• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got Helio's Ocean mobile phone...

A

AntiOTF

And it's better than the iphone, and I just wanted to be a brat and rub it in you guys face. I can even read stratics with it in HTML.

R

Rykus

Though I have no doubt that is one nifty gadget, nothing beats the E90 for a general purpose business and entertainment converged device. The internal 800x352 screen is awesome for web browsing and watching movies. Probably half of my posts on Stratics are done from this phone, and in the past I posted quite a bit from my old Nokia 9500, which is the E90's predecessor. I'll stop before I get going. The E90 is one of those things that literally takes hours to demonstrate fully.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll stop before I get going.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, then I guess I won't be needing this...

*puts down shepherd crook*

-Skylark

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

And it's better than the iphone, and I just wanted to be a brat and rub it in you guys face. I can even read stratics with it in HTML.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you used an iphone?
The browser is better than handset I have every used... I call your bluff.
iphone was the best impulsive purchase I've made in years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

meeb hav ash tin cup wit string

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never had a cellphone.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you used an iphone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The browser in the E90 is from the Apple Safari code and is almost identical to the iPhone browser, to the point that it will run iPhone web apps with no problem. The E90 browser (and I presume the iPhone browser) is outstanding and there are very, very few web pages I can't view as if I were working on my PC. The only thing I can't do right now is watch YouTube videos, but that is due to the Flash version and the update for that which will allow YouTube videos to work will be out soon (not the EA "soon"(tm) btw)

Re: the rest of the iPhone. Great gadget, but a bit disappointing when you look at all of the features they could/should have included and ultimately left out, but will most likely include in the next version. I do expect Apple to have an impressive phone in their 2nd or 3rd version of the iPhone, but I wouldn't tell people to run out and get one right now, especially if you live in Europe or anywhere with HSPDA or UMTS high speed cellular internet. EDGE/GPRS is so 2003.

@Skylark - I love my toys...

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok you guys need to run your uo char's using your different phones and battle it out in the arena. Winner take all!

Lorddog

G

<blockquote><hr>

Though I have no doubt that is one nifty gadget, nothing beats the E90 for a general purpose business and entertainment converged device. The internal 800x352 screen is awesome for web browsing and watching movies. Probably half of my posts on Stratics are done from this phone, and in the past I posted quite a bit from my old Nokia 9500, which is the E90's predecessor. I'll stop before I get going. The E90 is one of those things that literally takes hours to demonstrate fully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dis man knows his shiznit. Wasn't your entire squad communications based?

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

hey how much does internet cost on that phone ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the Unlimited /unlimited everything for $99/month. nationwide service.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you used an iphone?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a "duel" http://compare.helio.com/ between the iphone and the ocean on the internet, the iphone won 5/4 catagories, but it was close. The reason I say it's better than the iphone is because it cost a lot less. Helio is the world's first and only dual slider.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

The reason I say it's better than the iphone is because it cost a lot less.

[/ QUOTE ]good point.
But does the helio lock you into a plan? the iphone doesn't. Thats where the cost of most phones comes from: the plan. (i dont know if helio does or not, im just sayin)

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Dis man knows his shiznit. Wasn't your entire squad communications based?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 29Y in the Army - Satellite Communications Systems Maintainer/Repairer. I worked on the 8', 10', 38' and 60' earth terminal systems. Not those little 18" K-band jobbers the Special Forces use. Those aren't that much different than DirecTV dishes really. Same technology. Now I'm a network admin who loves gadgets, but I do keep tabs on the communications industry.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]good point.
But does the helio lock you into a plan? the iphone doesn't. Thats where the cost of most phones comes from: the plan. (i dont know if helio does or not, im just sayin)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's a 2 year contract, but at $99/month for unlimited everything you can think of, I don't mind it at all. Don't get me wrong, if the iphone had not went exclusively AT&amp;T, I would have gotten a iphone, but I don't like AT&amp;T packages, just too damn much money.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get 1500 minutes a month, unlimited internet and unlimited BlackBerry (the E90 also does BB service) and 500 text/MMS messages for about $85 a month. T-Mobile rocks, especially since they signed usage agreements with Cingular/AT&amp;T and Cellular One. No matter which of the three you use, you use the towers of the other two with no roaming costs. So I get the #1 award winning (See J.D. Power) service for the last 5 years, plus the lowest cost plans, AND the use of the largest network nation-wide. The only downside I know of is if you have lots of friends in your network and free mobile to mobile is a big deal. It isn't to me though, I've only went over 1000 minutes in a month one time in the last 8 years that I've been with T-Mobile.

Plus, T-Mobile is pushing hard to get UMTS/HSDPA in the US. You lucky bastages in the EU already enjoy cellular internet at 3.6mbps while we limp along with the 256k (give or take, depending on carrier) EDGE/GPRS service in the US. Bleh.. I can't even use some of the really cool features of my phone until we get some decent data rates here.

A

AntiOTF

The US has always tried to hold back technology due to their greed. They're doing the same thing with tv's and file sharing.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

The US has always tried to hold back technology due to their greed. They're doing the same thing with tv's and file sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real. I also believe stupidity is a factor too. I have so little faith in the people who run this country, both political and corporate, that it makes me sick.

G

yikes 1000$-1200$ a year just so you can read stratics while sitting on the toliet at work?

Here's my only question, can the helio ocean phone make toast? Cuase if it doesn't then im just not buying ill hold out for an uber cellphone that can do everything yours does but also makes toast!

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

meeb hav ash tin cup wit string

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never had a cellphone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. Sometimes a man just wants to be left alone...

but when my pals need to reach me, they know that I will promptly respond to smoke signals.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

yikes 1000$-1200$ a year just so you can read stratics while sitting on the toliet at work?

Here's my only question, can the helio ocean phone make toast? Cuase if it doesn't then im just not buying ill hold out for an uber cellphone that can do everything yours does but also makes toast!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you need one of them new Swiss Army Phones!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you need one of them new Swiss Army Phones!

[/ QUOTE ]

pfft what do the swiss know about toast? pratically nothing ill tell you.