• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gotta Get Bank

T

The_Traveler

WoW doesn't appear to be a poor man's game. It would seem you need copper, silver and gold to survive. That sounds like a Christmas song.

What's a good way for a new player to start building a bank roll?

E

Eldorian

Taking gathering professions like skinning/mining/herbalism and selling the products on the auction house.

Sell everything on the auction house (9 times out of 10 someone will buy it).

There's some good guides out there of recipes you can buy from vendors that sell on the auction house. For example I know of a recipe in the graveyard near Darkshire that a goblin sells there and can only be found there. I can usually buy it for 30 silver or so and sell it on the AH for 2-3 gold.

Once you hit around 60 gold comes a lot quicker. But using my methods above (with some help of the auctioneer addon) I was personally able to buy my mount at 40 and still have about 250 gold in the bank.

B

Bo Riddler

My advice? First stick with collection trade skills, and avoid the skills that cost so much, i.e. Enchanting, Blacksmithing, etc.

Here is how to have enough money in your bank at 35th for your mount at 40th.

Herbalism. Without a doubt Alchemists that are busy, (I have one who is 51st level and 300 Alchemy), and will pay top gold for the easiest herbs to get. Put four or five stacks of Briarthorn on the AH and most of the time, they will be sold before you can walk back over to the mailbox.

As a 300 Herb/300 Alchemist, as I am racing across a field on my way to some where else, if I see a herb on my radar, I have to highlite it and see if its one I would stop for, meaning is it worth dismounting, picking it, and remounting??? Purple Lotus? Ah no. Sungrass? Always. It depends on what the Alchemist brews.

But in my opinion, bottom line. Grab up Herbing/Mining and remember AH is your friend.

Bo

G

What the others said: collection professions. Be a "farmer."

I gave up 128 blacksmith to take up skinning. Don't regret it. I'll go back to blacksmith later.

My recommendation is to take up one profession that lights up on the overhead (herbalism or mining), and skinning. Then all you do is play . . . do quests. Skin what's skinnable, and mine/pick what shows up on your minimap. When your bags get full, sell what you have on AH. I normally do a buyout at the low end of the range so I can be assured of a sale, and have a starting bid not far below the buyout.

Then play. Have fun. By the time you get to 40, you'll have enough for the horsie (or whatever). I have seven characters mounted and two more in their 30s with already enough to buy the mount and training.

Q

Quasiar

Pick everything up!

Number of times I see people leaving lvl 55 grey swords on a corpse makes me laugh. Those are worth 1.5+g per so yes.. they don't stack, but there's few items that stack and are worth more.

Pick up everything and vendor what people wont buy.
Pick Garther profesions

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;Pick everything up!</font color=blue>

Yes. You can nickle and dime your way to a fortune.

There are frequently vendors where you would least expect them, so you can clear your packs of "stuff" without having to return to town. I'm thinking, for example, of the vendors in the Grove of the Ancients in Darkshore, or the Goblin vendor in the eastern part of Windswept Crag in Stonetalon, or the Goblin upstairs at Ravenwood in Duskwood, or the Goblin at the bridge that leads to Dun Modr in the Wetlands. The Bowyer at Eastwood Logging camp lets you stay there and sell without having to head back to Goldshire.

As you explore, check out all the NPCs and see which ones have money bags as you cursor over them.