard posted at the door of this chamber as Excalibird has sat thru every meeting. Think of the secrets that bird knows!

Dezerai: I am not sure if Cinderella will make it my messages to her have not been answered
Clym of Clough: ah
KHAN: or Governor Galahad
Lavendar: Well, this wasn't a night that Galahad could make it
KHAN: right
Lavendar: last we spoke. We should let the King know that in case he isn't aware.
KHAN: will do
Lavendar: When we had the meet and greet he said a Friday or Sat would be good

KHAN: Hail Queen Mum
Queen Mum: :) Hi to all

You see: King Blackthorn
KHAN: Hail Sire
Vershawn: M'lord
Queen Mum: Hail!
Clym of Clough: Greetings
King Blackthorn: Greetings Governors!
That ability does not seem to work here.
Dezerai: Sire *nods
King Blackthorn: I trust your journey here tonight was met with ease?
Vershawn: *nods*
KHAN: Aye
Queen Mum: yes the storm just passed us in Britain
Lavendar: there was peace in the city
King Blackthorn: I am pleased to see familiar faces tonight
Queen Mum: *smiles*
KHAN: Governor Galahad will not make it tonight I don't think.
King Blackthorn: Well, we will need to send him the notes of tonight's meetings then!

KHAN: Thank you Sire
King Blackthorn: I hope all is well with Galahad.
KHAN: I will handle that
King Blackthorn: Very well. Let's have a seat. I call this meeting to order. First, I have some news to share. I was approached a few days ago by a member of the Trinsic League of Explorers. He goes by the name Trinsic Jones. He brought news of a book he uncovered in a dungeon.

Now many will sit up and say “he uncovered?” And yes we know the full true do we not *winks*. If not for the RBG there would have been no book uncovered.

You see: Cinderella [PAS]
King Blackthorn: He is seeking help with decoding its contents.
Cinderella: Sorry I'm late
King Blackthorn: He asked if I could spare some Scholars to assist him with this task.
King Blackthorn: Not a problem Cinderella. Welcome!
KHAN: We can do that I believe
Dezerai: .We, some of us met this Trinsic Jones during some event where we helped to retrieve an ancient book Sire
King Blackthorn: I've granted him the Scholars, in the hopes that he can discover what secrets this ancient book of his holds. Ahh wonderful. I've asked that he bring me news of what he uncovers, once he has decided this book. Now, for the next part.
Meeting.jpg
King Blackthorn: I would like a report from each governor on the state of their town. Let us begin with the governor of New Magincia.

KHAN: New Magincia is well. We can use some housing though. But the stables seem to be doing some business
King Blackthorn: That is good. You say that it needs more housing?
KHAN: Let the citizens know. Yes, there are plenty of housing plots.
King Blackthorn: Perhaps I should address the citizens regarding this.
KHAN: Thank you Sire
King Blackthorn: Alright, Governor of Minoc. What say you?
Cinderella: well the women are trying to keep cool, you know how hot the summer gets
Cinderella: the men are lucky, they can hide in the mines all day
Cinderella: where it is cool
Cinderella: all is quiet and good
King Blackthorn: ahh wonderful!
King Blackthorn: Greetings Purist and welcome!
Purist: Hail!

King Blackthorn: So Cinderella nothing else to report?
Cinderella: nothing else at this time
King Blackthorn: Alright.

King Blackthorn: Always nice to see a town working so well and having no troubles.
King Blackthorn: what does the Governor of Britain have to report?
Queen Mum: Britain is recovering from the latest storms which brought high winds and torrential rains but thankfully there is no flooding and the water will help with our summer crops
King Blackthorn: Have you helped those affected by the storm?
Queen Mum: the citizens have managed to clean the street of tree debris, yes we have provided them with any help that is necessary
King Blackthorn: Very good.
Queen Mum: they are enjoying the luxury of rafting down the waterfalls *kids will be kids*
King Blackthorn: It is important that we help during these times of crisis.
King Blackthorn: Have the Royal Guard assisted in any way?
Queen Mum: Yes they assisted in watching our stores while the cleanup was happening
King Blackthorn: Very good.
Queen Mum: all is well and of course Britain will survive *smiles*
King Blackthorn: They have a gathering soon. I’ve instructed the **Captain** of the guards, to make sure they are a well-oiled machine.
King Blackthorn: *Achoo*
Queen Mum: *blessings to you Sire*
King Blackthorn: must be a bit dusty in here. I will have someone make sure this room is clean.

King Blackthorn: What does the Governor of Trinsic have to say?
Vershawn: All is quiet on the coast save the sound of Paladin in training'
King Blackthorn: Wonderful. It is almost too quiet if you ask me. I welcome the calm but you never know what awaits us.
Vershawn: *nods*

King Blackthorn: What does Moonglow have to report?
Dezerai: Sire, Over all The isle Moonglow is doing well, the city stone, however, is low and will ask all citizens to run as many trade missions this week as possible to build the coffers up once more, there is still the matter of the Void Dragon sitting outside my office, maybe ask him to move into the zoo? *smiles* It worries me that he has been quiet for so long. And speaking of the Zoo,
Tamer are having a problem turning in Drake and the Greater dragons at the Zoo Sire, other than that. Good news! the sea dragon is back at the Mage tower on the northern part of the island.
thus ends my report.

King Blackthorn: I will see what the royal Tamers can do for you. I will speak with them first thing in the morning.
Dezerai: Thank you sire

King Blackthorn: Lord Clym, what do you have for me regarding Skara Brae?
Clym of Clough: Well, it has been eerily quiet in our city merchants attribute it to the hot weather and the farmers worrying about the crops and it's affecting the city coffers as the city stone is a bit low we hope we get some of that rain that Britain pushed away
King Blackthorn: I see....
Clym of Clough: I think the Crown has made the buffs for our citizens a bit of a heavy burden on our governors
Dezerai: *nods*
Clym of Clough: Especially in times like these but we have harvest coming and hopefully things will be looking up again.

King Blackthorn: Once the harvest is ready, I am sure things will go back to normal
King Blackthorn: Lavendar, what say you regarding Vesper?
Lavendar: Vesper has not been affected by the storms that have troubled our capital city. We have had gentle summer weather, and citizens have enjoyed picnics and fishing from bridges.
The bees have been making honey. We have been continuing to hold a white net toss for the community and some of the other governors have been contributing white nets to help keep that going which is much appreciated.
King Blackthorn: Ahh, wonderful!
Lavendar: We plan to have one net toss every month. That is all for Vesper, Your Highness

King Blackthorn: Alright, I have heard your reports tonight I will proceed to take care of what needs to be taken care off. I will discuss with my planners regarding the festival

After this areas discussed were about upcoming events, festivals, Governor of Yew, etc..
Thus ends this report.