• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye Felucca

P

Priam_Sonoma

So I have spent the last few days running around Fel. Long story short, even old Sonoma is now filled with the the debris of UO. It's sad to think that once there was some essemblance of honor in PvP, some rhyme or reason to PKing. Now, it's just post-pubescent children who think this game's version of PvP is skill. Foul mouthed low life who kill and grief like the PKs of excess that made Trammel a neccesity. It's sad, I used to travel between facets. I gave and I took. I understood the rules of the game and the way life was. You fought to survive and got better. At least back then I could respect my opponents. Not anymore. Felucca is yours now, enjoy what you have done to it.

~ Priam

N

noxyoursox

Are you crying? Please take your sob stories somewhere else b/c no one cares. Thx

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stop crying because you died and somebody said mean things to you. Its a computer game get over it lol

S

Salty Pete

He isn't crying because he died. He is pointing out that people like you act like tools when they manage to kill his under skilled, under equipped character as if they just beat the best PvPer on the shard.

Wow, you killed a character obviously unable to properly fight back. You sure do rule at UO. Make sure you call him names for losing to you, that way he'll always remember that you > than all in UO. LOL.

It's basically like running into Despise and "pWnInG" an earth elemental. You should totally do that and then post screen shots here and trash talk the corpse as you loot it of its AWESOME gear!

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt it pathetic Priam? While there on not many of us old school reds left we are still around. Its the main reason why I play solo now adays, no one has respect for anyone else anymore, but I love fel and I do love the once in a while fight.

There are many areas where people dont bother you, thats primarly where I spend my time.

And welcome back to Sonoma, sorry it has taken this long in welcoming you home.

P

Priam_Sonoma

Last two posts nailed it. You can ask Dor, I hung out in Fel alot, YMCA and what not. I still am looking into factions. Especially if Poo is running.

But the caliber of PKer has slipped. Notice they have nothing intelligent to say to defend their side. Same old smack talking. Old schooler PKs would slap you down and rez or at least leave you to crawl away. lol

These guys bleed you dry until you don't want to fight em. And then they are first to whine that Fel is dead.

Fight with Honor, fight with Valor, be a gentleman, be humble in your victories and more so in your losses. "I OwNed you N**ga" doesn't cut it. You want me to run at you again and again? Treat me with respect if you beat me.

N

noxyoursox

I can act how i want..until you start paying my 12.99 a mo. I really dont care what you "oldschool" pvpers that have turned trammy think. If u cant stand the heat...get outta the kitchen. It amuses me how some of you take rl situations into uo. ITS JUST A GAME.

P

Priam_Sonoma

I can act how i want..until you start paying my 12.99 a mo. I really dont care what you "oldschool" pvpers that have turned trammy think. If u cant stand the heat...get outta the kitchen. It amuses me how some of you take rl situations into uo. ITS JUST A GAME.
That is the old defense for poor behavior for as long as the game has been around. Griefing, racial language, hacking, scripting, you name it. "It's just a game."

How bout this instead....

If we fight and you beat me, act like a man. Walk away, for that exchange you were the better man. If I beat you, you will get the respect you deserve because you tested me. That is all I am saying. Acting like a punk because you are safe behind a computer screen is sad.

You want more targets? More fights? More people in Fel? Make fighting fun and enoucourage people to go at you. Otherwise you can stay in Fel alone...

Oh and by the way, I can own like you guys....

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't belive your all crying because somebody killed you and called you names. If you don't like it stop being trammies and learn to pvp so you hold your own. If you can't do that than stop crying and stay out of fel.

P

Priam_Sonoma

I can't belive your all crying because somebody killed you and called you names. If you don't like it stop being trammies and learn to pvp so you hold your own. If you can't do that than stop crying and stay out of fel.
So I have spent the last few days running around Fel.
Days, like five. Not one person, many people. Not just killed me, but acted like idiots. Do you play with honor? Ask yousefl that. Do you PK to upset people or because you love the challenge of the fight. You can't believe we are complaining. I can't believe you are defending poor sportsmanship.

K

Kurare

If you'd prefer, I can supply you with a rune to my house where you are welcome to come and be killed free of smack-talk.

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares about honor in an internet game? I pvp for fun and smack talk for fun and it makes my day when people like you take the time to make long posts like this crying about it.

P

Priam_Sonoma

Who cares about honor in an internet game? I pvp for fun and smack talk for fun and it makes my day when people like you take the time to make long posts like this crying about it.
Once again proving my point. Don't care about anyone or anything but you. Right?

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly. I don't care about anybody else over an internet game except my guildmates

S

Salty Pete

LOL dude ain't crying, he's just getting a discussion started about why Felucca is bleeding players like him (we'll call them victims for your behalf.)

You want to talk crying, you should stand around and read the conversations that you "PvPers" have when you think you are alone. LOL.

"___ is a hacker!" "Yeah dude he totally hacks." "___ is a speed hacker I was fighting him 1v1 and he ran like a pancake so fast he vanished in five steps" "LOL u only won cause u had healers" "U suck u need ___ skill to win" "U suck u need ___ item to win" "I only died cause I lagged" "____ template(s) is (are) gimp" "____ sucks because he only wins with _____"

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
those are the usual excuses people give me for owning them. When i die unless you talk smack i dont complain. But i rarely die 1v1.....

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well what i mean by complain is I will talk smack back not come on stratics and write an essay

P

Priam_Sonoma

Well what i mean by complain is I will talk smack back not come on stratics and write an essay
I came on here to lament what I perceived as a change in dominant personalities of reds in Fel. If I did anything wrong it was judge all Fel players by the fifteen or so I saw in this last week. No matter. If I can see what is going on with factions, I will build a PvP character. Then we can both put our money where our mouthes are.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
stuff like this use to get me down.

i just put everyone on ignore now, that way i dont see what anyone is typing.

then i can just cruise around and play, humm a little song to myself.

which works good cause the other day i killed a guildmate in the middle of a big fight in despise..... so i was able to just turn around and kill the next guy without skipping a beat.

"no poo, no, its me.... dude im green to you, stop, DUDE!..... OOooOOooOO!!!"

you wanna see double whopper with cheese talk, i can forward you some of my fan mail i get through stratics, hahahhahahhaha

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See. If alot of these young jackasses would show some respect to folks. Say GF and continue on, they would have more folks to fight with. New folks to PvP know that they are not all that great and most of the time are just learning. When they come over and get bad mouthed the whole time they are in fel and dont enjoy themselves, they dont come back. So Nox and Scam stop being asshats. The guy was stating the truth about Sonoma PvP. You wonder why PvP vets like me are rarely seen on the feild. Its because I dont like putting up with the childish behavior of todays felluca population. I do still PvP, but not alot on EA. I do it elsewhere.

Priam. You got my PM and if ever you wish to try out the fel side again, do give me a yell. Be more than willing to help you.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Priam, you can come hang out with me at my house, I'll show you how to be lame, and then you can watch me kill most of these idiots talking trash IN THIS THREAD. haha By the way SCAM, I'm down for the 50 mil duel. I picked who I want. HAHA Out of the 8 or 9 I killed in the last day.

SCAM

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Priam, you can come hang out with me at my house, I'll show you how to be lame, and then you can watch me kill most of these idiots talking trash IN THIS THREAD. haha By the way SCAM, I'm down for the 50 mil duel. I picked who I want. HAHA Out of the 8 or 9 I killed in the last day.
Thats funny because everytime I watched you fight a SCAM you ran for your life or ran to guard zone. I also watched as you sat there to afraid to flag on many of us 1v1

N

noxyoursox

Makes me laugh that half of you guyz take this game so serious. Do you fight with honor? Who gives a f***? Its sad to think that u have more uo friends than rl friends. So plz...start playing the game instead of living it.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not that we take this game serious. You have a differnt veiw point about this game, due to the fact that you just joined UO recently, or you have lost touch with what it use to be like.

Most reds now adays just kill you with 5 other guys and call you a pathetic newbie trammie or something of that nature. When in reality its you that are so, maybe not a trammie or whatever you kids are calling it these days, but when it takes a X number of players to kill one person its kind of pathetic. Its even more pathetic when you all start thumping your chests and saying how godlike you are.

Did you know that this game use to be skill based only, and not item based? Any fool now adays can throw on a good suit and gear and pretty much become godlike and kill anyone that has inferior gear then them. Its not skill anymore its who has more money.

Did you know that reds did have a actual coe of honor back in the day? Atleast most reds. You protected your own, you didnt kill other reds, and you respected you kills and your opponents. After most battles everyone would just sit around and talk.

Now adays you just sit around and grief. You have lost respect for others in this game. It started with just a few of you, now its pretty much everyone. Why do you think none of the old school pvpers are around anymore?(or atleast not many of them.) they got tired of this item war, and the loss of respect. It just wasnt worth it.

Show some respect for your kills, im not sayin to res them, but when you sit over their body claiming your the best pvper in the wolrd its not very classy.

If you showed some respect I promie you that more people would come to fel, you would have more fights, and there would be more action around.

Think about it.

B

Bluebottle

Seems when I played Sonoma more even as a PKd blue in Fel, I could count on a res, my gear back and often some character appropriate words of encouragement/or good humoured joshing - seems those days are long gone. But I guess there must be folk playing nowadays who simply don't value creativity or simply accuse us of taking the game too seriously!! Seriously?? Who are they kidding - verbal jousting is much more entertaining than mindlessly rolling an uber template, max scrolling, max insured/blessed equipping then firing up a bunch of macros and may the best internet connection, the biggest zerg mob and fastsest rig win *sigh* - now that's what I call taking the game waaay too seriously!

S

Salty Pete

Seems when I played Sonoma more even as a PKd blue in Fel, I could count on a res, my gear back and often some character appropriate words of encouragement/or good humoured joshing - seems those days are long gone. But I guess there must be folk playing nowadays who simply don't value creativity or simply accuse us of taking the game too seriously!! Seriously?? Who are they kidding - verbal jousting is much more entertaining than mindlessly rolling an uber template, max scrolling, max insured/blessed equipping then firing up a bunch of macros and may the best internet connection, the biggest zerg mob and fastsest rig win *sigh* - now that's what I call taking the game waaay too seriously!
I hear you on that.

To be good at PvP these days guys sink either tons of RL $ into their PvP gear or hundreds of hours of trammel PvM. Something any right thinking person would call taking a game far too serious.

Back in the day you could make a completely PvP ready character in a couple of days using gear bought for the cost of killing a few dozen earth elementals. If you died, you lost some gear and maybe had to scrape up a couple of thousand in gold. When you won you got to equip yourself for free next time you fought. It was hard to take that kind of game play seriously.

And yet people on the whole were a lot more civil to each other. Perhaps all of that RL $ spending and execessive PvM are getting to people.