• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got a tall order - Looking for RP

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking for an rp guild. I don't know if what I'm looking for exists anymore, but thought I'd toss out an inquiry.

I'm looking for an rp guild that isn't simply rubber stamped "good". I prefer playing evil or at least something
intellectually stimulating. I get annoyed with evil that is simply pking and being called evil or that is evil that consists of weekly kidnapping and attacks with no intellect or story stimulation.

I value RL over the game and as such do not have the capacity nor desire to be in-game 24/7. I can usually be in-game for events with prior notice.

Shard nor facet matters. I am willing to work on skills and fund my character, but prefer them to evolve with the character's rp rather than rubber stamp awesome pvper. I will not train skills that do not fit my character and will not wear clothing that doesn't fit them rply either.

I adore playing kindred and I have for many years, but can be happy as playing homegrown human too.I do not believe a character has to be unusual or 1/4 unicorn to be interesting. Humans can have just as much depth and personality than any weird crazy combo some folks have come up with.

I hate god-moding. I hate god-like characters and people who play with powers being forced on others. I expect other rpers to respect my knowledge of my own character and respect that I will be true to it and allow powers that would work to do so.

I love writing when inspired by my character or RP.

I have zero interest in cybering, either IC or OOC. I may be a girl in real life, but I'm also a very happily married one. I am not a challenge to be pursued because I have boobs on the other side of the screen.

I have engaged in pvp in the past, both rp and non-rp. I am out of practice, but I don't mind learning again if it works with the character.

I do prefer highlighted guilds for true depth of RP and to allow for reasonable interaction. If my character insults your character and your character would wipe the floor with them... I believe they should do so or at least be able to try if they have the skills. I hate people who rp jerks or god-like and hide behind being "blue".

I hate drama.

I like plots without a script.

I have been known to use dice for my character reactions if I feel they'd be "torn" to help stay true to my character and not allow for any OOC preferences to influence the outcome. I have also rolled in situations where my character is attempting to resist something and have when playing kindred and lycan rolled an actual character sheet.

I think that's about it. If nothing else, writing this has been fun. If you think you have a guild/community that fits, please shoot me a PM. Thank you!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege could be your choice of shard. We are growing, now where you can place both on normal shards and Siege/Mugen.
In the past, we had several evil RP guilds, including mine. If you start a char now, I'm sure we will see some new RP evil guilds.
Many evil RP guilds had rules for looting and griefing.
It takes two to RP and one do have to start. With the global chat, we have at least one thief being in char in the chat. If people know you do RP they may RP too.

Evil RP can be many thing. I had been a nice and blue girl the last few year, but in the past, I would try to RP before attacking someone. I'm not a hard core RP'er and not much up to events.
In the past, I would have a few macros, something like "You look heavy, can I help carry your gold and gems?" or maybe I would ask " drop your gold or die"
Later I ended up as a vampire and my macros changed. Now I need their blood and would not loot anything.

Most I had in my guild was going alone or in small groups and the goal was to share some fun, even when our target sometime died or we did.

Here is one of my more fun meeting in the wood, before I become a vampire. I was in one of Sieges old RP PvP Evil guilds, The Undead Lords. I had to write stories for the forum about my actions

Was that Myrkuls work?
Freja was riding at an old road, she know very well, when she saw two ladies, one was young, the other could had been her mother.
They both had an axe and was out cutting woods. They was in dress and hats and did not look like they belong to the forest. They looked very innocent and Freja could get close to them without they reacted like Mortals use to do. They just said Hello, when they saw Freja.
Freja looked at them, and was thinking, that she wanted to please Myrkul with this two lady souls.
Freja like to tell them why she attack, so she said: 'Prepare to die foolish mortal. My master Myrkul requires your soul.' and attacked one of them named Lovis. It did not look like Lovis wanted to give up her soul and she jumped on her horse, run to town.
Freja then attack the other woman, the young one named Aliena. This lady did not run but tried to fight, she died fast.
She did not have much with her and Freja raised her again and told her: 'Thank you for adding your puny mortal soul to Myrkul's greatness'
She mumbled something, not easy to understand, then she asked:'who is myrkul?'
Befor Freja could say more than 'My Master and God', Lovis was back and attacked Freja.
Freja and Lovis took a race more to town, Lovis did not know, that Freja know this forest very well and know how close she could go to town without get in trouble with the guards.
Freja went back to Aliena.
Aliena was still asking questions: Aha and what is your god saying to kill ladies?
Freja said, Lady souls pleased Myrkul very well.
Freja told: My masters is undead lords. I'm only a slave yet serving my lords and their God Myrkul.
This lady was careless, she was rumbling around in her items, then she said: Wow, a necklace, look! and she smiled to Freja.
Now, i am a rich lady or not? she said.
She again looked at Freja and said: can i ask you something, but, you must say the truth.
Ok ask Freja said.
Why are all the evils killing everyone, what do they want?
Freja did not have the answar for this, she could only try to explain, why she was killing, and even that made her trouble, she only knew, she had to kill to harvest souls to Myrkul, and she enjoyed it.
Lovis is back again, Freja attack her and once more Freja lose the race to town.
Lovis keep coming back, this time yelling 'go ahead talk to Aliena and Don't shoot me, I'm a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB'
Freja did not know what a noob was, Freja attacked again.
Aliena started yelling, Stop, Lovis is my aunt, please not kill old ladies.
Freja stopped, did not follow the old lady to town this time.
Lovis was back again, yelled: TALK, do not KILL me.
A evil looking mortal show up, there was writing GRANDOR: [Apache Warlard, Hun] on his clothes.
Corp Por - Energy Bolt, GRANDOR said, then he laugh and run of with arrows hitting him his back.
Aliena keep asking: Tell me, what have i do with the evils in this land.
Of all the evils, who have killing me, no one has taken my stuff, why?
Bloodthirsty Freja said.
Freja looked at Lovis: I still need your soul for Myrkul, she said.
Take it if you want, Lovis said.
Freja said, she would let Lovis keep her sould to next time.
Lovis dropped all her items in the hands of Aliena and said: Ready to be killed.
Aliena started to beg: Kill her please now, I have all her stuff, please kill her.
Freja was wondering, what happing to this ladies and said no not today.
Next time is early enough, Lovis said and smiled.
My stuff please I am freezing to death otherwise, Lovis said with a shivery voice.
Aliena, my stuff please, she demended.
Aliena smiled evil, but did not give the stuff back.
Lovis attacked Aliena without having a weapen.
Let kill, Aliena said and armed her axe.
Freja dropped an axe for Lovis feeds and the older lady turned out to be the strongest or the best to swing an axe, and Aliena died again.
Haha Lovis said, and picked up her items from Aliena's body.
Freja shake her head and leave the ladies after she raised Aliena again.
Freja don't understand what made this two ladies bloodthirsty, could it be Myrkul?
Freja, Slave of Myrkul, [UDL]

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things are calming down in IRL, so I'm hoping to play UO more and try and revive Pacific roleplaying. I ran an RP Event for the first time in ages last week. I'm still quite rusty but it went alright and I think everyone had a good time. This month I recruited a bunch of new and returning players, many with good RP potential. We could use more movers and shakers, however, those folk who kick off storylines and events and let others fall into character and react to them. We could also use a focused villain, someone who can consistently stir up trouble. So if you have any desire to return to Pacific, we'd love to have you.

I have one always active villain character who runs my main villain guild, The Shadowlords, which is based upon our interpretation of the Shadowlords of both Ultima 5 and of UO. The organization itself is supposed to be this vast necromantic organization (think villainous pyramid scheme) trying to recover the lost necromantic lore of Aritoth El'Bashir. At any rate, I play my main villain as sort of a subtle mover of deeds, who walks openly in Britannian society but is secretly one of the masterminds of this vile organization. I initially trained up my villain to 60 stealing so I could join the thieves guild, then dropped stealing altogether and made him a necromancer. What this allows me to do, however, is buy a disguise kit, slap on a disguise, and roleplay him as the underlings my villain hires to do his dirty work.

At any rate, everyone probably knows I can get long winded so before I do, I'll just say we'd love to have you back!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the villain guilds have diminished on Pacific sadly. These days, however, we write up story villains who remain in the background pulling the strings which gets written into our story posts. They'll often send minions to do their bidding (or to borrow from Star Wars, storm troopers) who can be killed off during events. To play these storm troopers, I have several characters that I've joined to the thieves guild. I trained up stealing to 60, joined, then dropped stealing after. I can now slap on a disguise, dress in different armor, and I have a fully trained character I can use to battle the players in my events. For those who have an interest in doing this, be warned. Your corpses become freely lootable, even in Trammel, but most of the time nobody bothers to try looting you so it's no big deal.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the clinically insane believe themselves to be truly evil.

That's the reason it's never that simple. And tales consisting of black and white tend to get boring around the time we reach maturity. A true villain never believes himself to be doing wrong. She never believes herself to be cruel or unjust. Even Hitler had justification in his mind for the atrocities he committed. And what's more villainous than a Lunite Paladin torturing an innocent peasant for heresy?

If you're having trouble finding a villain, start looking at other avenues and moral dilemmas.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looking, but no luck with anything that fits my criteria yet. I'm finicky in my ol' age. I do appreciate the offers both here and off the forum.

Even though I haven't found what I am looking for, I do hope perhaps some other folks who read this will nibble on the offers presented here. :grouphug:

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Only the clinically insane believe themselves to be truly evil.

That's the reason it's never that simple. And tales consisting of black and white tend to get boring around the time we reach maturity. A true villain never believes himself to be doing wrong. She never believes herself to be cruel or unjust. Even Hitler had justification in his mind for the atrocities he committed. And what's more villainous than a Lunite Paladin torturing an innocent peasant for heresy?

If you're having trouble finding a villain, start looking at other avenues and moral dilemmas.
YES! I've been saying this for at least the last 15 years! The best example of this that I've ever seen is Magnito:

Magnito was captured as a child and sent to a Nazi Internment Camp and all of that happened (dont' need to go into it) and from that, he has sought to make sure that those events are never repeated to anyone ever again. What we "normal" people see as being different and dangerous (same as 'ze Germans saw with the Jews) was just the way the Magnito and his fellow mutants were by birth, not something that they can control. If you look at it from that perspective, Magnito is the worlds greatest humanitarian (mutanitarian?). Unfortunately, we tend to look at it from the "oh crap, he just blew up the Statue of Liberty's Torch" perspective.

I also think that Lord Blackthorn WAS a fair example, though the whole thing where he was under mind control totally threw me out of the storyline (you guys couldn't just make someone else king? He's evil, he's dead, he's back to life, there are still like... 4-5 gravestone markers...). With LB's perspective, the Virtues were a powerful force that should drive everyone to be the very best they possibly could be, Darwinism at it's finest imho. When I first came back to the game I had plans to follow in LB's footprints.. but then I found out about how LB's a good-guy now (GRAHAHFAF!), so that didn't really work.

I think that the best way to find your niche is to just start roleplaying your character the way that you want them to be. Find your cause and determine your means to reaching your ends and get to it! I'm sure that there will be others out there who will be excited and happy to join with you.

Also, another fun thing to consider is to find an opposing guild. You can plan out some rather fun RP events with a few guilds and act everything out... I'm sure it would be a TON of fun, and you don't even have to PvP if you don't want to. Just use your imagination!
imagination.jpg

Last edited: