• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Gorgon lens

R

Radix

Where do you find the crystals to craft the gorgon lens? There is a lot of types of crystals now, those come from the Shimmering dungeon?

R

RichDC

Where do you find the crystals to craft the gorgon lens? There is a lot of types of crystals now, those come from the Shimmering dungeon?
Basically, yes.

Also able to be used are the crystal shards from the cavern of discard(i believe) and the Red Event Crystals.

Nice thing btw, the blessed ones in shim work...so dying, not that big a deal, as do the timered ones i believe(havent tried as i use the keys :p)

R

Radix

Did you try the crystal shards from Cavern? I think this not work, or it's not supposed to work.
I have read that frozen mummys from Prism of Light drops broken crystals, did not fight one for a long time, have to go there,
maybe even the key broken crystals can be used for the lens.

I realized lately that you can "skin" Medusa when she is still alive (only problem is that she doesn't like too much and can become a little angry with you xD ), and you get a bright medusa scales instead the common ones, i did and confirm, is there any diference between these light scales and the dark scales she drops when you skin her corpse?

Never hear anything about those red event crystals.

R

RichDC

Yes, there is a difference.

To my knowledge, the bright gorgon lens makes you 100% resistant to stoneing. Whereas the other is only 90.

The frozen mummy does yes...but so do all the mobs, the blessed crystal fragments can be used(tested confirmed many many times :)), never tested the ones in the cavern of discard but in hindsight i would say it would seem stupid to do that...so it probably does! :p

All of the keys for shimmering can be used, Only an idiot would try to use the event crystals (seeing as only i think 16per shard where distributed)

R

Radix

:thumbup:mmm, good to know!
wonder where you get all this info, guys xD

I am not 100% sure, speaking of memory, in recent changes, there is a new blacksmith option to convert 5 almost useless glass swords and a blue diamond in a crystal shard, this works but i am not sure now about the crystal type you got (i think was shards, so many types...)

Maybe this works and we have another resource for making gorgon lens!

:stir:

R

RichDC

:thumbup:mmm, good to know!
wonder where you get all this info, guys xD

I am not 100% sure, speaking of memory, in recent changes, there is a new blacksmith option to convert 5 almost useless glass swords and a blue diamond in a crystal shard, this works but i am not sure now about the crystal type you got (i think was shards, so many types...)

Maybe this works and we have another resource for making gorgon lens!

:stir:

Its not blacksmith its glass blowing/alchemy. Oh and they are far from useless...i just haven't found a use yet :p

That crystal shard though is the Enhance potion ingredient for imbuing.

Most of the info i get on this type of thing is just by trial and error...im sure it is written somewhere but i just try **** and see ;p