• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Got 120 Scroll ...Now what?

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I finally got my 120 Fishing power scroll.

15 King Crab
10 Amberjack
20 Bluefish
20 Red Drum
20 Drake Fish
15 Orc Bass

Atlantic / Tram / Jhelom to Skra Bra / 115 skill

I am now at 115.6 fishing skill
I have bunches of bait, Lava Poles, and Traps.

I have one 105 scroll and ten 110 scrolls no one seems to want to buy.
I see no need to do anymore fishing quest at this time.

SO My question is should I try to sell off my stockpile of fish?

I have a bunch of each kind and I still got a bunch of deep water fish to catch before I hit 120.

I don't want to get rid of my fish stockpile....but I could use the room.

Has There been any mention of adding new quest rewards, or other possible use for these fish in the future?

:danceb: :danceb: :confused: :please:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I were you, I'd look at two options:

1. Continue to fish, and try to get books 5 & 6
2. Cull your stockpile down to 50-60 fish per type, and sell the rest in commodity deeds of 10 or 20.

Since there are supposed to be some changes to the rewards (since it appears book 6 isn't dropping, and book 5 is harder to get than a crimson is from a peerless), #1 might not be the way to go, unless you want to use filling quests as a driver for skill gains (Which is what I'm personally doing filling quests while training to 120).

For you, if you plan to casually gain to 120 (since most of your gains that way will be GGS or pulling up SOS), selling fish will be more lucrative in the short term.

Do note that a lot of people (including myself) seem to be seeing quicker gains from SOS pre-loot and the chest itself, in terms of casts per game, but you can actually fish faster than SOS hunt for gains But, it's a good excuse to get rid of those normal SOS and pull in that gold (20 normal SOS amount to about 500k gold, 200 scrolls that can be sold, 400 reagents for various uses, and 400 gems for imbuing - even without going through the loot for the special drops, nets, t-maps, and anything of value that might spawn in them, and unraveling the rest).

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Now.... you do this

*Throws his lava lobster traps at the Devs*

V

vvvaaannn

Now you grind to 120 skill and then get OCD and go out and catch every rare/legendary fish/lobster/crab there is, then you fill a bazzillion quests so perhaps, if possible, you get book 6 and can tell us where in the hell dread lobsters are at:thumbup:

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know players will pay a lot of gold if you sell them a 120 fishing PS. Some still don't have there's yet and still trying. *cough* like me...!!